2x sheets parchment paper
Oven

Materials
9x Clear standard size multi-temperature glue sticks
2x Yellow mini Glue sticks
1x Green mini Glue stick
1x Black Mini Glue stick

Step 1.

Melt 3x Clear glue sticks with 1x colored glue stick inside one of the mini loaf aluminum pans a 425 degree oven for approx. 8 minutes. Note Yellow Ochre Jelly will require 2x colored glue sticks due to lighter color.

Step 2.

Carefully use the tongs to remove the hot pan from the oven and stir to evenly combine the colored glue sticks with the clear ones.

Step 3.

Return to oven and allow to reheat for approx 5 mins

Step 4.

Prep a room temperature cookie sheet by lining it with parchment paper. Next coat the parchement paper with a very light coat of cooking spray or any cooking oil. This will act as a release agent.

Step 5.

Using tongs remove the pan from oven and scoop the molten colored glue into blob shapes of your choosing.

Step 6.

Allow approx 10 minutes to cool before peeling off the parchment paper.

Step 7.

Use a cigarette lighter to clean up any wispy edges.

Step 8. Wash with soap and allow to air dry. Last spray with a high gloss varnish.

tgmoore

Explorer
I think next I will find a miniature to sacrifice to being consumed by one of these gooey monsters by pouring the molten glue directly onto a finished miniature.

Scorpio616

First Post
Neat idea. Here's another way of making hot glue slimes...

Hot glue gun
Hot glue
Safe place for securing hot glue gun
Bowl of ice water
Paint brush
Ink, food colouring or paint combined with Clear Acrylic gloss or white glue that will dry clear (elmers / school glue).
Base

Secure the glue gun and fully dry your hands between glue applications /dunkings

post-12161-0-49052300-1425328709_thumb.jpg

Here's the slime I made with this dunking hotglue into icewater technique (great tip I saw on the DM's Craft FB page), building up a wave. Used a lighter to melt down any wispy hotglue threads (one snuck by), then hotglued to a 1.5" base already prepped as cave floor. Slathered on a mix of yellow-orange food colouring and slow curing Delta Creative PermEnamel gloss.

post-12161-0-07976300-1425298253_thumb.jpg

Last edited:

Remove ads