[June 2015] What are you reading?

delericho

Legend
I'm currently 57 pages into the 5e DMG, which continues to impress. I expect to have that done some time late this month.

I'm also about a quarter of the way through the latest Pathfinder Tale, "Forge of Ashes" by Josh Vogt. It's very much like most others in the series - a decent enough read but not exactly a world-beater. Next up will be "Middlemarch" by George Eliot, and then probably "The Silkworm" by Robert Galbraith (JK Rowling). (I may have mentioned reading that before. If so, I never got around to it.)

I also have a book on software architecture that I really should get around to reading. Doubtful whether I will or not, though...

What about you?

And, as an aside: is it worth continuing with these monthly threads, or would it be better to have a single ongoing thread for people to post to as they see fit?

Currently reading Days of Rage: America's Radical Underground, the FBI, and the Forgotten Age of Revolutionary Violence by Bryan Burrough. So far it's very interesting,I've manged to learn a number of new things about the early times of movements like the SDS, Black Panthers and the Weathermen so far.

Sgurr

Villager
I never read anything by Ed Greenwood before, so I started reading Spellstorm by him. I'm approx 1/3 into in by now. Not sure it'll be my fav book ever, but still, I get a lot of Realms goodies to use when DMing.. :D

In parallel I am finishing reading Cirkeln by Mats Strandberg and Sara Bergmark Elfgren. That one was better than expected, but still not sure I will continue reading the two other books in the trilogy.

And.. I am always re-reading the Harry Potter books. I'm currently reading Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. :)

And, as an aside: is it worth continuing with these monthly threads, or would it be better to have a single ongoing thread for people to post to as they see fit?
Personally, I think monthly threads are good!

Jhaelen

First Post
I finally finished 'the Peripheral' by William Gibson yesterday, and started with 'The Martian' by Andy Weir today. Quite a different style that (at least for the moment) I find very refreshing!

Looking back, while I'm not always enthusiastic about Gibson's stories, he always seems to be at the cutting edge of technology or at least technological trends. I've watched a documentation on the latest generation of robots (mostly created in Japan) and recognized several concepts that are featured in the novel. Especially, the telepresence robots (google it!) that inspired the title.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases