Kickstarter Idea for Minis - shoot me down

pogre

Legend
I have this idea for a kickstarter:

Have some of the top sculpting talent create a personality in three poses: standing/combat, riding, and prone. The kickstarter would begin with a half-dozen of the most iconic PC race/class combinations. The Kickstarter would add different mount choices as stretch goals and more PC personalities as add-ons. If you remember the old Ral Partha three-stage miniatures - it is a similar idea.

The miniatures would not be pre-painted - likely pewter. Although, we could provided a painted option as well.

Assuming the sculpts are quality, the price is moderately expensive (typical metal Reaper prices say),do you think this project would do well? I ask here because really the market would be RPG folks looking for a varied representation of their PC.

Looking forward to your thoughts - don't hesitate to be negative - better now than when I have a ton of time & money sunk in such a project!

tgmoore

Explorer
I assume these would be 28mm in scale?

What is reason for prone? It's an uncommon stance for miniatures other than mg crews.

Most characters will dismount for combat as in real life fighting from horseback is a specialized skill.

pogre

Legend
The prone figure would be on their back. Could represent prone/unconscious/dead.

You make a point on the riding pose - probably would get the least use in rpgs for me too.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases