I command...

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Too bad. In related news, for you fans of Epicness, I have discovered the following things:

Epic level characters using Solars are nigh undefeatable.

Epic level character Solars with 64 point buy, 10 class levels and a wealth of stuff, are just sicker than anything.

Epic level character Solars stuck in Oathbound can beat up most anything save the Feathered Foul, and that's ONLY because they are smart players. (They like their freedom.)

Epic level character Solars are also good at instituting changes for the betterment of all, as they tend to set up a former prostitute changed by powerful magics into a half celestial sorcereress of great power, beauty and intelligence, and also ridded the City of Penance of most of the above ground evils.

tburdett

Explorer
If you think that's bad, consider this. When we first started with 3rd edition the previous DM told us that CR was equivilent to character level. He assured us that he knew the rules.

He wanted to let us try out using creatures as characters and told us to pick something that was 20th level total (CR + character levels). He had always wanted to do this because he thought it would be interesting and fun. He assured us that he had spent weeks working on a campaign and that everything was ready.

I flipped through the MM and immediately selected the Solar. Seeing that they were creatures of law and good I added 1 level of Paladin to bring it up to 20 levels. The DM looked a little worried when he reviewed my character at the start of the session. After asking me a few questions about my magic equipment he went back and looked at his campaign notes for a bit. He looked uncertain. He looked concerned.

About 30 minutes into the game, and about 2 rounds into the first combat, we realized that he had made a serious error. A group of Pit Fiends should be able to do more than fall over and die when attacked, right?

We stopped, threw the characters away, and spent the rest of that first night creating 1st level characters.

Last edited:

tburdett

Explorer
You know, first somebody calls me silly (another thread), and now I'm somebody's puppet. I'm not sure that I like where this is headed. :)

Remove ads