Because your childhood is not dead enough

Ryujin

Legend
That they are even considering this shows just how out of touch producers really are. "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" is a terrible movie. Absolutely horrible. It's not the movie that makes it fun but rather the cult that was built up around it, and the organic interaction that built up between a terrible movie and its fans. Anyone who has been to a theatre, that has shown it long-term, knows this already. Hollywood thinks that it can create (or recreate) a cult movie. Cult movies aren't created; they happen.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
If they want to do something good, they need to re-boot firefly! !

The problem with that is that a large part of what made Firefly work was the chemistry between the actors. The time has passed for the original bunch - and a new bunch in that same universe would probably not be so lucky as to have similar chemistry.

Don't try to bring back the dead. It isn't pretty. It tends to ruin the memory of them when they were alive. So, really, just don't. :)

Ryujin

Legend
The problem with that is that a large part of what made Firefly work was the chemistry between the actors. The time has passed for the original bunch - and a new bunch in that same universe would probably not be so lucky as to have similar chemistry.

Don't try to bring back the dead. It isn't pretty. It tends to ruin the memory of them when they were alive. So, really, just don't. :)

I tend to agree. The constant "reimagining" (that involves no imagination), "rebooting" (then constantly stealing from the original), and sequelling (Is that a word?) annoys the crap out of me. Try something original, networks. People are eventually going to catch on to the lack of originality. I hope. Please.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
could be a spoof "Rocky" Horror, two remakes for the price of one. :) Rocky vs Pennywise / Frank N. Furter.

Damn, I need to be a screen writer! :)

I'd prefer Freddy Krueger vs Muppets: Nightmare on Sesame Street. Possible climactic showdown with The Count.

"HOW many STRRRIKES will it take forrr me to be finished with you, Freddy? One! Two! Thrrreeee! AH-AH-AH-AAAAAAAHHH!"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases