Of note:

FOX renewals: Gotham, Last Man on Earth, Sleepy Hollow
FOX undecided: Bones

CBS renewals: Big Bang Theory
CBS undecided (but unlikely): Elementary

NBC undecided (but unlikely): Constantine

CD renewals: Arrow, The Flash, Supernatural, The Vampire Diaries
CD undecided: iZombie

ABC undecided: Agent Carter, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
ABC undecided (but unlikely): Forever, Resurrection

Lots more on the list. These selections are biased towards genre, and towards my shows of interest.

Thx!

TomB

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Elementary unlikely? - I haven't seen season 3 but was it really so terrible as to warrant cancellation? thats unfortunate:(.

I'd like to see another series of Agent Carter, the setting is refreshing and it would be interesting to see where Carter could go next in the development of SHIELD/HYDRA...

tomBitonti

Adventurer
Elementary unlikely? - I haven't seen season 3 but was it really so terrible as to warrant cancellation? thats unfortunate:(.

I'd like to see another series of Agent Carter, the setting is refreshing and it would be interesting to see where Carter could go next in the development of SHIELD/HYDRA...

I too would like to see more Agent Carter (and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.).

I found myself half agreeing with the comments re: Elementary. The audience has dropped, and a couple of the episodes felt very weak. On the other hand, I thought the addition of Kitty for several episodes was fine, and I imagine that sets up later character development. The presenter thought the addition of Kitty was a disaster. The biggest problem, to me, was a couple of episodes that didn't have enough crime drama, or that didn't have clever skill use to solve the crime. I guess, that weren't "Sherlocky" enough.

Thx!

TomB

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
I'm surprised to see Agent Carter and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. not auto-renewed. I've enjoyed both Elementary and Forever and would be sad to see them get cancelled.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I watch 3 of the shows you helpfully listed: Last Man on Earth, Flash, and Constantine. Of those, I'd most miss Constantine, with Flash a close second. I'm considering not following LMoE much longer.

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Especially since the rumor is that they plan a spinoff. Who does a spinoff of a show that doesn't get to 3 seasons?

I was just thinking because of the quality and tie-ins with movies but what you point out might be an even more compelling point.

Ryujin

Legend
Especially since the rumor is that they plan a spinoff. Who does a spinoff of a show that doesn't get to 3 seasons?

A spinoff that they apparently just announced is going to star Adrianne Palicki and Nick Blood, according to an online news bit I saw today.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
A spinoff that they apparently just announced is going to star Adrianne Palicki and Nick Blood, according to an online news bit I saw today.

I could see that as a good replacement for Agents of SHEILD especially if Palicki makes it to the Movie line up too, then of course they use the TV vehicle to set up a whole lot of the future movies (especially if the rumoured focus of that show is correct).
Marvel cinematic Universe shows are a bit different to normal TV since everything is a spin off of the movies rather than sparking from each other

Jhaelen

First Post
Most of the 'Superhero' shows are okay, but not great, i.e. Arrow, The Flash, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Gotham. If any of them was cancelled, I'd just shrug and move on.
Likewise I kind of enjoy Elementary and Unforgettable. Again, these are okay, but not great.

There's a bunch of really bad, mostly 'supernatural-themed' shows that are renewed, though: Supernatural (sic!), Grimm, Sleepy Hollow. Not 'supernatural' but also pretty bad: Blacklist, Blue Bloods, and a ton of three-letter acronym shows & spin-offs. I'd not be sad to see The Following get cancelled - I already lost interest during the first season.

Remove ads