Syrinscape

scrubkai

Explorer
5 out of 5 rating for Syrinscape

Honestly, I'm not a huge one for electronic tools at my table. I find most things distract from the gameplay and role playing around the table. However Syrinscape is my one major exception. I absolutely love this tool.Syrinscape is a soundboard app that enhances every one of my game sessions. It allows me to both put up an unobtrusive background sound scape for whatever scene I'm working with, and have specific one shots hounds to punctuate the important moments in the game. Right on my iPad. For example if you are in a village marketplace, you can touch one button to set up an endless soundscape of background village sounds to set the mood. This can include carts, animals, venders selling their wears,, people talking and maybe a traveling minstrel that plays every once in a while. Unlike most audio programs this is not just one endless loop track on repeat, each of those individual sounds is controlled individually. So if you don't want the minstrel to play, just turn off (or down) that set of sounds and save this new configuration as a preset. Then next time you are in town you can switch between having minstrels and not having them with the touch of a button.There are well over 50 different preset up soundscapes that syrinscape sells in both the sci-if and fantasy genres.Fantasy includes such common environments as: town, taverns, ships, forests (spooky and safe), dungeons, caves, frozen tundra, haunted houses and battles with a bunch of common monsters (goblins, dragons, gouls, Giants, etc.)Sci-if includes your standard shipboard, future city and alien ship sounds as well as another set of standard battle sounds (boasters, mech, sand worms, aliens, etc).These lists are growing with new releases every month, so I would suggest you look at the website for a full list.Each soundscape can either be individually purchased for a few dollars, or obtained as part of a monthly subscription (in which case you get all the soundsets for as long as you subscribe.Multiple players in my group have told me that the sounds are great addition to the game. They set the mood but are not intrusive, unless I specifically trigger a special one shot sound to punctuate a major event (such as a dragon screech to surprise the party)I also love the fact that you can simply click one button and kick off the sounds and i often don't have to mess with it again until the scene changes. Much easier then fiddling with play lists or sound files on my computer.The sounds are best heard through a surround sound system, but I find that simply using a Bluetooth speaker and my iPad works quite well for games not at my home.Overall this is a great tool that I consider my one must have electronic tool.

Talley Darkstar

First Post

Seeing a friend try to add in sounds and ambiance was/is painful. Having a product like this has made adding detail to the game much less painful to watch. Hook it up into speakers or play it from a laptop or tablet makes that much easier to get the players immersed in the game. Love it.

Rifter

First Post

I really enjoy Syrinscape. I've backed several products on Kickstarter, and the universal problem is the interface. Syrinscape has a wonderful interface. It is easy to subscribe or purchase sounds packs as you go along.

Dexamalion

Explorer

Syrinscape has enhanced my D&D sessions immeasurably. Either from crafting my own soundscapes to activating one of the pre-made systems the system is easy to set up and use. The pre-crafted soundscapes are beautifully put together, everything from a rowdy tavern to a frost giant fight is all available at the click of a button. Each sound has an intensity slider so you can dictate how often that sound plays and to what effect. You can try the base soundscapes out for free and then pay month to month for the time you use it. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED (in case the 5 star rating did not put that across) :)

J0h0

First Post

I've been using Syrinscape for a couple of years now. There is now a pretty massive library of soundsets, and it's still growing! Love the way this app adds so much to the gaming experience without being cumbersome or distracting. Once you start using it in your games, gaming without it feels strangely flat and lifeless. I especially love the sci-fi soundsets.

grnwoodtree

First Post

As a fresh DM for D&D, and someone with a background in theatre, this appeals so much. I have been playing with it for 2 hours straight, and I adore it. Subscribe! What a deal!!

kiligir

First Post

There are apps a-plenty out there for tabletop RPGs. Some help you manage characters. Some help you manage combats. Some just don't work. Some are absolutely terrible. And then there's Syrinscape, the only app you never knew you needed. Play one game with this thing and you're hooked. There's nothing on it that doesn't just -work-. I won't bother writing a list of all the pros here, I'm sure you're going to google the app anyway. Just let me say this: give it a shot. It'll change the way you game.

marroon69

Explorer

I first saw this about 2 years ago and I have been using it ever since. It is amazing how a little ambient sound or music can really help set the mood. The tool it self is easy to use and easy to configure how you want it to be, personally I am a minimalist when it comes to table sounds. So I tend to create my own presets (I think that is what they are called) or just select and adjust things on the fly. Tool it self works with sound sets, groups of like sounds example "Bugbear Battle" is one of the free sound packs, Each sound set comes with a set of preset sound groupings, basically it will set up all the sounds at the right level for the given scene. but you can go and select the sounds individual. Plus Benjamin Loomes provides amazing support. If you have not you really should go check this out...the two free sounds "Bugbear battle" and "Witchwood" are amazing useful.

mistamichal

First Post

What else is there to say. I love this! It provides a great atmosphere to the gaming session. The Rise of the Runelords soundsets are brilliant! I'd give this 6 stars, if I could!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases