More Lycanthropic Mayhem For DM's To Use and Abuse...

Krishnath

First Post
Yes, here are three more lycanthropes from little old me ;) With Character Information :eek:!!!

Lycanthrope

Lycanthropes are humanoids who can transform themselves to resemble normal animals or monsters.
Basic information about lycantrophes can be found in the MM.
"Lycanthrope" is a template that can be added to any humanoid creature, that creature referred to hereafter as the "character." The lycanthrope takes on the characteristics of some type of carnivorous animal or beast, referred to hereafter as the "animal."
The Monster Manual describes the most common form of lycanthropes (Bear, Boar, Rat, Tiger and Wolf), three more can be found in the Monster Compendium: Monsters of Faerûn (Bat, Crocodile and Shark). Three additional lycanthropes have been described by me in another document (cobra, griffon and serpent.) This entry describes three additional 'new' lycanthropes:

Wereraven - Dire Raven
Wererhino - Rhinoceros
Werespider - Large Monstrous Spider

Hit Dice: As character or animal, whichever produces the highest hit point total.
Speed: As character or animal, depending on which form the lycanthrope is using
AC: As character or animal form's natural armor +2, depending on which form the lycanthrope is using.
Attacks: As character or animal, depending on which form the lycanthrope is using.The wererhino also gets a secondary bite attack in animal form.
Damage: As character or animal, depending on which form the lycanthrope is using. Wererhino's bite attack deals 1d6+half the animals str modifier.
Special Attacks: As character or animal, depending on which form the lycanthrope is using (plus curse of lycanthropy in animal form.)
Lycanthropic Empaty: Lycanthropes can communicate and empathize with normal and dire animals of their types. This gives them a +4 bonus to influence the animals attitude (see Chapter 5 of the Dungeon Masters Guide) and allows the lycanthrope to communicate simple concepts and (if the animal is friendly) commands to the animal, such as "friend," "foe," "flee," or "attack."
Curse of Lycanthropy: Any humanoid injured by a lycanthrope but not actually killed has a chance to contract lycanthropy after the encounter is over. This chance equals 1% per point of damage dealt by the lycanthropes natural attacks; if several lycanthropes of the same type injure the character, add the chances together. Damage from different types of lycanthropes must be tracked seperately. A character killed by a lycanthrope and then raised or resurrected has a 100% chance of contracting lycanthropy.
Special Qualities: All lycanthropes gain the following special qualities.
Alternate Form (Su): All lycanthropes can shift into animal form. Changing to or from animal form is a full round action. Upon assuming animal form, the lycanthrope regains hit points as if having rested for a day. If slain, the lycanthrope creature reverts to it's humanoid form, though it remains dead. A part of the body that is seperated from the whole retains its animal form, however. This shapeshifting ability can be hard for some lycanthropes to control.
Damage Reduction (Su): A lycanthrope in animal form gains damage reduction 15/silver.
The wereraven keeps it's disease resistance special quality even in humanoid form.
Saves: As character or animal, whichever is better; lycanthropes gain a +2 bonus on Fortitude and Will saves.
Abilities: A lycanthrope in humanoid form recieves a +2 bonus to Intelligence and Wisdom, due to its animal cunning. In animal form a lycanthropes ability adjustments vary by type, as follows:
Wereraven: Str +0, Dex +6, Con +2,
Wererhino: Str +16, Dex +0, Con +10,
Werespider: Str +4, Dex +6 Con +2,
Skills: All lycanthropes gain a +4 bonus to listen and spot checks no matter what their forms. Lycanthropes in animal form gain the same skills as normal animals of their type in addition to any skill they have in their humanoid forms. If a lycanthrope has a skill in both its humanoid and animal forms, use the better score.
Feats: As character. Lycanthropes can learn the improved shape control feat (see the Monster Manual page 218). When in animal form, the lycanthrope gains any feats an animal of it's type has. Lycanthropes in animal form have additional feats by type:
Wereraven: Flyby Attack, Multi-attack, Weapon Finesse (claw, bite)
Wererhino: Power Attack, Improved Bull Rush, Thoughness,
Werespider: Improved Initiative, Weapon Finesse (Bite), Skill Focus (Move Silently)
Climate/Terrain: As character or animal
Organization:
Wereraven: Solitary, pair, family (2-4), pack (6-10), or troupe (family or pack plus related animals)
Wererhino: Solitary, pair or family (2-4)
Werespider: Solitary or family (2-4)
Challenge Rating: Same as the animal +2
Treasure: Standard
Alignment:
Wereraven: Usually chaotic good
Wererhino: Usually chaotic neutral.
Werespider: Usually chaotic evil.
Advancement: By character class
ECL:
Wereraven +2
Wererhino +4 Character must have at least 8HD
Werespider +4 character must have at least 4HD

Lycanthropic Characters:
A wereraven's favored class is ranger and most wereraven leaders are rangers or ranger/druids. Wereraven clerics usually worship a nature diety such as Ehlonna or Obad-Hai. Many wereravens come from halfling or gnome stock.
A wererhinos favored class is barbarian and many wererhino leaders are barbarians or barbarian/sorcerers. Wererhino clerics usually worship deities of strength or war, such as Kord. Many wererhinos come from human, orc, or halforc stock.
A werespiders favored class is rogue and most werespider leaders are rogue/assassins. Werespider clerics usually worship a god of spiders (such as Lolth) or stealth (such as Olidammara).
Most werespiders are of drow stock, givin a good indication of where they originated.

Remember to check out the Dire Raven Thread for the stats and abilities of the Wereravens animal form.

Later,

rankarrog

First Post
Krishnath said:

Remember to check out the Dire Raven Thread for the stats and abilities of the Wereravens animal form.

Later,

Where do I find the dire raven (the search function is disabled and I don't find it currently)

psychognome

First Post
Great work!

I especially like the wereraven! So, you went and took my advice and gave 'em the eye pluckin' ability... LOL! And seeing the alignment for werespiders, I couldn't help but to think about a drow werespider... nasty, creepy crawlers! :D

psychognome

First Post
Krishnath said:
Psychognome: Read the last line of lycanthropic characters...

:eek: Wow man, you read my mind... that's awesome dude!
Now I only need to make a female drow werespider cleric of Lolth... using the Spider domain from FRCS, she'll be able to gather quite a bunch of creepy crawlers as her servants! :D

Krishnath

First Post
And with her +2 bonus to Wis, she'll be able to cast even more spells...Remember to use FR style Drow, and giving her the Spellcasting Prodigy Feat. ;) And if you want to make here even nastier, give her 6 levels of the Contempative prestige class (from Defenders of the Faith™) for two additional domains :D

psychognome

First Post
Krishnath said:
And with her +2 bonus to Wis, she'll be able to cast even more spells...Remember to use FR style Drow, and giving her the Spellcasting Prodigy Feat. ;) And if you want to make here even nastier, give her 6 levels of the Contempative prestige class (from Defenders of the Faith™) for two additional domains :D

Er... hate to break it to ya, but Drow don't get +2 Wis. They do get +2 Dex, -2 Con, +2 Int and +2 Cha, from what I remember. But hey, they still get a bonus to their Charisma, and the rebuke spiders ability of the Spider domain is based on Charisma. Whee!
Another thing I noticed: you said that a Wereraven's favoured class is ranger. In my opinion templates shouldn't change a characters favoured class, but it could propably affect a character's class selection. That's just me...

Krishnath

First Post
I know that drow do not get +2 to wis, but all lycanthropes do! And the favoured class bit is optional ;) mostly for DM's to use as a limiting tool for munchkin PC's.

Remove ads