Pathfinder 1E [LPF] The Sea Sprite

MerryMortician

Explorer
Aelspeth Noromiel, Fledgling Conjurer

Aelspeth smiles grimly at Leira's declaration. She yanks Qalabash's wand from where she'd previously tucked it into her belt and, with a flick of her wrist and the activation phrase, she wards the man. The air around him shifts, displaced invisibly in the night, and settles with no sign that anything has changed.

[sblock=Actions]Move:Draw wand.
Move:Cast Shield on Qalabash.[/sblock]

[sblock=Aelspeth Mini Stats]Aelspeth
HP: 8/8
AC: 13 FF: 10 T: 13
CMB: -1 CMD: 12
Fort: +1 Reflex: +3 Will: +2
Special: Immune to magic and sleep, +2 on saving throws Enchantment
Perception: +2 S. Motive: +0
Initiative: +3
Conditions in Effect: ---
Weapon in Hand: Quarterstaff
Shift: 7/7 remaining
0 Level: Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation
1st Level: Mage Armor, Color Spray, Enlarge Person
[/sblock]

MerryMortician

Explorer
[sblock=OOC Wand Error]I just remembered that Shield has a range of personal. That would mean that I can't use it on the party. Did I misunderstand Qalabash's request on how to use it (thought he meant to keep everyone protected) or did GE misunderstand the limitation?[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
[sblock=Cautionary Note]DT has not posted to any game since Tuesday, so I find it unlikely he's giving us the green to start combat actions unspoken. He's got a really good track record overall, so this may be some sort of atypical real life intrusion and I'm more than inclined to give him the time he needs to get back to things.[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
OOC: Sorry, everyone. I was on vacation to Germany and my daughter was unexpectedly willing to go out more this trip than stay in watching kid cartoons. So I spent a lot of dad-daughter time and didn't often get to the computer. Anyway, I am back from vacation and the party has initiative, with Leira's roll. Post your attacks/actions.

MerryMortician

Explorer
OOC: That's awesome, DT. Meant no offense by pushing forward; I just wasn't sure what were your expectations. Anyway, I'm glad you had a good vacation!

Aura

Explorer
Tamarie the Songweaver
With the boat closing in on the Sea Sprite, Tamarie draws a breath purposefully, then begins a short song (or chant) in an alien tongue. As her voice lilts over the waters, she draws with her free hand the symbol of Cortesia, patron Goddess of Venza, formed from light in red, white and golden hues. As she finishes, the symbol is replicated, in miniature, above the heads of her cohorts and the boat crew for just a moment before fading away, leaving little more than a warm feeling instilling confidence in those effected.

Tamarie then turns her head to Arradon and speaks normally once again. "I'm a terrible shot with this thing," she begins, looking down, somewhat ruefully, at her loaded crossbow, "but I shall try." She lifts the bow to your shoulder and prepares to loose a bolt at her fishy enemies.

[sblock=Aelspeth]The spell was cast in Celestial, and it becomes obvious that this is part of Tamarie's hard to place accent. The words themselves are somewhat non-sensical, but do have the quality of fitting together, sound-wise.[/sblock][sblock=actions]Standard action: Cast spell (Bless, duration 30 rounds, effect: +1 morale bonus to hit, +1 fear save
Free action: Speak[/sblock][sblock=Tamarie Mini Stats]Tamarie
AC: 12 (10 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 16/17
Shawl of Life Keeping: 4 stored HP
CMB: +1 CMD: 13

Fort: +2 Reflex: +3 Will: +3
Perception: +2 Sense Motive: +0
Initiative: +2

First Level spells remaining: 5/6
Heavenly Fire remaining: 7/7
Bolts remaining: 19/20

Current Weapon in Hand: crossbow(loaded)
Current Conditions in Effect: Bless(30r)
Temporary items in possession: none
Items not currently in possession: none
Items depleted: CLW wand-1 chg
Money: +200gp retainer[/sblock]

ealt

Explorer
[section]
Arradon attempts to make himself as small a target as possible, he crouches down as much as is possible within the confines of the boat and prepares for incoming fire.
[/section]

[sblock=Action]
Full Round: Total Defense - +4 Dodge bonus to AC
[/sblock]

[sblock=Arradon Delgaran Mini-Stats]Arradon Delgaran
AC: 15 (12 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 10/10
CMB: +0 CMD: 13

Fort: +1 Reflex: +5 Will: +0
Bluff: +8 Disable Device: +9 Perception: +6 Sense Motive: +0 Sleight of Hand: +7 Stealth: +7
Initiative: +5

Sneak Attack: 1d8 (Dagger)
Hidden Blade: +0

Feats: Blind-Fight

Current Weapon in Hand: Dagger +0 (1d4+0, 19-20/x2)
Current Conditions in Effect: Bless - 30 rounds remaining, +1 to hit, +1 vs Fear
Temporary items in possession: None
Items not currently in possession: None
Items depleted: None[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Tamarie casts bless, driving the party to greater determination. Arradon looks to dodge incoming fire. Aelspeth looked to use her wand, but then thought better of it and can take a different move instead.

OOC: Everyone in the party gets a +1 morale bonus to their upcoming to hit rolls. Anyone else making a move? Aelspeth, Leira, and Qalabash can still act unless I missed something. I am willing to rule that Francis John had time to load his crossbow and have it nearby before coming next to the boat, as I moved the party along quickly from shark attack to the storming of the Sea Sprite without giving much else in the way of prep time.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Qalabash Baram

[section]
Qalabash frowns when Aelspeth goes to use the wand on him and then the spell doesn't complete. He curses in Pell.

"Ah, I forgot. It only works on those who can use it on themselves."

He slips the wand from her fingers and uses it on himself.

[/section]
[sblock=OOC]Move: take wand
Standard: cast shield on self.
Used: shield charges: 1

MerryMortician: I just forgot the wand couldn't be used in that way.[/sblock]
[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Qalabash Baram[/size] Human Staff Magus 2
Initiative: +1 Perception: -1

AC: 14 (11 touch; 13 flat-footed) Current: 18
HP: 20 Current: 20
CMB: +4; +6 Trip CMD: 15; 17 vs. Trip Fort: +5 Ref: +3 Will: +2

In Hand: quarterstaff
Conditions: None yet
Spells Prepared:
  • 1st level (DC 14): Enlarge Person, Grease, Shocking Grasp
  • Orisons: Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation, Root
Special:
Concentration +5
Arcane Pool: 4/4 (+1 enhancement for 1 min.)
[/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[sblock=Francis John III, Self-Proclaimed Halfling Prince]
Character Sheet

HP: 16/16
AC: 17 FF:15 T:13
CMB: 1 CMD: 13
Fort: +1 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
Perception: +8 Initiative: +2
Bluff: +13 Diplomacy: +7 S. Motive: +5
Sleight: +7 Stealth: +10
Unarmed: Shortsword +3 d4+1
Armed: Light Crossbow +4 1d6
Bolts Remaining: 16/20
Adaptable Luck: 2/3

[sblock=Bacon, War Pig]
HP: 18/18
AC: 14, touch: 10, flat-footed: 14 (+4 natural)
Fort: +6 Ref: +3 Will: +1
Initiative: 0
Defensive Abilities: ferocity
Speed: 40 ft. (30 medium, 20 heavy)
Melee: gore +4 (1d8+4)
CMB: +4 CMD: 14
Skills: Perception +6
Senses: Lowlight Vision, Scent[/sblock]
[sblock=Adventure Notes]
+200 Gold - as advance
[/sblock][/sblock]

Francis ducks as low as he can in the boat to steady his shot. "Me mams says to shoot first, ask questions later." He sees the fish creature, and fires. The halfling frowns as he is pretty sure the bolt went astray... but its getting dark out there.

[sblock=Actions]Free: Drop to Prone
Standard: Ranged against closest sahuigin
Move: Load crossbow[/sblock]

[sblock=Attack 12, Damage 1]BAB (1) + Dex (1) + Size (1) + Morale +(1); : 1D20+5 = [7]+5 = 12
1D6 = [1] = 1
[/sblock]

Remove ads