Need ideas

DerianCypher

First Post
First off, my players stay away

Now that that is over with:

My players are going to be going after 2 gems that represent the essence of neutrality (one regarding good/evil and the other law/chaos)

I need ideas for the guardian. Please note that this is an epic campaign and so the power level is very high.

Thanks in advance!
DC

Angcuru

First Post
The guardian is the Avatar of the God of neutrality, who was sent down to quard these two gems to prevent the balance from being comprimised.

Angcuru

First Post
or you could make it so that the gems are their OWN guardians. anyone who touches either, besides a neutral character, has his'er alignment suddenly changed. characters changed over to chaos go into a rage, killing everyone around them. characters turned to evil see the others are desiring the gem for themselves, and kill them to prevent their procuring the gem. characters turned to law view the others as trying to steal the gems from their rightful place, violating the essence of law. characters turned to good see the others to desire the gems for evil purposes, and slay them for the greater good, so to speak.
;)

Lord Pendragon

First Post
I think that something along the lines of a pair of gargantuan crystal golems may be appropriate. Imbed a gem in the chest of each golem, so that the golem must be destroyed to retrieve the gem. Since you're talking epic, add to it that the golem guarding the law/chaos axis casts spells as a 15th-level sorcerer, and the golem guarding the good/evil axis casts spells as a 15th-level cleric.

s/LaSH

First Post
The whole area is probably shrouded in a field of neutrality, making it harder to cast law/chaos/evil/good spells.

The good/evil gem probably has lawful-chaotic guardians - a few formian queens, death slaadi, that sort of thing.

The order/chaos gem would go more for guardinals and yugoloths, I suppose.

Just some ideas...

MerakSpielman

First Post
Have some fun with alignment-changing. The golem idea is good.

How about the one gem radiates an aura that strips you of your Lawful/Chaotic alignment, leaving the second half of your alignment "Neutral." The other gem could do the same. Your alignment reverts to normal after you leave the area of effect. If your class abilities are tied to alignment, you lose those class abilities while in the radius.

Maybe a Will save DC 50 or so every hour to avoid the effects.

Remove ads