Emerald's PbP game

Manzanita

First Post
Reinert

"Yes, die you big insect...er...whatever you are."

At this point, I believe there's only one scorpion left. Reinert will drop his bow, and pull out his sword and shield in preparation for a hand to hand assault.

MerakSpielman

First Post
(Nope. Two left. She forgot to mention how many there were at any given point, but in round 1, one scorp died and 3 attacked the horses. 1 more has died since then, leaving 2)

Kaltide grabs another spear and throws it at the most injured scorpion.

Emerald

First Post
Round Three:

Cattivo: You shoot an arrow at one of the scorpians and miss.

Cid: You move back 15 feet from the scorpians.

Kaltide: Your badger attacks the scorpian criticaling it with a claw for 2 pts, and bites it for 1 pt. The badger disappears. You throw a spear at the other scorpian hitting for 7 pts killing it.

Jarrad: You attack the scorpian hitting it for 5 pts, killing it.

End Combat

Emerald

First Post
XP:
300 each

Campaign total: 3000 XP

You are all level 3 now, please update the rogue's gallery entrys as soon as possible.

Treasure:
100 gp
1 black pearl (worth 500 gp)

Manzanita

First Post
Reinert

"Well done, team. You're quite a shot with those spears, Kaltide." Then more softly, in an aside to Cattivo, "You might want to work on that marksmanship a bit, Helfy. I'll give you some pointers if you like."

Reinert will cut off the stingers from each of the scorpions. "Thank Ra/Pelor we got some cash here. The roads around here sure are dangerous. Perhaps someone has a reward out for these critters too. Maybe you could add a line in your epic about V'skar raising these little suckers too, Helfy."

Krug

Newshound
Jarrad wipes his sword on some nearby foliage to get rid of the scorpion ooze. "I wonder if someone sent them..." he thinks.

MerakSpielman

First Post
Later that evening, as the party camps for the night, Kaltide lets out a yelp of excitement.

"I've had a breakthrough! I think I've figured out some of the more advanced spells in this book" He holds up his family spellbook, "Let me see, let me see... Yes, I understand this new formula now! Let me see if I can make out exactly what these spells do..."

OOC: I'll post Kaltides new stats later tonight

Manzanita

First Post
As Kaltide studies his books, Reinert sneaks a jug of his special ale out of the cart and sidles over the him by the fire.

"Kaltide, these new spells of yours are a cause for celebration. It's great that you joined us. You've been a big help. I almost wish you'd been on that island w/us. But of course, I wouldn't wish the slave boat experience on you. Now that you know all Richard's spells, you can take him, and the rest of us can nail V'skar."

Reinert then takes a big swig from the jug, raising it up over his head. He then sets it down, wipes his mouth with the back of his hairy hand, burps, and hands it to Jarred. (or whomever will take it).

"And to think, without us, you'd still be fishing."

Creamsteak

Explorer
Cid thinks to himself, "It seems to me that everyone here has advanced a bit. Good for them." He then ponders with his quarterstaff near his chin, thinking about his own memories of the past, especially that which was his life before being enslaved.

He then ponders out loud, wondering if anyone is listening, "You know, at one time I was being trained to become a church inquisitor. It was during my first real mission, as an aid to a particularly brash young Paladin, that I was captured and turned over to the slavers. I was, at the time, responsible for simply overseeing, recording, and possibly protecting the mission. We were to detain the slavers, because they had been practicing againt the church, but we were sent into an ambush. It was quite the storm that night... I wonder if it will ever storm like that again..."

Last edited:

Capellan

Explorer
Cativo wraps himself in a dark cloak, well away from the fire, and occupies himself by writing funeral odes for each of his companions.

OOC: I'll have to put of updating my character sheet until get back home from holidays, but will do so then.

Remove ads