Emerald's PbP game

MerakSpielman

First Post
"Assuming Richard is traveling by land, I think we should hire a boat or ship to take us to the coast due south-east of this island. Since travel by sea is faster, we'll get there first. We can find a good spot for an ambush and take him by surprise."

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
Reinert

"Ugh. The first time I was on a boat, I was stuck in a slaver galley and shipwrecked. The second time, I ended up on this screwy island. I think you just want to go see your magical fish familiar. Richard probably isn't heading straight out of town. Perhaps if we just hurry, we could set up an ambush. But what if he's traveling in a coach or something. How will we know when he comes?"

Capellan

Explorer
"I agree with Kaltide. A boat is our best way to get ahead of Richard. And if we kept it close at hand, we might be able to use it to get back, as well, and return in time for V'Skar's meeting." Cattivo plainly finds Reinert's discomforture over boats amusing, "I don't believe he'll use a carriage. Too public. But if he does, we'll just have to find a way to waylay him once he's by himself."

Manzanita

First Post
Reinert

"Boats. I hate boats. Next thing you know, we'll be flying on a griffin or something.... Kaltide had better be a better navigator than Cid..."

Creamsteak

Explorer
"We can never truly be lost with Ra-Pelor on our side. We only thought we were lost at sea, that is all." Cid boasts pridefully, then returns to his scrollwork.

"I'll be ready to leave at the drop of a giant's fleas..."

Emerald

First Post
The consensus seems to be that you all want to go after Richard. So after a little gather information and recon you are able to deduce that he is leaving in a couple of hours with a merchants caravan. The roster of the caravan is:

A merchant couple and thier 2 daughters
Two brothers in their early twenties.
A mother and daughter
Richard
6 gaurds

Make your plans!

Manzanita

First Post
Reinert

"Hey, if we got a couple hours, we don't need to take the boat. Let's move up the trail aways, find a good ambush spot, and take them. You guys can sleep the guards, can't you, or take them down painlessly. I am a little concerned we'll be branded outlaws, though. Perhaps we should wait and try to catch Richard alone."

MerakSpielman

First Post
"Reinert, I'm not so certain I want to begin the life of a brigand. If I'm captured or arrested, my family's secret will be revealed. Also, we have no way of knowing how tough the guards are." (OOCmeta: surely the DM wouldn't make guards be tougher than we could handle, right? Maybe, but Kaltide is quite worried anyway.) "Also, we have no way of knowing if the caravaneers are innocents or comrads of Richard. If they're innocents, we would be putting their lives in danger. If they're comrads, perhaps more necromancers, we'll be in over our heads.

"I'm leaning towards ignoring the caravan completely, and heading straight to Serwil. If we have money, let's hire a fast ship or some fast horses to increase our lead time. Maybe we can eliminate this elf Erantur before Richard gets a chance to meet him, and lay our trap for a time when Richard will be alone."

Creamsteak

Explorer
(OOCmeta: Merak just guaranteed that the guards we are going to fight will now be 4 levels higher than us in order to prove a point... :))

"I will deal with the non-combatants, if you all can draw Richard away, or at least move anything blocking your path, I can handle the less dangerous duties. I will need to be there for any true confrontation, however, so expect my aid in that. Hopefully we can resolve this without the loss of any innocents."

Cid certainly hopes, at least, that none are willing to harm a priest... even one in armor.

MerakSpielman

First Post
"Draw him away? Hm... That would be easier if he wouldn't recognize us all on sight... I'm having trouble thinking of something that would attract his attention, but not that of the guards. Screams for help? No. He wouldn't care anyway. Mocking him from a distance? No.

"My best idea is to have an unexpected messanger arrive with new instructions from Councelman Tervina. While he stops and talks with the messanger, the rest of us could jump him. Hopefully the caravan would keep going during the conversation and not notice the ambush.

"But that idea sounds too risky to me, too. What would get a necromancer's attention but nobody elses? Could we go on ahead of the caravan and find somebody willing to tell tall tales for money. They could beg the caravan for help with a horde of undead attacking their villiage. This would attract Richard's attention, maybe, but the guards might want to stick to their posts at the caravan and not get involved.

"What do you all think? Any other 'distract Richard' ideas?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases