(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 0 - The Sending of the Wanderer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serpenteye

First Post
The Olympic Games of Torture

are announced to be held in Jalpa in the Dark Union. Representatives to all races are invited for the interspecial and -national games of pain. The Baatezu, Yugoloth, Efreeti, Adri Elves and Aerdi Humans have already responded with interest. The victims of torture are selected from the rebellious citizens of all availible species.
The people of the Dark Union eagerly anticipate the competitions.

Investigations about the identity of the wanderer are begun.

Last edited:

Maudlin

First Post
Buried in the wet darkness of the Vast Swamp squats a city of Necromancers, with a sinister Tomb at its center. Deep, deep beneath the surface of that tomb, a cold and terrible mind is brooding, pondering, calculating, when the spark of the Sending intrudes on its thoughts.

Acererak beholds the images of Toril with growing interest. Immediately after, his mind's eye roams the continent.

He witnesses the Spelljammer ships converging on Oerth from the vastness of Greyspace.

He witnesses Vecna appearing at Tovag Baragu amid the boiling multitudes of his armies.

He witnesses the Shadow Empire, its forces tearing through the streets of the City of Greyhawk, offering its own sending.

He witnesses the Solistarim, in all its sinister discipline, organising the subversion of all other races.

He witnesses nations in turmoil and confusion, bracing for war.

He witnesses a total breakdown of all order on the planet, catalysed by the Wanderer's warning.

"Ah. The Signs prove true after all!" If it were possible for a fleshless skull to show glee, it would. "The Great Harvest begins."

Agents all across his dominion fall into spasms of rapture as he touches their minds in rapid succession, dealing out instructions, laying out plans.

--------------------------------

On the Tilvanot Peninsula, in the city of Hesuel Ilshar, the rumour spreads like wildfire. Korenth Zan, Father of Obedience, would make a public appearance for the first time in history!

To a massive audience of thousands, the mythical figure appears on a high balcony to deliver a stirring address.

"Countrymen, honoured Suel. We stand at the crux of our destiny! Not one but several foreign powers are staging an invasion of our world, and the other peoples mill around like witless cattle, powerless to stop them! We cannot rest at the sidelines! It is time for us finally to take up our legacy, and throw down these foul usurpers, old and new! It is time for us to take back what is ours! I have consulted with the Necromancer, and secured his aid in this .

It will not be an easy victory. Sacrifices will need to be made by all. We must transform our nation and our people. We must grow many and we must grow strong! The Homeland must be purified, and shielded from perverting outside influence. Henceforth, all women of pure blood are required to produce and raise one healthy son each year for the glory of our nation. All children between the ages of 8 and 16 will report to a representative of the newly formed Scarlet Youth, where they will get the training they need to serve their country and our great cause. The infirm and elderly will be terminated. They are weak and useless, and a drain on our resources. You may think these measures harsh, but consider the alternative! Our way of life would be trampled under the filthy boots of outsiders! Our culture lost! Our bloodlines destroyed!

We must rise to the occasion, your Country needs you! For the Homeland!"

--------------------------------

Meanwhile, throughout the Hepmonaland jungles, multitudes of cheering and shouting warriors amass from the previously scattered tribes. Under the clustered supervision of tall, red-robed men, they chant to their gods of death and war, an unstoppable human mass of frenzied violence.

Turrosh Mak

First Post
Re: The Olympic Games of Torture

Serpenteye said:
are announced to be held in Jalpa in the Dark Union. Representatives to all races are invited for the interspecial and -national games of pain. The Baatezu, Yugoloth, Efreeti, Adri Elves and Aerdi Humans have already responded with interest. The victims of torture are selected from the rebellious citizens of all availible species.

The Empire Of Pomarj respectivly declines your invitation, as we feel we would have an unfair advantage. Besides, we have more important things to worry about. Dirty Double crossing gnomes, for instance...

[occ: except to respond to direct inquires, threat, or discussion, I won't post anymore to this thread, so that those who have not yet had the chance to post may yet do so]

Last edited:

Zelda Themelin

First Post
"Thayadon Fasfoni, king of the sky-sea league, this is Elvor, Lord Baron of Rakik Troubled times we spoke of earlier seemed to have arrived. I am very worried for safety of my people. I wish to know if our trade agreement still holds, thought it might be, war soon arrives to these lands, and could we consider ourselves allies to some degree. Should I ask help from your people, would you respond favorable?"

Lord Baron Elvor, this still younthful man, seems very tired when saying this.

Elvor's messangers have joined into background of many meetings, but none of them are back yet. Elvor is anxious to get some more news. He recalls few friend of his adventuring father, but is a bit shy about contacting them. Why would those great men care for some young ruler of city in some northern cold lands.

Katha the Wanderer, ancient Suel witch of some reputation (and of unknown power) attempts to find ways to divane whoever this upstart Wanderer is.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]

Serpenteye said:
We have to decline this invitation; currently, there are much graver matters for us to attend.

kaboom

First Post
Thayadon Fasfoni, king of the sky-sea league, this is Elvor, Lord Baron of Rakik Troubled times we spoke of earlier seemed to have arrived. I am very worried for safety of my people. I wish to know if our trade agreement still holds, thought it might be, war soon arrives to these lands, and could we consider ourselves allies to some degree. Should I ask help from your people, would you respond favorable?"

If you wish for military aid we will give it to you gladly.

To everybody: messengers give you small mirrors identical to baron ratik's. With these you can contact me.

Serpenteye

First Post
Kaboom

Events seem to have out paced our negotiations. Are you still interested in an alliance?
Have you read my e-mail?

Last edited:

dagger

Adventurer
"To Thayadon Fasfoni, king of the sky-sea league, the Kingdom of Ulek and Free Council extend an offer of mutual defense."

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
ANSWERS TO MANY POSTS

Creamsteak wrote:

Sanctus Punitor states that Kas will die at MY BLADE! I will not allow anyone esle
to face him in single combat. There is nothing I can do about it now.

(OOC= Edena did you read my first post so that I can confirm that you know I am riding right?)

((I got it, Creamsteak. I am copying your posts, to determine the results on Turn 1.))

Darkness wrote:

BTW, the people from the Spirit Empire of Garnak fled, did I recall that right?

((Correct.))

If so, we take the utmost care of the refugee and have clerics counsel those who have problems with coming to terms what they have seen. Also, we gently question them in order to learn as much about what transpired - and what they faced - as possible.

((They fled their homes a month ago, because their Seers foresaw the coming of Kas and Vecna right in their homeland.
They are in the forests that used to be the Dry Steppes now.
They are massively dug in, with underground shelters and magical defenses, and all the men, and some of the women, have taken up arms and are in training.))

JohnBrown wrote:

(article noted)

((Reports come to Iuz that:

His forces are fully mobilized.
His Planar forces are flocking into Oerth by the thousands.
The Empire is at full battle-readiness.))

Turrosh Mak wrote:

in the sea holds, Kaiden begins conjuring the Dao and earth elementals to strengthen his defensive Line.

((Done. And they are arriving by the hundreds.))

The Gith call upon their brothers, the Githzerai to aid them.

((By the hundreds, the githzerai come. The sky is filled with Gith spelljammers.))

My agents in the Griff and Raker mountains begin organizing the various monsters there into functional (and semi-disiplined) armies. In droves they begin to Migrate towards the Dark Swamp...

((Noted. This was already in progress, so the Dark Swamp begins to fill rapidly.
In the Loftwood, the elves dig in, ready to sell their lives dearly.))

The Imperial Security force, Cinsisting manly of highly trained Goblin Blue Psions, are mobilized to keep an eye on potential enemies (ie everybody) via remote veiwing. They also try to learn who the mysterious being on the rock pillar was...

(ooc: do the Githzearai and my psions sence the presence of any powerfull psychic entities?)

((Yes. You are being scried by the Torilians, and several other Powers are attempting to scry you using magic of 5th through 9th level.))

Serpenteye wrote:

The Olympic Games of Torture

((I declare that this action gives Loviatar a presence on Oerth, for the first time.
A few of those in the Shadow Empire already worshipped her, and the Olympic Games of Pain are sufficient to make it possible for her to manifest here.
Which she does, and she will begin recruiting new people ...))

((Of course they do. War Fever and Blood Lust is sweeping the Dark Union. They want battle, destruction, and plunder, and they want it now.

Investigations about the identity of the wanderer are begun.

((These fail, for the moment.))

Maudlin

Buried in the wet darkness of the Vast Swamp squats a city of Necromancers, with a sinister Tomb at its center. Deep, deep beneath the surface of that tomb, a cold and terrible mind is brooding, pondering, calculating, when the spark of the Sending intrudes on its thoughts.

Acererak beholds the images of Toril with growing interest. Immediately after, his mind's eye roams the continent.

((And he sees one heck of a mess.))

He witnesses the Spelljammer ships converging on Oerth from the vastness of Greyspace.
He witnesses Vecna appearing at Tovag Baragu amid the boiling multitudes of his armies.
He witnesses the Shadow Empire, its forces tearing through the streets of the City of Greyhawk, offering its own sending.
He witnesses the Solistarim, in all its sinister discipline, organising the subversion of all other races.

((Actually, they are out to exterminate the other races, not subvert them.))

He witnesses nations in turmoil and confusion, bracing for war.
He witnesses a total breakdown of all order on the planet, catalysed by the Wanderer's warning.

((And by the Second Sending from the Shadow Empire, and the Third Sending by Hope Isle, and the Fourth Sending by Vecna.))

"Ah. The Signs prove true after all!" If it were possible for a fleshless skull to show glee, it would. "The Great Harvest begins."

Agents all across his dominion fall into spasms of rapture as he touches their minds in rapid succession, dealing out instructions, laying out plans.

On the Tilvanot Peninsula, in the city of Hesuel Ilshar, the rumour spreads like wildfire. Korenth Zan, Father of Obedience, would make a public appearance for the first time in history!

((The monks of the Scarlet Brotherhood never panicked. They alone did not. Too much self-discipline.))

((A long speech follows. Needless to say, the Scarlet Brotherhood is now going to full Wartime.))

Meanwhile, throughout the Hepmonaland jungles, multitudes of cheering and shouting warriors amass from the previously scattered tribes. Under the clustered supervision of tall, red-robed men, they chant to their gods of death and war, an unstoppable human mass of frenzied violence.

((Yes, they do. They do just that. The Sending of the Wanderer has made the mentality, already bad in Hempmonaland, even worse.))

Turrosh Mak said:

The Empire Of Pomarj respectivly declines your invitation, as we feel we would have an unfair advantage. Besides, we have more important things to worry about. Dirty Double crossing gnomes, for instance...

((Heh. I would think the Emperor of the Dark Union would be insulted by this reply.))

Zelda Themelin

((Is speaking to Thayadon, King of the Sky-Sea League. This is done in secret, and is not known IC by anyone.))

((Zelda, the barbarians aren't exactly united, but they are enraged by the depraved scenes they saw in the Sending of the Wanderer, and quite willing to unite to stop these depraved Torilian monsters from invading Oerth. They would even be willing to go to war against Toril, to stamp out such depravity and monstrousness.))

Darkness

We have to decline this invitation; currently, there are much graver matters for us to attend.

((Serpenteye, your Emperor is being insulted! Surely he won't take these insults lying down??!))

kaboom

First Post

We would be honored to join you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases