[OOC] Pulp Cthulhu: The Lost Temple of Yig

VorpalBunny

Explorer
Doc Savage, Indiana Jones, The Shadow. Action-packed stories of square-jawed, two-fisted heroes leaping into swarms of ungodly horrors to save the beautiful heroine.

If this sounds good to you, I’m recruiting 4-6 players for a d20 Call of Cthulhu game set in this type of action-packed, free-wheeling setting. I’ll be using the d20 Call of Cthulhu rules, so they’ll be needed for play. Characters start at 3rd-level and will be generated using a 30-point attribute buy. All professions are open, but the most appropriate are those suited to travel and exploration. Investigators will begin play as a member of the Arkham, Massachusetts chapter of The Vanguard Club in May, 1933 (more on The Vanguard Club below ;)).

This is a relatively short, but exciting adventure. Even though this game will be a lot more “heroic” and action-oriented than the typical Call of Cthulhu game, character death and/or insanity is still very possible - maybe even more so.

If you’re interested just post here to let me know and start making a character! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Last edited:

VorpalBunny

Explorer
The Vanguard Club

This organization was created in the 1920’s by a group of daredevils, scientists, and adventurers. Its sole purpose is to explore the unknown and thus expand Man’s knowledge of the world and his place in it. As a secondary purpose, the Club investigates the supernatural and either debunks hoaxes or reports back about real phenomena – the members want to make sure they know about whatever dangers exist, so that they can prepare to face them if necessary.

The Vanguard Club doesn’t have much in the way of resources, although it does rent or own a building in most major American cities. Its members generally pay their own way on excursions – and it’s more a way to meet and coordinate than a structured organization. Members contact each other, either through regular meetings or by mail or phone, and propose excursions – anyone who is interested joins the team, and a starting time and location are set. The club does have an archive, and keeps records of its member’s trips and also of anything it thinks might be worth investigating.

VorpalBunny

Explorer
Great! That's three so far. :)

BTW, when you guys make your characters make sure to use the variant defense bonus rule.

Last edited:

Mirth

Explorer
I would really love to join this game, but alas I don't have the CoC book. I don't suppose there's any way I could get onboard without it?

mistergone

First Post
D'oh! Late again for yet another game start-up. Well, I'd love to play, but I'm in the same barrel with mirthcard: I have no rulebook. Any way to get around that?:(

VorpalBunny

Explorer
I kinda prefer the players to have the book. But, I'll wait until Monday to see if there's anymore interest. If no one else jumps in you guys are in.

Remove ads