The Origin of the Gnoll (again)

MerakSpielman

First Post
Col_Pladoh said:
So now we're dragon in the whole of monsterdom, and some of you think that rocs, eh? Well, you won't roper me into posting more such dreadful puns!

This time I am serious when I say I have to get to work.

Gary

Uh huh. Sure.

You were lost the gnoment you agreed to post in the "interview gary" threads. Gnow look at you, as addicted as the rest of us.

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Col_Pladoh said:
I made up "gnoll" thinking of it as a cross between a gnome and a troll

Wow. I think I heard this somewhere, but I don't recall where (was it in the Red Box of OD&D?). Nice to see my guess wasn't far off the mark. ;)

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
MerakSpielman said:

Uh huh. Sure.

You were lost the gnoment you agreed to post in the "interview gary" threads. Gnow look at you, as addicted as the rest of us.

These are really great boards, I agree. Fact is I don't usually start checking the threads, as I get drawn in too easily. right now I should be plotting the adventure of an "old school" module that's been requested, but that's like work, dude :D

Heh,
Gary

Clay_More

First Post
The worst "punnish" comment I ever made in a game was when the players had gotten attacked by horrible, brain stealing zombies. The highly intelligent wizard had his brain eaten, but was ressurected later. Unfortunately, this left him severaly deprived on intelligence, so they sought the Zombie that had eaten his brain to get it back. Again, unfortunately, the Zombie gains intelligence from doing so. The players finally enter the old tomb where they last saw the zombies. Instead of a musty old tomb, there's a study with a large, roaring fireplace. Behind a mahogny desk sits the zombie, now dressed in a red Nightgown. As the players enter, the zombie says (in a scottish accent)....

"Sooo... we met again"

Intelligent readers might notice an obvious lack of Gnomes in this entire story... well im Danish, thats us in a nutshell, hardly ever make sense... One thing I still find a bit odd about D&D, is that supposedly Haflings live in "Grassy Gnolls"....

Perhaps its a good way of getting more Gary-authentic threads, by having subjects that you simply cannot help but to respond to. Its nice to see that you do give a Kobolds nosehair about us... sob sob...

Last edited:

WanderingMonster

First Post
RigaMortus said:
You guys are showing GNOMERCY here.

Personally, I'm a ghast that someone might disapprove of the puns! It's a harmless destrachan. It doesn't take osyluth to detect that wereboar'd and just need to have some fun.

Of course, maybe the thread was started to stirge up some trouble. In which case we should all feel tendriculos.

That's my two centaurs.

RigaMortus

Explorer
I don't mean to be druid, but to call this a pun would be a misgnomer.

Heh, I hope I don't get bard from this (ethereal) forum for making such bad puns :)

Ashwyn

First Post
If I had gnome this thread was going to turn into a punfest, I would have posted mohrg. Why? I love puns. There, I said it. Phew, feels good to be out of the quasit.:)

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
Clay_More said:

[snippage]

Perhaps its a good way of getting more Gary-authentic threads, by having subjects that you simply cannot help but to respond to. Its nice to see that you do give a Kobolds nosehair about us... sob sob...

Hold on there. Don't get carried away. Maybe a kobold's ear hair, but not a whole nose hair!

:eek:
Gary

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases