Strange & Norrell on BBC!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
What did people think of the first episode? I found it kinda slow, but the performances were good. I don't know the source material, but that bloke from Hustle and Mad Dogs was kinda cool as that fairy king type guy. I didn't get his name. Interesting enough that I'll watch again next week.

Dioltach

Legend
If you mean Marc Warren, he's good in a lot of roles. Hustle and Mad Dogs, obviously, but he was also Mr Teatime in Hogfather and more recently Rochefort in the BBC's The Musketeers. He's matured a lot as an actor, I think.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
If you mean Marc Warren, he's good in a lot of roles. Hustle and Mad Dogs, obviously, but he was also Mr Teatime in Hogfather and more recently Rochefort in the BBC's The Musketeers. He's matured a lot as an actor, I think.

I can never get past the first few episodes of those "Doctor Who isn't on at the moment" Saturday evening BBC1 shows. Musketeers, Atlantis, Robin Hood, etc. Something about them just doesn't appeal to me. I think they're squarely aimed at a younger demographic than me (and while Doctor Who is, too, I think that show manages to engage the 30+ crowd, too).

delericho

Legend
I can never get past the first few episodes of those "Doctor Who isn't on at the moment" Saturday evening BBC1 shows. Musketeers, Atlantis, Robin Hood, etc. Something about them just doesn't appeal to me.

They're rubbish?

The exception, for me at least, was "Merlin", which I watched right through. "Atlantis" and "The Musketeers" I gave up on after the first series. "Robin Hood" I watched right through, and regretted doing so.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases