PF [LPF] The Sea Sprite - Page 2
Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 356
  1. #11
    Tamarie the Songweaver
    Graciously accepting the advance on her pay, Tamarie slips the coin purse into her messenger's bag without much production. After Shem makes his exit to take care of things on his end, and others have been given the chance to speak, she offers the following, "I am Tamarie. Or, more formally, Tamarie Lyssa Genaux of Illi Esse. Lovely to meet you all. I am a magical singer, or a musical spellcaster, as you prefer. I am capable of offensive magic, blessing, and a little healing... for those the gods favor." With that, Tamarie looks over her compatriots a moment before continuing, her amber eyes having an almost penetrating quality.

    Continuing to speak to the group, although addressing Qalabash particularly, Tamarie adds, "Good that you should mention that, Mr Baram, is it? Anyway, I have training in the use of magical devices," she begins, fetching two things from the top of her bag--a wand and a book entitled Wand Basics 101. Concentrating a moment and speaking some sort of bizarre magical word, she seems to notably weaken, gasping. "Well, that was every bit as unpleasant as promised..." she picks up in a very soft tone, before continuing in her normal voice. "This little book is good for helping remember all the ins and outs of unfamiliar magical devices, such as," she flips through the smallish book until she finds the entry she needs, "healing wands. Here we go."

    With a flip of the wrist and a gentle reverse motion, Tamarie speaks the command word of the magical wand, and the healing power flows through her body, taking away much of the draining she had experienced before. She quietly folds the wand into the book at that page and puts the two items back into her messenger's bag together.

    The oddish looking half elf finally concludes, "I also carry a healing potion for myself if anyone needs to administer it to me in a time of emergency. It's good in case I'm the only one who can use a healing wand."

    OOC ability use
    Tamarie is activating her Shawl of Life Keeping to funnel 4 HP from herself to the shawl. She then retrieves her book and her wand, takes 10 on Use Magic Device, casts the wand to replenish 3 of her HP. Then, laying the wand on the page about healing wands (close to the spine) and closing the book, she puts the book and the wand back into her Handy Harversack with the wand trapped within, effectively one assembly for retrieval purposes.

    One thing I'm not clear on at all, despite my time here, is how to use the built in die roller. If you don't mind I'll roll the effect of the wand with Coyotecode, but is there anywhere that describes how to use the built in? I'll get on the correct roller ASAP.

    BTW, what the Shawl does, in short form, is provide triggered healing. Once per day, up to 10 hp can be transferred from the wearer to the Shawl. If the wearer goes unconscious, however much was transferred is received as instant healing.

    Tamarie using 1st charge of CLW wand on herself: 1D8+1 = [2]+1 = 3

    Glass Eye
    My IC drug out far more than I wanted to as is, but a little wand sharing might be good. Shield would be great. Can talk later.

    Tamarie Mini Stats
    Tamarie
    AC: 12 (10 flat-footed, 12 touch)
    HP: 16/17
    Shawl of Life Keeping: 4 stored HP
    CMB: +1 CMD: 13


    Fort: +2 Reflex: +3 Will: +3
    Perception: +2 Sense Motive: +0
    Initiative: +2


    First Level spells remaining: 6/6
    Heavenly Fire remaining: 7/7
    Bolts remaining: 20/20


    Current Weapon in Hand: none
    Current Conditions in Effect: none
    Temporary items in possession: none
    Items not currently in possession: none
    Items depleted: CLW wand-1 chg
    Money: +200gp retainer

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Iowa City, IA
    Posts
    275

    Aelspeth Noromiel, Fledgling Conjurer

    "I am Aelspeth Noromiel of Sumbru," she says, the hint of a smile threatening at the corners of her mouth. "I have studied the arcane for decades, with primary focus in contact with the Outer Planes. It sounds like things will get rough after we board so I feel that, in the interest of full disclosure, I ought to inform you all that I've little experience in genuine combat." The elf's words quicken now, hurrying to finish and shift the spotlight away. 'With spare field studies and some practical application, I have developed the philosophy that battlefield control consistently trumps strength of arms."

    OOC
    Sorry for the late delay and weak post. IRL game I DM went late. More substantial post tomorrow
    Last edited by MerryMortician; Sunday, 28th June, 2015 at 08:54 AM. Reason: typo

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Toms River, NJ
    Posts
    1,023
    Francis John III, Self-Proclaimed Halfling Prince
    Character Sheet
    HP: 16/16
    AC: 17 FF:15 T:13
    CMB: 1 CMD: 13
    Fort: +1 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
    Perception: +8 Initiative: +2
    Bluff: +13 Diplomacy: +7 S. Motive: +5
    Sleight: +7 Stealth: +10
    Armed: Light Crossbow +4 1d6
    Bolts Remaining: 17/20
    Unarmed: Shortsword +3 d4+1
    Adaptable Luck: 2/3
    Bacon, War Pig
    HP: 18/18
    AC: 14, touch: 10, flat-footed: 14 (+4 natural)
    Fort: +6 Ref: +3 Will: +1
    Initiative: 0
    Defensive Abilities: ferocity
    Speed: 40 ft. (30 medium, 20 heavy)
    Melee: gore +4 (1d8+4)
    CMB: +4 CMD: 14
    Skills: Perception +6
    Senses: Lowlight Vision, Scent


    "My name is Francis John the Third, and I hail from the quaint yet exceedingly drab little village of Roughy River in the southern end of the baronies. I am absolutely useless in a standup fight and care not for magic. I am amazing at running, hiding, and staying out of the way. I am really good at getting into trouble, and as of yet even better getting out. I suppose my words are my daggers, but most often they prove to be quite useless. I look forward to assisting you all in anyway I can, although more importantly my focus is on simply not dieing. I am not really sure why I sign up for these adventures anyway."

    "Leira, you look as smashing as ever. Believe it or not, I did take Karra out to Monty's before she set off. She said that after not being able to travel with me, she couldn't see how she would ever adventure again. I had to cut the lass loose, poor lady."
    Francis shakes his head.

    "I thought my next journey might have need of a mount, so I bought a dumb pig. As he seems to be even more invalid than me, I might have to stow him back in the stables before we go. Although Tamarie's suggestion of a fine pig-roast bares consideration. However, I must currently bid you adieu, and I shall meet you at the skiff. Farewell, new friends!"

    Francis waits for the rest of the party to finish introductions as not to be rude, then drops his pig off (temporarily of course), back at the stables and meets the party at the designated location.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Greenwood, Indiana
    Posts
    425

    Arradon Delgaran


    Sensing the others eyes on him Arradon pulls back his hood for the first time. Long black hair frames once-handsome elven features, his bright green eyes carefully gauge the others. His sunken eyes, hollow features, and pale coloring speak of long illness or perhaps hard living. "I am Arradon Delgaran, and I hail from the lands to the East. I have experience as a scout and an...infiltrator." A small smile crosses his face at that last part. "I can fight, but I do my best work when they don't see it coming. I prefer getting in, doing the job, and getting out as quickly and cleanly as possible." He shifts uncomfortably and pulls his hood back up, once more hiding his face in the shadows.

    Arradon Delgaran Mini-Stats
    Arradon Delgaran
    AC: 15 (12 flat-footed, 13 touch)
    HP: 10/10
    CMB: +0 CMD: 13

    Fort: +1 Reflex: +5 Will: +0
    Bluff: +8 Disable Device: +9 Perception: +6 Sense Motive: Sleight of Hand: +7 +0 Stealth: +7
    Initiative: +5

    Sneak Attack: 1d8 (Dagger)
    Hidden Blade: +0

    Feats: Blind-Fight

    Current Weapon in Hand: Dagger +0 (1d4+0, 19-20/x2)
    Current Conditions in Effect: None
    Temporary items in possession: None
    Items not currently in possession: None
    Items depleted: None

  5. #15
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    7,987

    Qalabash Baram


    Qalabash inclines his head and gives a friendly nod to all as they introduce themselves.

    "A pleasure, one and all. Call me Qalabash, or Qal, or anything else you wish, Tamarie; no need for such formality with me. Now, I certainly cannot use this," he hands the wand of curing over to Tamarie. "So, if you are able and willing to use it on whosoever needs it then by all means, please do. Stash it with your other; spreads the cost around a bit, yes? And I'll gladly share round shield with anyone though if you're able, you can use it on yourself. As for practical application, Aelspeth of Little Experience, I am sure you will find more than enough on this venture. Farewell, Half-Prince, we shall see you soon."

    Qalabash considers briefly (something you figure he only does briefly, if at all) then nods. "Excellent stratagem, Arradon. We shall go in, go out, then cleanly hit them when they aren't looking."


    MiniStats
    Qalabash Baram Human Staff Magus 2
    Initiative: +1 Perception: -1

    AC: 14 (11 touch; 13 flat-footed)
    HP: 20 Current: 20
    CMB: +4; +6 Trip CMD: 15; 17 vs. Trip Fort: +5 Ref: +3 Will: +2

    In Hand: quarterstaff
    Conditions: None yet
    Spells Prepared:
    • 1st level (DC 14): Enlarge Person, Grease, Shocking Grasp
    • Orisons: Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation, Root
    Special:
    Concentration +5
    Arcane Pool: 4/4 (+1 enhancement for 1 min.)

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Ypsilanti
    Posts
    283
    Name:  NorthShieldmaiden02.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  16.4 KB

    Leira bows her head a bit and smiles pleasantly. "I am Leira Olren, a martial artist of some skill. I'm good at stealth and getting into places, but I'll be the first to admit I lack the charm of my halfling friend. If you all need something pummeled, I'm your girl." Pacing a bit she works out some nervous energy doing stretches. She adjusts her whip blade, checks her short sword, and hefts her shield around a bit. "Sorry, a bit nervous. Always nervous before doing something important." She laughs.

    Leira Olren, Master of Martial Arts

    Leira Olren
    AC:20 (17 flat-footed, 13 touch)
    HP: 18/18
    CMB: +5 CMD: 18

    Fort: +5 Reflex: +5 Will: +3
    Perception: +1 Sense Motive: +1
    Initiative: +5

    Skills
    Acrobatics: +7, Climb +8, Escape Artist +7, Heal +7, Stealth +8

    Stunning Fist: You must declare that you are using this feat before you make your attack roll (thus, a failed attack roll ruins the attempt). Stunning Fist forces a foe damaged by your unarmed attack to make a Fortitude saving throw (DC 10 + 1/2 your character level + your Wis modifier), in addition to dealing damage normally. A defender who fails this saving throw is stunned for 1 round (until just before your next turn). A stunned character drops everything held, canít take actions, loses any Dexterity bonus to AC, and takes a Ė2 penalty to AC. You may attempt a stunning attack once per day for every four levels you have attained (but see Special), and no more than once per round. Constructs, oozes, plants, undead, incorporeal creatures, and creatures immune to critical hits cannot be stunned.

    Dragon Style: While using this style, you gain a +2 bonus on saving throws against sleep effects, paralysis effects, and stunning effects. You ignore difficult terrain when you charge, run, or withdraw. You can also charge through squares that contain allies. Further, you can add 1-1/2 times your Strength bonus on the damage roll for your first unarmed strike on a given round.

    Dragon Ferocity: While using Dragon Style, you gain a bonus on unarmed strike damage rolls equal to half your Strength bonus. When you score a critical hit or a successful Stunning Fist attempt against an opponent while using this style, that opponent is also shaken for a number of rounds equal to 1d4 + your Strength bonus.

    Current Weapons in Hand: Unarmed Strike (Considered Armed) +6, Damage: 1d6+4, Crit: 20/x2, Type: B,
    Current Weapon for Attacks of Opportunity: Urami, +5. 1d8+4, Crit 18-20, Type S
    Current Conditions in Effect:
    Resources Used: None
    Temporary items in possession:
    Items not currently in possession:
    Items depleted: none

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Iowa City, IA
    Posts
    275

    Aelspeth Noromiel, Fledgling Conjurer

    Aelspeth smiles at her new companions as they introduce themselves. When Francis John III takes his leave, she watches after him for a moment. Raising a forefinger to push her spectacles up her nose, the elf looks around at the party once more. "I'm so glad to hear that I'm not the only person with...uncertainties. I appreciate your encouragement, Qal, and your sincerity, Leira." She makes a very quick hand gesture toward her belt, as if to catch a fly, and mumbles, "Grep," before pressing onward. A small rubber ball rises out of a pouch there and proceeds to to bounce beside Aelspeth as she walks. "Regarding your second wand Qal, I would be willing to disburse castings for protection. How liberally would you prefer to see the implement applied? It could be to our advantage that Tamarie not carry both. This way if she falls, we have a backup.

    Aelspeth Mini Stats
    Aelspeth
    HP: 8/8
    AC: 13 FF: 10 T: 13
    CMB: -1 CMD: 12
    Fort: +1 Reflex: +3 Will: +2
    Special: Immune to magic and sleep, +2 on saving throws Enchantment
    Perception: +2 S. Motive: +0
    Initiative: +3
    Conditions in Effect: ---
    Weapon in Hand: Quarterstaff
    Shift: 7/7 remaining
    0 Level: Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation
    1st Level: Mage Armor, Color Spray, Enlarge Person
    Last edited by MerryMortician; Thursday, 14th May, 2015 at 04:18 PM.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hampton, VA
    Posts
    7,795
    When you meet up with Shem again, he is at the docks talking to a trio of men (not to mention a dog) preparing a skiff for your departure. Shem says, "These men of mine with row you to the Sea Sprite. When you get it cleared, they will either row you back here or bring you back in the Sea Sprite herself, depending upon her condition. Anyway, the lead man here is Larry."

    The three men look pretty seasoned, with their faded work clothes showing both their financial state and their hard-working life. The mutt seems pretty calm himself, though he has a slightly torn ear and some scars to him. Other than that he seems friendly enough, though he sniffs heartily at your rations. Larry gets out of the skiff, wipes his hands to dry them on his coveralls, then introduces the other two while drawling in a heavy farm country accent. "Hi, I'm Larry; this is my brother Darryl, and this is my other brother Darryl."

    With introductions out of the way, the three men (not to mention the dog) help you climb into the boat and you launch off. You leave the docks as the men take turns rowing and navigating via lantern light, up until you can finally see the outline of a ship in the distance. As you finally get closer, however, the dog begins to stare into the water and whine. Larry says to one of his brothers, or maybe to both, "Look lively Darryl. Mutt senses something."

    OOC: Need Perception Checks. Also, which three folks are on the left side of the skiff, and which three folks on the right?

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Iowa City, IA
    Posts
    275
    OOC
    Aelspeth would like to sit on the left side of the skiff, centered between other characters.

    Another OOC Edit
    Even the [rol l] code doesn't work. I'll repost here the roll I pinged DT with until another solution is proposed.
    Perception: 1D20+2 = [6]+2 = 8
    Last edited by MerryMortician; Thursday, 14th May, 2015 at 05:36 PM.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Toms River, NJ
    Posts
    1,023
    Francis John III, Self-Proclaimed Halfling Prince
    Character Sheet
    HP: 16/16
    AC: 17 FF:15 T:13
    CMB: 1 CMD: 13
    Fort: +1 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
    Perception: +8 Initiative: +2
    Bluff: +13 Diplomacy: +7 S. Motive: +5
    Sleight: +7 Stealth: +10
    Armed: Light Crossbow +4 1d6
    Bolts Remaining: 17/20
    Unarmed: Shortsword +3 d4+1
    Adaptable Luck: 2/3
    Bacon, War Pig
    HP: 18/18
    AC: 14, touch: 10, flat-footed: 14 (+4 natural)
    Fort: +6 Ref: +3 Will: +1
    Initiative: 0
    Defensive Abilities: ferocity
    Speed: 40 ft. (30 medium, 20 heavy)
    Melee: gore +4 (1d8+4)
    CMB: +4 CMD: 14
    Skills: Perception +6
    Senses: Lowlight Vision, Scent

    Never one to miss an opportunity, Francis snuggles up to Aelspeth in the back of the left side. However, the halfling notices the dog perk up and does the same.


Similar Threads

  1. Sprite Tribe
    By Minigiant in forum *Pathfinder, Starfinder, Older D&D Editions (4E, 3.x, 2E, 1E, OD&D), D&D Variants, OSR
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Wednesday, 30th July, 2008, 01:15 AM
  2. Sprite/Pixie Life Span
    By Mordfane in forum *General Roleplaying Games Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Sunday, 20th June, 2004, 06:00 AM
  3. Night Sprite
    By robjh in forum *D&D 5th Edition
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: Friday, 30th April, 2004, 09:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •