Improved Initiative x2

SamuraiY

First Post
Actually, you can only take Improved Initiative once. If you could take it multiple times, it would say so under special.

Felix

Explorer
I ask because my character, who had Imp Init contracted and became a lycanthrope (long story). In "hybrid and wolf form, the lycanthrope gains any feats an animal of its form has." (from SRD) I'm being munchkinny and seeing if the character feat and the wolfie feat stack.

Demon Knight

First Post
Improved Initiative does not stack with itself.

Otherwise, what would be the point of the epic feat "Superior Initiative"?

If you receive the Improved Initiative feat from multiple sources, it only applies once.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
I ask because my character, who had Imp Init contracted and became a lycanthrope (long story). In "hybrid and wolf form, the lycanthrope gains any feats an animal of its form has." (from SRD) I'm being munchkinny and seeing if the character feat and the wolfie feat stack.

The Two Weapon Fighting feat reduces the penalties for attacking with two weapons by 2.

If a PC with the TWF feat multiclasses to Ranger, would you let him reduce those penalties by 4 (once for TWF, once for the Ranger's virtual feat) when in light or no armor?

(The correct answer, by the way, is No.)

If a feat cannot be taken twice, and you get it from two sources, then you still only have the feat once.

-Hyp.

Felix

Explorer
To Demon Knight and Hypersmurf:

*looks at you two with a sheepish grin*
I know. I just needed to test the water before I submitted it to my DM. Heh. Thanks guys. So much for being munchkinny.

Lord Pendragon

First Post
Actually, Felix, one of the game designers (I think it was SeanK, but it may have been Monte,) posted a reply once that said he didn't think allowing Improved Initiative to stack would be a problem. Basically his stance was that since Initiative only comes into play once a combat, then is basically meaningless (cyclic combat and all that,) it wasn't overpowered to pay multiple feats to bump that score.

I'm not sure if this argument will work with the Improved Initiative from multiple sources, since I'd tend to rule that unless you actually take it twice, they overlap, but it is room to argue with your DM if you'd like. :D

Iron_Chef

First Post
There are other initiative boosting feats out there that stack with Improved Initiative: Blooded, Thug (from FRCS) and Lightning Initiative (from Quintessential Fighter, reprinted in Ultimate Feats). Or, houserule it to stack with itself.

Remove ads