(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 0 - The Sending of the Wanderer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serpenteye

First Post
Good Grief!

Does this mean that every single peasant on Oerth can simply choose for themselves wether they can be transported to Toril or not?
In that case only a fraction of the population would remain, in any country on Oerth! The IR would be obliterated before it's even begun!
The government of the Dark Union will do all that it can to prevent this sending to reach the people, and if that fail they will do everything in their power to stop people from leaving.

Last edited:

Maudlin

First Post
Re: To all the People in the IR

Edena_of_Neith said:
To all these people, the Angels - beautiful, ethereal, their faces filled with sadness, but their eyes shimmering with love and warmth - offer a refuge on Hope Island, on Toril.
A place where they may go, and the coming war will not touch them or their loved ones.

Hey! I was going to eat those! Mind your own business for once in your existance, you prissy winged bastards!

Btw: Before you send off all the hors d'oeuvres, remember that wars are won through logistics, and if your troops don't eat for 6 months, they don't fight well :D Well, 'cept when they're undead. Or if they eat other troops. I don't have a point, really.

Last edited:

Festy_Dog

First Post
The Spelljammers which i was sending to the Amidio Rainforest are going to be pulled back and sent to help defend Kalanyr's yuan-ti. Once the threat is over they will rejoin the force going to the Amidio Rainforest. While they are gone the rest of the Amidio taskforce will not move until they return.

(I was sending all PL 30 of them)

Last edited:

William Ronald

Explorer
Evacuation and PLs

Edena:

The offer is kind, but I want to know what this will mean. If I have no civilian population, I will have no crops. I would at least like to get the elderly, the infirm, and children to Hope Island.

Many of the people of the Kevellond League would be willing to stand by their lands. So, I await your reply. However, I am determined to win this war. As things now stand here is what happens in character."

Archcleric Hazen and the leaders of the Kevellond League hear the offer of the angels. With his magic, Hazen has shown them scenes of the peoples of the League. He feels strongly pulled towards it but remains

An old man and a woman walk slowly towards the light, their steps growing steadily as they do.

A man, crippled from a horrible fall, blinks and murmurs "Yes. Thank you," as he vanishes.

In the Yeomanry, a young couple hug their four children, two boys and a girl. None are older than seven years of age. The oldest girl carries an infant. The other children carry pets- a dog and two cats as they look at their parents.

"Go. Go into the light" they say. They both try to hold back their tears but the children understand. They look at their parents and vanish.

The couple cry for a moment. They face each other. "We're staying." The man grabs an old spear and the woman grabs a pitchfork.

As the last flicker of the light of Hope Island vanishes, Hazen whispers. "Thank you."

Only breathing can be heard in the silence of the room.

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
A letter reaches Kessel of Gnomeworks, (is that right?)

My name is Sanctus Punitor. I am of the Elven Nations. I am the weilder of the blade Infectio-Onis Ferrum. I am the son of a poisoned Ranger, and father to a dead son. My life was meant to end years ago. My life was meant to be used in service.

Your people are in danger... to my belief. I am sending my Rangers from my home province of Gnarley to join you in the Lortmills. They wish to train in the use of your weapons. If you are ok with this, then say so.

Your people are honorable. You treated me with respect when I was a young adventurer. I held court with you on a dark evening while I was hunting some defamed lich. We traded between the Lortmills and Greyhawk.

Greyhawk is overun. You have recieved the same messages as I have. Some long forgotten evil is moving in the direction of your territories.

I have wishes that follow the same path as yours. Ally with me. We could save this world together... do you agree?

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
kaboom

Indeed, your halfling messenger is allowed into the hall where Kessel GnomeWorks sits and gazes out the window, enshrouded by darkness.

Despite the offer of the celestials, our people are steadfast in our decision - we shall stay, and we shall fight the darkness.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
creamsteak

"Kessel GnomeWorks is my assumed name." Kessel says gruffly.

"Indeed, my people are in danger. While I am taking measures to help prevent the destruction of the Lortmils, any and all assistance will be thankfully taken."

"Of course we will ally with you, and we are willing to train your rangers in the usage of our weaponry, in return for your assistance."

Bonedagger

First Post
OOC

Hmm. Since most medieval armies was sponsered by pillaging the areas they moved through. Now other things like magic must compensate for this. I wonder if this will limit the movement of some forces. I can imagine most of this worlds population gone in a sec. Wow. The moral of those mortals left behind must be low. And imagine this dragging on for months. Even on castles that were under sige many civilians was needed to take care of the daily stuff (Other than taking care of food). And it is not among the soldiers you find those skills needed to take care of supplies. Were those victims being tortured in the olympics also given a break? Guess those goody freaks finally did Vecna a favor :)

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
The elves are moving anyone who is without cause or wishes to flee to do so with the angels help. Those men who are brave and willing are encouraged to stay and face the coming darkness... most willing civilians are moved to Delrune castle unless they are non-citizens or wish to stay on their farms.

Much influence is given to the "stay and fight!" speaches... too bad Sanctus is busy or I'd come up with a great one for him to say... Since he is not, the local noble's will suffice.

The people tend to side with their noble's orders. The cowards are generally weeded out, and are looked at as weak by the elves. "We are united... if you are afraid of evil then it has already won!"

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases