D&D 5E Princes of the Apocalypse campaign recaps

Wormwood

Adventurer
Using the notes on the Red Larch Surroundings map ("spire 10 miles " and "Scarlet moon Hall 20 miles") I've changed the campaign map to 4 miles per hex rather than 10. Makes much more sense.

designbot

Explorer
Using the notes on the Red Larch Surroundings map ("spire 10 miles " and "Scarlet moon Hall 20 miles") I've changed the campaign map to 4 miles per hex rather than 10. Makes much more sense.

That also makes it line up better with the map from Lost Mine of Phandelver. There's a lot of evidence that the scale was changed midway through the adventure design. Christopher Perkins implied that they decided to rescale the Forgotten Realms to correspond better with earlier editions.

Nebulous

Legend
Crap, i had to cancel our game last night and we can't make up the session Thursday, so we're missing an update this week, and i had Feathergale Spire all ready to go with full maps of the tower.

CkPqUe3.jpg

Last edited:

Uller

Adventurer
Haha...my group made their way into the Sacred Stone Monastery last night. They went there on the advice of the occupants of Rivergard Keep (who they assumed are pirates/bandits). Our monk player was having second thoughts about taking the word of pirates (that later tried to attack them in the night) but they went into the monastery with...shall we say...extreme prejudice....into the kitchen. The paladin scored two crits on one of the kitchen workers in his opening attack. The warlock blasted one with Agonizing Blast. The Monk PC moved in and cornered one that had been mixing up dough to make bread for the morning meal. She asked "do they seem to be fighting back". Me: "Well he is brandishing a large wooden spoon and appears to mean to do you harm with it."

Nebulous

Legend
One player queued Kenny Loggins Top Gun "Danger Zone" at the end of the wyrm chase, which sounds silly but it was actually cool. In a very limited short burst :)

Rabbitbait

Adventurer
That was a brilliant session and an excellent write up. Well done.

Also interesting to see how different and similar to my session it was, both at the same time.

Remove ads