(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 0 - The Sending of the Wanderer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edena, Church of Shadow is quite strong on Toril, you remember my posts concerning it at the end of Torillian IR? Many citizens of Commonwealth and Kara-Tur Empire secretly worship Melkor The Dark One, god created when most evil Gods of Toril merged together , even if it is 1% of population, it still means tens of millions of devoted fellowers( evil cultists tend to be quite devoted). We have no large armies there, but instead we have a Shadow Network, which allows us to contol a very big part of Torilian Underworld. We also have influence through corrupt politicians, helping them in career. Edena Shade will try to create Shadow Network on Toril too, I am sure that many evil rogues will want to become Shade. We will also spread Cult of Dark One on Oerth, we currently build a giant cathedral to him in The heart of Shadow Throne!

So Kalanyr and others, do not persecute our religion!

And since Lord Melkor is a God, adress Shadow Council when speaking to Shade. Shadow council is composed of seven Shadowlords, most powerful Shade, and its leader, Shadow Regent, changes every year. Current one is Rhamagaum, mighty Lich.

dagger

Adventurer
Kingdom of Ulek has much to discuss with the Kevellond League, we gladly extend our hand in alliance to you.

William Ronald

Explorer
Archcleric Hazen sits behind a table in a brightly lit room. Continual light stones are placed to give the room the brightness of the noon-time soon. He is reviewing a letter.

"To Prince Corond of the Uleks:

We are indeed honored to accept your alliance. We hope that in the days to come that we shall remain strong friends. You are aware of my situation. Together we shall hope forge a brighter future."

Archcleric Hazen of Veluna
President, The Kevellond League

A similar letter is addressed to Kessel Gnomeworks of the Lortmils Technomancy.

As he sees both letters, he ponders the hostile words of the Church of Shade and its allies.

"I wonder if the Eternal Empire of Kara Tur practices impalement? Maybe the Church of Shade knows or will know soon."

Black Omega

First Post
While the Wander spoke, the Coalition of Light and Shadow was silent. While swarm of formians and thralls have flown, the Coaltion of Light and Shadow has watched. While envoys scurried from territory to territory, the Coalition of Light and Shadow has waited. Dour Dwarves, clever Gnomes, Humans and the ethreal grace of the Fae and Elves all still.

Then from the council chambers of Highfolk, a slim figure emerges, silver haired and clad in black, Siobhan Silirevnur, emissary of the Seelie. Orders are given out and soon the Elven Spelljammers are slipping loose from their mornings, the Seelie of Flanaess stirring to activity and making their presense known.

To Toril no message is sent, but to the Kevellond League a message, promising the lasting peace and friendship that has historically existed between our peoples. But the alliance with the Technocracy of Lortmil is of grave concern.

Forrester

First Post
LordMelkor{Talos} said:
Edena, Church of Shadow is quite strong on Toril, you remember my posts concerning it at the end of Torillian IR? Many citizens of Commonwealth and Kara-Tur Empire secretly worship Melkor The Dark One, god created when most evil Gods of Toril merged together , even if it is 1% of population, it still means tens of millions of devoted fellowers( evil cultists tend to be quite devoted). We have no large armies there, but instead we have a Shadow Network, which allows us to contol a very big part of Torilian Underworld. We also have influence through corrupt politicians, helping them in career. Edena Shade will try to create Shadow Network on Toril too, I am sure that many evil rogues will want to become Shade. We will also spread Cult of Dark One on Oerth, we currently build a giant cathedral to him in The heart of Shadow Throne!

So Kalanyr and others, do not persecute our religion!

And since Lord Melkor is a God, adress Shadow Council when speaking to Shade. Shadow council is composed of seven Shadowlords, most powerful Shade, and its leader, Shadow Regent, changes every year. Current one is Rhamagaum, mighty Lich.

Much of this is utter nonsense. Democracy aside, we have made sure that any and all organizations engaged in major illegal dealings (ESPECIALLY those organizations that made war with us in the recent past!) are sought out and prosecuted. The magic and the technology of the UC is extraordinarily strong -- as are the amazing psionic abilities of the Humanoid contingent.

You might be able to hide a few folks here and a few folks there, but I'm sorry, there's just no way you have that much influence. I don't believe you have the resources to hide from the equivalent of 11th level magic + 21st century technology + 11th level-equivalent psionic powers. Not on Toril.

Anabstercorian

First Post
Hmmm. Sounds like fun!

Anabstercorian will attend the Olympic Games of Torture personally. After all, his single strangest power is his immense sensitivity to the flow of life force (What we call XP in the metagame) and he figures winning the games will be a very good way to expand his power.

His strategy will be explained next turn, when I believe the games will be taking place.

Also, this is for SOLLIR FURRYFOOT.
Weirdly enough, low level wizards of the Solistarim are approaching the Quaggoth Fells with talks of a trade treaty - In exchange for minor but useful magical items, they will supply the Solistarim with slaves of any humanoid race they find convenient. Comments, Sollir?

kaboom

First Post
To Kessel GnomeWorks: a small halfling wearing a large traveling cloak wants to see you. He says that he is on important business. Let me know if you grant him an audience.

William Ronald

Explorer
A letter appears in Highfolk by courier.

It reads.

"Siobhan Silirevnur, emissary of the Seelie,

The Kevellond League gratefully accepts your offer of alliance. The times are dark. Our messenger to Toril has not yet returned - although it is a long journey."

"We ask that you enter our counsels and we shall listen to your wise words. Your wisdom has never failed us. As for the Lortmils Technomancy, we are convinced of the essential good nature of its inhabitants. We ask that you speak with them for yourselves and use your own best judgement."

"Both the Lortmils Technomancy have been threatened by the Church of Shade, which has seized the City of Greyhawk. Based on the sending from the Eternal Empire of Kara Tur, they seem to be a cult or an otherwise outlawed organization. We ask that you judge the intent of the Lortmils for yourselves."

"Regardless of what shall happen, I make this promise to you which you can share with King Oberon and Queen Titania. Even if this technology is good and benefits the people of our lands, we will not despoil our lands. We are uncertain about this industrialization. If it is as portrayed by the message of the Wanderer, than it is no good to our world. Even if it is good, we shall set aside certain forests and glades to be pristine. The Seelie are ever welcome in our lands. Indeed, if you and your kindred left Oerth, the world would be a very dull place indeed."

"May Oberon and Titania honor you for your wisdom and your courage."

Sincerely,

Archcleric Hazen of Veluna
President of the Kevellond League
(Names of the rules of the member states.... and finally)
Lord William Ronald of Keoland,
Speaker for the Kevellond League
(As many of you in the aborted thread referred to me by my screen and real name, I created a character with the same name. To avoid confusion for you.)

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
THE NEWS

Well, this may be old news, but here it is:

Spies have confirmed this:

The Dark Union and Iuz have allied.

The Kingdom of Keoland, the Kevellond League, and the Coalition of Light and Shadow have allied.

The Church of Shade isn't quite as strong on Toril as Melkor is saying it is ...

BUT ...

It is MUCH stronger than you think it is, Forrester.
The hearts of men are easily corrupted, even on Toril.
I'd stay on my toes, if I were you, Forrester. Dismiss the Church of Shade as a nothing power, and they may soon be taking over.
Vigilance, not dismission of them, in your posts, is needed!

- - -

I have some news that will be interesting hearing for Kas.

Yes, Turrosh Mak has agreed to ferry your troops over to the Dark Union.

And, by the way, the Legions of Kas will have to stow away all your weapons and spell components, magical items and armor, belowdecks.
For the entire journey. No exceptions.

- - -

Some more news.
A number of minor (and some major) officials have just been killed in the Dark Union, and also in Ket.
Whoever killed them, got away, and scrying efforts to discover the assassins have failed.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads