Immortal's Handbook continuation thread continuation

Hi Anubis mate! :)

Anubis said:
Actually, I have house-ruled the standard save bonus feats (Great Fortitude, Lightning Reflexes, Iron Will) to give +4, and have added a new feat that gives +1 to all saves. (The reason is the same as the reasoning behind +5 for Skill Focus with +2 to two skills for other feats.)

Where does that put everything?

Well didn't it seem strange to you that you were allowing the standard save bonus feats to exceed the feat that gives +1 to all saves, when if anything they should be equal or less (I advocate equal myself)?

Anubis said:
No it's not. The Luck Bonus costs are for a single modifier. For Luck Bonus to attack +2, it costs 2^2*2500, and so on and so forth. To add a Luck Bonus to multiple things, you must double the costs as per the DMG. It's all right there in both the DMG and T&B.

Thats exactly what I thought, but it doesn't make any sense in a magic item.

A Luck bonus (in an item) to anything but Armour Class is no worse or better than any other bonus. A luck bonus to Armour Class (in an item) is as good as a deflection bonus, but no better.

Hi Clay_More mate! :)

Clay_More said:
Im especially interested in the Undead deities part, my current campaign is life vs. death oriented (which is why I had to make a Vampire & Lich Template).

I have a very interesting vampire character in the IH, but you will have to wait until the fourth section to see him. :p

Clay_More said:
Also, any weapon qualities which are of definite "Undead" character (as opposed to merely evil)?

Yes. ;)

Clay_More said:
One thing I was wondering, now that you seem to be getting so deeply involved in both deities and weapon qualities (something I was thinking myself at times). Have you made any way in which weapon qualities can be "tied" to certain gods?
(I.e. that the clerics of certain gods, for example, might have benefits for creating certain weapon qualities or even have unique qualities for their gods?).

I have this sort of thing for gods; portfolios enhance certain properties etc. But I currently don't have any generic pattern for clerics in this regard. If I go beyond domain powers it might be too great a boon for mortals?

Clay_More said:
Anyways, I dont know I should re-post the last questions in the Vampire thread here as well......

Its your thread... ;)

Eldorian

First Post
Well the idea of splitting the thread was to get people that were uninterested in the Immortals handbook to become aware of the nifty new CR system in it, and get you more sales, but hey, if you want to talk about both topics here... =)

As for the continuation thread, what, are only moderators supposed to be able to say, hey this thread is too frigen long? Seems like too much work for them, when we members can do it ourselves, ya know?

Anyways, no one as responded to anything I wrote, ie, anubis, so i'm outie

Eldorian Antar

Hi Eldorian mate! :)

Eldorian said:
Well the idea of splitting the thread was to get people that were uninterested in the Immortals handbook to become aware of the nifty new CR system in it, and get you more sales, but hey, if you want to talk about both topics here... =)

They can always wallow in ignorance of course. :p

I would rather start my own CR/EL thread under the auspices of the finished and available free pdf.

Eldorian said:
As for the continuation thread, what, are only moderators supposed to be able to say, hey this thread is too frigen long? Seems like too much work for them, when we members can do it ourselves, ya know?

Next time, ask first though. ;)

Eldorian said:
Anyways, no one as responded to anything I wrote, ie, anubis, so i'm outie

I had hoped we had resolved that matter but I stand ever vigilant.

Dark Wolf 97

First Post
Originally posted by Upper Krust
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Are you Dark Wolf 98 now I wonder?

Thanks. :D

I suppose I could change it to Dark Wolf 18, but that doesn't have the same ring to it. :cool:

Anyway, I'll be gone for the weekend for a bit 'o celebration. So
see you guys later.

Last edited:

Hiya mate! :)

Dark Wolf 97 said:

Anytime mate! :)

Dark Wolf 97 said:
I suppose I could change it to Dark Wolf 18, but that doesn't have the same ring to it. :cool:

True. I don't know what the preceeding 96 were thinking! :rolleyes:

Dark Wolf 97 said:
Anyway, I'll be gone for the weekend for a bit 'o celebration. So see you guys later.

Have a good one mate! *raises glass to friend* :)

poilbrun

Explorer
Dark Wolf 97 said:

Thanks. :D

Anyway, I'll be gone for the weekend for a bit 'o celebration. So
see you guys later.
Happy birthday and have fun! Cheers! :D

Remove ads