WOTC/Wizkids Miniatures - Icons of the Realm set 3

zoroaster100

First Post
Has any information been released about this set other than the case incentive is a white dracolich? Do we know yet if there is a theme, and whether the theme is related to the Out of the Abyss story line?

I don't understand why there is so little marketing or even basic info released about these miniatures. I would very likely buy a case of each when pre-order specials become available from online retailers, but no information is available about the sets until pre-order specials expire, which leads to be just picking an choosing a few miniatures after the fact instead of buying a case. The lack of info is hurting their sales with me. I wish they would at least release the theme, and preferable leak a few of the standout miniatures in a set with some advance notice to help potential customers decide whether to buy a case.

Agreed. This lack of info / images causes me to doubt their own confidence level in their product. Set comes out Aug 28th. Undead White Dragon as promo piece. That is it.

Trolling Alert- No wonder Pathfinder is so much better

Mepher

Adventurer
Well they launched their new mini line with Tyranny of Dragons which coincided with the Tyranny of Dragons storyline. Set 2 was Elemental Evil which coincided with their Temple of Elemental Evil story line. Their next story line is Rage of Demons which is set to launch in Fall 2015 so I would venture a guess that Rage of Demons will be Set 3.

http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/news/rageofdemons

According to Previews, the next set is in August. I assume it will be fiend based also but with no info or support its just a guess.

Mepher

Adventurer
Well the Tyranny of Dragons mini line launched in July of 2014, the first module in that series was Hoard of the Dragon Queen which didn't launch until August 19th. I expect the same here. Their release schedule seems to be following this pattern. I would assume this set will include lots of Underdark stuff. Drow, Derro, Duergar, Svirfneblin, Beholders, Ropers, Myconids, Hook Horrors, Spiders, probably another Drizzt model, maybe Guenhwyvar. There is a lot they can include.

thalmin

Retired game store owner
This set releases today, and contains 55 figures in total, including the "invisibles", which this time are numbered from 51 to 55.
Figures numbered 34-49 are rare, and the White Dracolich, number 50, is the non-random case-incentive mini.

Remove ads