[April 2015] What are you reading?

delericho

Legend
Once again, a new thread for a new month.

I'm currently about two-thirds of the way through "The Pagan Lord" by Bernard Cornwell, which is good as always. I don't think I've read a book from him that wasn't at least very good.

I'm also about 30 pages into the 5e PHB. Oddly, I'm not really enjoying it - I was very impressed with Basic and think Phandelver is perhaps the best D&D adventure WotC have put out ever, but the PHB itself somehow leaves me cold.

I learned this week that the next Pathfinder shipment has been delayed, so I'm not sure what I'll be reading next. Probably "A Prayer for Owen Meany", but that might well change.

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
I need a good book, preferably in paperback and/or available at the library. So that means a book from 2014 or earlier.

I'm open to suggestions! :D

Finishing up the latest Bauchelin & Korbal Broach novella from Steven Erickson. Got "Ready Player One" by Ernest Cline as a gift and so I will read that next. After that, I might ordre The Night Angel trilogy by Brent Weeks, the Inheritance trilogy by N. K. Jemisin or some Michael Shae.

Happy reading everyone!

Nellisir

Hero
Finished up The Six Wives of Henry VIII, currently reading Children of England: The Heirs of Henry VIII.

I have to say, I hadn't fully realized the mess Henry was, or the fact that he didn't actually execute all of his wives (I sort of knew this, but..sort of not. The Tudors are not a big part of American history education, ha ha.) Katherine of Aragorn was set aside (and was pissed about it); Anne Boleyn did lose her head; Jane Seymour died from complications of childbirth and was Henry's favorite and an all-around good person; Anne of Cleves was a political marriage and Henry found her so unattractive he never consumated the marriage and had it annulled after 6 months (she seems to have been a really nice person and basically lived a quiet life for quite awhile); Katherine Howard was young and not to bright and got her head cut off; and Katherine Parr was also quite nice and outlived Henry (albeit not by a lot).

Going to read Elizabeth I after this, and then jump forward in time a bit, or north to Scotland. Am on a history kick.

Remove ads