Redwall

Vigilant Fiend

First Post
I am about to begin a campaign based upon the redwall books by brian jacques. I was hoping somone here has read them and can give me some ideas on adventures, racial ablities, magic items, classes.....ect. Any and all comments are welcome.

everchanging02

First Post
Funny, that. I was thinking 'what if someone tried running <i>Redwall</i> as a D&D campaing', the other day, as a passing thought.
I'm not sure how much I can help you. Been a few years since I read the series and I am (supposedly) re-reading it, ATM (but I kind of have not been, as of late v.v ).
The primary difficulty I see with this idea is that Redwall is not a 'magical world'. Sure, some things extraordanairy occur, but not magic, per se.
There are many creatures, but I'll try to keep it to the memorable ones.

Classes...
This is an interesting one.
You have the mice of Redwall, much like monks of the Medieval time more than those of D&D. Probably something Clerical, but, agian, you'd have to replace the magic with special skills in medicine, etc.
Shrews. GOUSEM (sp?). Gotta love those swashbucklers. Probably rogues finding almost all kinds of trades. The GOUSEM in particular are probably more fighter-rogues.
Moles. Definitely the engineers. Probably Experts. Lotts of knowledges and basic engineering skills.
The Hares are probably ranger-ish. At least those associated with Salamandestron, as I recall. Though I remember Jodders from <i>Outcast of Redwall</i> seeming more a Bard to me.
Badgers definitely are the fighter-types. Maybe Barbarian as favored class, though it's hard to tell.

Racial abilities:
Well, there are a lot of things, here.
Stats probably would adjust as you see fit. Maybe use a Badger from the MM as a basis and draw conclusions from that. (Personally, typing this, I am almost tempted to try and work out things for it, so I might come back later with a post on my perception of a race, if you'd be interested).

Adventures:
Almost anything goes. Usually, however, you have some evil that is trying to destroy Redwall, though, in the books.
You could draw the local encounter (Cluny the Scourge) or the far off one (as from <i>Mariel of Redwall</i>, where a rat pirate on a far-off island takes captive a mouse of redwall and, some brave mouse goes to destroy him).

There is always Martin's Sword, when it comes to magic items. Probably something to the extent of Rat Bane...

Give me a bit (probably sometime this week) and I think I could draw up some stuff. And don't worry if you don't use it, I'll be doing it for my own fun, as well. :)

And, if you can, I would suggest reading the books. VERY fun books, good for all ages.

Vigilant Fiend

First Post
redwall

thanks for the help everchangung. I'll probably do as you suggested and use the MM for abilities. I am however adding magic to my redwall(for myself and my players magics a big thing).Also if anyone can come up with possible equip. and items I'd appreciate it.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases