PF [LPF] The Sea Sprite - Page 32
Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 356
  1. #311
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Toms River, NJ
    Posts
    1,023
    Francis John, III - Self-Proclaimed Halfling Prince


    Francis seizes up the hag, looking sternly back up at her hideous remaining eye. "Now listen hear you salty sea bi.... witch. You best be swimming back to the bottom of the ocean before the rest of the Venzan army boards this ship. We are merely the scout team, and even the FEW of us killed ALL of your minions."

    He continues to spit his most venomous verbiage. "A messenger is already on his way back to the regiment letting them know to storm the ship. Look at our sorcerers.... they haven't even cast anything yet. They can shove a fireball so far up your wazoo we all can eat fish filet for weeks. You should leave now.... consider this a gift of amnesty."

    "And if that doesn't work for you, I will PERSONALLY take care of your other eye myself. So best be on your way now and GET GOING!"
    The halfling holds his sword defensively, knowing it won't be much use if she doesn't take the bait.






    MiniStats

    Character Sheet
    HP: 14/16

    AC: 17 FF:15 T:13
    CMB: 1 CMD: 13
    Fort: +1 Reflex: +5 Will: +1

    Initiative: +2
    Perception
    : +8

    Shortsword +3 d4+1
    Light Crossbow +4 1d6

    Bolts Remaining: 7/20
    Adaptable Luck: 0/3


    Bacon, War Pig
    HP: 18/18

    Initiative: 0

    AC:
    14 FF: 14 T:10
    CMB: +4 CMD: 14
    Fort: +6 Ref: +3 Will: +1

    Melee
    : gore +4 (1d8+4)
    Defensive Abilities: ferocity

    Speed
    : 40 ft. (30 medium, 20 heavy)


    Skills: Perception +6
    Senses: Lowlight Vision, Scent


    Adventure Notes

    +200 Gold - as advance
    Used drow poison
    -3 STR (-1 melee attack/damage, -1 Str Skills, 15 ft. mvt, -3 ACP)
    breaker of thumbs, blinder of hags
    XP Scott DeWar gave XP for this post

  2. #312
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Iowa City, IA
    Posts
    275

    Aelspeth Noromiel, Fledgling Conjurer

    The elf woman holds her sword at her side in a ready but non-threatening pose. Her arm shakes slightly as she struggles to maintain her grip on what feels like a leaden rod, thanks to the weakening effect of having seen the hag's face. She chews her lower lip, unsure whether to speak out or let the hag respond to the halfling's threat. It would seem Arradon's life hung in the balance of that moment.

    OOC
    Aelspeth readies an attack against the hag, should she take any threatening action against the party. Longsword - (1d20-3)[1] for damage - (1d8-3)[1]


    Aelspeth Mini Stats
    Aelspeth
    HP: 8/8
    AC: 13 (17) FF: 10 (14) T: 13
    CMB: -1 CMD: 12
    Fort: +1 Reflex: +3 Will: +2
    Special: Immune to magical sleep, +2 on saving throws vs. Enchantment
    Perception: +2 S. Motive: +0
    Initiative: +3
    Conditions in Effect: +4 AC (Mage Armor, 1 hour remaining); -3 STR (Sea Hag's "appearance" ability, temporary strength score is 5)
    Weapon in Hand: Quarterstaff
    Shift: 7/7 remaining
    0 Level: Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation
    1st Level: Mage Armor, Color Spray, Enlarge Person

  3. #313
    Tamarie the Songweaver
    With Francis drawing attention, Tamarie reaches into her messenger bag and easily fishes out a small vial of reddish liquid, as if it was laying on top ready for her. Popping the top, she pours the liquid into Arradon's mouth and traps it closed, forcing him to swallow, all without fanfare.

    Action
    Alright, so let's go with something a little more reliable and pull Arradon away from death's door. Retrieve potion of CLW from handy harversack, administer to Arradon. 7 points of healing:
    R8 Potion of CLW on Arradon: 1D8+1 = [6]+1 = 7

    Tamarie Mini Stats
    Tamarie
    AC: 12 (10 flat-footed, 12 touch)
    HP: 13/17
    Shawl of Life Keeping: 4 stored HP
    CMB: +1 CMD: 13

    Fort: +2 Reflex: +3 Will: +3
    Perception: +2 Sense Motive: +0
    Initiative: +2

    First Level spells remaining: 3/6
    Heavenly Fire remaining: 5/7(Tamarie,Arradon)
    Bolts remaining: 16/20

    Current Weapon in Hand: Cure Light Wounds Wand
    Current Conditions in Effect: -3 Str
    Temporary items in possession: Qalabash’s CLW wand
    Items not currently in possession: none
    Items depleted: CLW wand-4 chg, CLW potion
    Money: +200gp retainer

  4. #314
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Greenwood, Indiana
    Posts
    425

    Arradon Delgaran


    After swallowing Tamarie's potion Arradon emits a low moan, barely on the edge of hearing. His breathing is extremely shallow and labored; however, some color has returned to his face.


    Arradon Delgaran Mini-Stats

    Arradon Delgaran
    AC: 15 (12 flat-footed, 13 touch)
    HP: -4/10 (Stable)
    CMB: +0 CMD: 13

    Fort: +1 Reflex: +5 Will: +0
    Bluff: +8 Disable Device: +9 Perception: +6 Sense Motive: +0 Sleight of Hand: +7 Stealth: +7
    Initiative: +5

    Sneak Attack: 1d8 (Dagger)
    Hidden Blade: +0

    Feats: Blind-Fight

    Current Weapon in Hand: Dagger +0 (1d4+0, 19-20/x2)
    Current Conditions in Effect: Hideous Visage (-3 Str)
    Temporary items in possession: None
    Items not currently in possession: None
    Items depleted: None

  5. #315
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hampton, VA
    Posts
    7,794
    The hag roars as she ignores the variations of threats and diplomacy, "No crown! No crown! Deceivers, liars! I'll kill you all! I'll paint this vessel with your innards." She steps towards the threatening Francis John to do just as she promised.

    Attack 1 vs Francis John
    (1d20+8)[21]
    Damage
    (1d6+4)[9]

    Attack 2 vs Francis John
    (1d20+8)[19]
    Damage
    (1d6+4)[8]

    Francis John crumples from the wounds inflicted.

    OOC: Arradon stabilized and should survive if you can do the same. The sea hag is angriest right now at Francis John. Combat has started again, obviously.

  6. #316
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hampton, VA
    Posts
    7,794
    Leira had a ready action to strike in case the sea hag attacked, just as Aelspeth had done. However, Aelspeth missed badly while Leira was closer to the mark (and still missed).

    Attack Roll, (+1 from bless):
    (1D20+7)[13]

    Unarmed Damage:
    (1D8+8)[10]

    After her readied attack, she lunged out once more against the wicked creature, having much greater luck this second time around.


    Attack Roll, (+1 from bless):
    (1D20+7)[23]

    Unarmed Damage:
    (1D8+8)[13]

    OOC: The sea hag took a pretty vicious hit from Leira, and before from Francis John. She's not looking like she will last long against a concerted attack.

  7. #317
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Toms River, NJ
    Posts
    1,023
    Francis John, III - Self-Proclaimed Halfling Prince


    The once plucky halfling surely isn't plucky anymore. As his body lays motionless on the floor, it almost appears as if his tongue continues to writhe.



    OOC
    If I may ask, what modifier did you give to the bluff attempt, and what was her roll?




    MiniStats

    Character Sheet
    HP: -3/16

    AC: 17 FF:15 T:13
    CMB: 1 CMD: 13
    Fort: +1 Reflex: +5 Will: +1

    Initiative: +2
    Perception
    : +8

    Shortsword +3 d4+1
    Light Crossbow +4 1d6

    Bolts Remaining: 7/20
    Adaptable Luck: 0/3


    Bacon, War Pig
    HP: 18/18

    Initiative: 0

    AC:
    14 FF: 14 T:10
    CMB: +4 CMD: 14
    Fort: +6 Ref: +3 Will: +1

    Melee
    : gore +4 (1d8+4)
    Defensive Abilities: ferocity

    Speed
    : 40 ft. (30 medium, 20 heavy)


    Skills: Perception +6
    Senses: Lowlight Vision, Scent


    Adventure Notes

    +200 Gold - as advance
    Used drow poison
    -3 STR (-1 melee attack/damage, -1 Str Skills, 15 ft. mvt, -3 ACP)
    breaker of thumbs, blinder of hags

  8. #318
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hampton, VA
    Posts
    7,794
    Francis John appears as if he may pull through despite his wounds.

    FrancisJohn and the curious
    Spoiler:

    I had no roll against Francis John's bluff check. The sea hag was half-crazed over her searching for the crown, and was hardly paying attention to the conversation. The party's failure to produce it straight away led to her reattacking. If you were looking to bluff her for a combat advantage, I'm afraid it would have only have applied for Francis John's next attack, and alas he is face-first and on the ground.

  9. #319
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Toms River, NJ
    Posts
    1,023
    OOC: I didn't want any mechanical advantage, I just thought she might change her mind if she lost the bluff vs. sense motive check. No worries!

  10. #320
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    7,987

    Qalabash Baram


    With two of his companions down Qalabash roars wordlessly and leaps to the attack!


    OOC
    Shield: 0/10 rounds.
    Arcane enhancement +1: 1/10 rounds.

    Move: 5 ft step back into threatening range
    Standard: attack with quarterstaff (1d20+3)[16] for (1d6+2)[8]

    Used: shield charges: 2; 1 CLW potion

    MiniStats
    Qalabash Baram Human Staff Magus 2
    Initiative: +1 Perception: -1

    AC: 14 (11 touch; 13 flat-footed) Current: 14
    HP: 20 Current: 13
    CMB: +4; +6 Trip CMD: 15; 17 vs. Trip Fort: +5 Ref: +3 Will: +2

    In Hand: quarterstaff
    Conditions: 3 STR dmg: (13/16 +1)
    Spells Prepared:
    • 1st level (DC 14): Enlarge Person, Grease, Shocking Grasp
    • Orisons: Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation, Root
    Special:
    Concentration +5
    Arcane Pool: 3/4 (+1 enhancement for 1 min.)

Similar Threads

  1. Sprite Tribe
    By Minigiant in forum *Pathfinder, Starfinder, Older D&D Editions (4E, 3.x, 2E, 1E, OD&D), D&D Variants, OSR
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Wednesday, 30th July, 2008, 01:15 AM
  2. Sprite/Pixie Life Span
    By Mordfane in forum *General Roleplaying Games Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Sunday, 20th June, 2004, 06:00 AM
  3. Night Sprite
    By robjh in forum *D&D 5th Edition
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: Friday, 30th April, 2004, 09:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •