D&D 5E [D&D 5E] Tattered Memories: An Adventure in Tethyr (COMPLETE)

Forged Fury

First Post
A look of delight appeared on Vials' face. "You're here about the plague? Excellent, I always figured Tolliver was smarter than he looked, I could use the help. As the only man of learning in the village, the task of developing a cure has fallen to me, doubly so now that we're all locked in here."

The gnome gestured towards the various charts and notes tacked up around the walls. "It's quite a bit, but I've been working tirelessly to try to solve the riddle of the plague, but have only had so much luck. In fact, my luck turned for the worst when Tethyr put up the quarantine..."

Vials stopped and sighed before continuing. "So, the plague... From my observation, the first victims consisted of a crew of woodsmen. They came back to town in high spirits after work. The next morning, they were well and truly sick and didn't leave town. The morning after, they were dead. No families to speak of, they lived together in a flop house in the northeast part of town."

Pointing at a chart with names, dates, and locations, the gnome continued, "I would guess they were infected in the woods, but the disease doesn't seem to match up with anything with which I'm familiar. Fever, headaches, sneezing, and foaming around the mouth when they expire. Truly awful. Worse, considering the spread of the disease, it must be easily transmitted. Best keep that bandanna handy, although you're of hardier stock than normal folk, so you may not have as much to worry about."

GM: Go ahead and roll me a D20

Last edited:

Forged Fury

First Post
As Vials spoke, Brue examined the notes and charts tacked to the wall. For the most part, they mirrored what the gnome said, although the woman noticed the notes didn't really focus much on the start or spread of the disease, but rather the effects of the disease on the body. Glancing at the charts of the dead and how many pages were tacked underneath it, she guessed several hundred people had already died.

GM: Character Sheet Update: Brue has a Intelligence of 12.

Last edited:

[section]Brue crossed the room and bent forward to examine Vials's charts. Something the gnome said caught her attention. "What were they in high spirits about?" She didn't look up from her examination of the chart, but listened with care.[/section]

Forged Fury

First Post
Vials pursed his lips. "I'm not sure, to be honest. Most likely simply from having finished work for the day. Woodcutting is a physical trade, I know I'd be in high spirits at the end of the day. Janelle would probably know for sure, if she remembers. By the next morning, they weren't feeling so high spirited, unfortunately."

[section]Brue nodded, making a mental note to ask Janelle about the woodsmen. She thought about the symptoms Vials described. He said fever, headaches, sneezing, and foaming around the mouth when they die. And it's easily transmitted. She wracked her brain, trying to think whether she'd seen anything similar in the past. The effort made her head throb. "Are the bodies contagious, too? Or just the living hosts?" Brue thought back to the ash-laden pit outside Vials's house. "Are you burning the bodies?"[/section]
OOC: Wisdom (Medicine) [roll0] to see whether Brue can identify the disease. It's a shot in the dark, I know. Thought I'd try out her Wisdom score.

Forged Fury

First Post
Brue drew a blank when Vials described the illness. Responding to her question, he said, "My preliminary experiments with rats showed that they seemed capable of contracting the illness from contact with a diseased corpse, although the chance was much higher when paired with a live subject. Because of that, we haven't taken any chances... even with the humanoid corpses."

The gnome frowned deeply and said passionately, "I'm almost out of rats too, so I haven't continued my tests, but I feel as if I was on the verge of a breakthrough. Damn that quarantine!"

GM: Roll a D20 please

Last edited:

[roll0]

[section]Brue cast a glance around the room. "Rats? You make rats sick? On purpose?" She hedged a bit, uncertain. "How have you avoided getting sick?"[/section]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases