I wrote a (really) modular roleplaying game. AMA

Status
Not open for further replies.

GMMichael

Guide of Modos
A modular, open-source roleplaying game is what you get when you ask an accountant to write a roleplaying game. I'm an amateur, so my game was funded by love of gaming and medieval fantasy. I like to call it "our" game though, because literally everyone who reaches out to me has a voice in future revisions, and if your change doesn't make it into print, you can print it yourself and just call it a "module."

Ask me anything!

Last edited:

delericho

Legend
What's the single best piece of GM's advice you've ever been given?

What's the single best RPG supplement you've read/used?

GMMichael

Guide of Modos
What's the single best piece of GM's advice you've ever been given?
Don't look it up. Which is to say if something questionable comes up regarding rules and you're in the middle of a fast-paced scene, don't open up a rulebook and grind everything to a halt. Just make a call and keep it going. Not sure who told me that, but it's fair to say that everything I know about GMing, I've learned from someone else.
What's the single best RPG supplement you've read/used?
The wild magic table from Tome of Magic 2e was pretty fun, but the Complete Book of Villains was probably the best. It covers everything from having a villain (or an alternative type of antagonist), to fleshing out the villains network, to plotting adventures. Lots of great advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases