Troll Lord Games & Necromancer Games Joint Announcement (TLG PR)

Troll Lord

First Post
TROLL LORD GAMES PRESS RELEASE
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Troll Lord Games
Phone: (501) 661-0449
Fax: (509) 272-3375
Email: troll@trolllord.com

Troll Lord Games/Necromancer Games Joint Announcement

LITTLE ROCK, AR __ March 11, 2003 __Troll Lord Games and Necromancer Games announced a joint publishing venture today. As of June, 2003 Troll Lord Games will begin publishing d20 system adventures and sourcebooks for Necromancer Games. This reflects an expansion of the existing Necromancer line published under the Sword and Sorcery Logo.

"This venture is a natural union born of similar publishing and gaming philosophies," remarked Stephen Chenault. "Combing our mutual experiences, from marketing to editing, benefits all parties concerned, from the retailer to the consumer."

This arrangement begins in June, 2003, with the adventure module, Vampires and Liches, TLG NGL2. A further product schedule will be announced at the GAMA trade show in March, 2003.

Important:The expansion of the Necromancer Games line does not, in any way, sever ties between Necromancer Games, White Wolf and the Sword & Sorcery Logo. Nor does this expansion of the Necromancer Games line tie Troll Lord Games to White Wolf or the Sword & Sorcery Logo. Necromancer Games products will be available through both Troll Lord Games and White Wolf. A full catalog of Necromancer products is available on both the Necromancer Games (www.necromancergames.com) and the Troll Lord Games websites (www.trolllord.com).

For more information contact Stephen Chenault at troll@trolllord.com or by phone at 501-661-0449.

About Troll Lord Games
Troll Lord Games debuted at Gencon 2000. Alongside it's hallmark d20 line and The Codex of Erde, TLG publishes the Gygaxian Fantasy World Series, Gary Gygax adventure modules and Fiend Games. For more information, visit our web site www.trolllord.com. Copyright 2001, Troll Lord Games.

About Necromancer Games
Necromancer Games entered the d20 market in 2001 with the award winning and best selling module Crucible of Freya. As a founding member of Sword and Sorcery Studios NG has published many varied adventures and source books including Necropolis by Gary Gygax and the Tome of Horros. NG is one of the premier d20 publishing companies in the market today. Visit their website at www.necromancergames.com.

"d20 System" and the d20 System logo are Trademarks owned by Wizards of the Coast and are used with permission.

Last edited:

Melan

Explorer
Let me be the first outsider to congratulate you! Go Trolls and go Necros! [AND... GET TREASURE MAPS AND LAIRS OUT, RUFFIANS! :D ]

Orcus

First Post
Necromancer Games, Inc.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Necromancer Games is Expanding!

March 11, 2003—Las Vegas, NV: Necromancer Games, Inc. has expanded and partnered with Troll Lord Games to bring more Necromancer Games products to the game table. As of June, 2003 Troll Lord Games will begin publishing d20 system adventures and sourcebooks for Necromancer Games.

“We just have so many products in our production schedule that we needed another outlet to get them to the gamers,” said Clark Peterson, President of Necromancer Games, Inc. “The guys at Troll Lord Games were the obvious choice. We share a similar vision and have the same love of adventures and ‘first edition feel.’ Besides, they are the only ones that can drink as much as Bill [Webb, co-owner of Necromancer Games] and I can,” Peterson said.

The partnership with Troll Lords has no effect on Necromancer Games remaining part of Sword & Sorcery Studios. “We are obviously still very much a part of Sword & Sorcery. This venture between Troll Lords and Necromancer Games is really just an extension of the friendships we have made with the guys at Troll Lord Games,” Peterson commented. “Think of it as Mick Jagger making a solo record. It doesn’t mean the Stones have broken up.”

Beginning in June with Vampires & Liches, the follow up to the critically acclaimed Demons & Devils, and continuing with the huge sourcebook and mini-campaign The Lost City of Barakus, Necromancer Games and Troll Lords plan to bring a series of adventures, both large and small, to the Third Edition Game—including an adventure by Gary Gygax! “We loved working with Gary on Necropolis and we just had to work with him again,” Peterson said. Upcoming Releases from Necromancer Games through Troll Lords include Howl of the Wolf, The Tower of Jhedophar, Blight from the Pits, The Ghosting of the Lady Quay, Vindication!, The Bonegarden and a number of other adventures and mini-campaigns.

Under the Sword & Sorcery banner, Necromancer Games continues to be hard at work bringing a number of products from the classic company Judges Guild to d20, including the Wilderlands of High Fantasy—complete with cover art by Frank Frazetta—as well as Caverns of Thracia and the City State of the Invincible Overlord. “We are also finalizing The Wurst of Grimtooth’s Traps for the new revised version of the Third Edition rules, which of course will be released through Sword & Sorcery.”

When questioned about concerns that people might misinterpret this expansion, Peterson stated, “We knew this might cause some confusion to distributors and fans and send rumors flying, but to Bill and I this was something fun for us to do with a company full of guys we really like that lets us bring more products to the fans. We can live with a few rumors.”

Look for a more detailed list of upcoming products at the GAMA trade show!

Questions from retailers, distributors or fans can be directed to Clark Peterson at clark@necromancergames.com.

Last edited:

ParadigmPrez

First Post
Congratulations Gentlmen,

Both your companies put out excellent products, so it can only be a win-win situation for both you and the players out there.

I hope to see you both at GTS.

Best,

Troll Lord

First Post
Thanks all around

Thanks Hal! Thanks Henry! We'll definately be hooking up at GAMA. Of course I need to add Arizona to my roster of "clubs-in-every-state" and Todd is resisting it, so we may be late. LOL

And Clark may actually stretch the truth a bit. Todd and Davis can swim with the best of them, I tend to pound away the Guiness too quick and too happy and end up in the ethereal plane! ;)

Thanks again, these are exciting times . . .

Steve
:cool:

Mystic Eye

First Post
Re: Thanks all around

Troll Lord said:
Thanks Hal! Thanks Henry! We'll definately be hooking up at GAMA. Of course I need to add Arizona to my roster of "clubs-in-every-state" and Todd is resisting it, so we may be late. LOL

And Clark may actually stretch the truth a bit. Todd and Davis can swim with the best of them, I tend to pound away the Guiness too quick and too happy and end up in the ethereal plane! ;)

Thanks again, these are exciting times . . .

Steve

Cool move guys, I look forward to seeing you all at GAMA so don't be too late now!

Troll Lord

First Post
Rollin, rollin, rollin...

Thanks Doug. You know, we have a spot in the truck, we can swing south and pick you up and cart your old carcass to Vegas! Fun and adventure on the Hoover Dam don't you know. ;)

Steve

MEG Hal

First Post
Re: Rollin, rollin, rollin...

Troll Lord said:
Thanks Doug. You know, we have a spot in the truck, we can swing south and pick you up and cart your old carcass to Vegas! Fun and adventure on the Hoover Dam don't you know. ;)

Steve

*Hopes Doug agrees, knowing he will never survive the troll attack and therefore Hal gets an instant promotion*

Remove ads