DM/GMs- Most memorable Villians/Anagontists you've created.

Ealli

First Post
My party's current great villain was more of an accident. They interrupted a hired assassain (little 'a', I think he is actually a ninja) called Blackknife who was attempting to steal an item from the party's host. Blackknife swatted them aside and left, so now they have sworn bloody revenge on him, and I had only intended for him to appear that once. Now I guess I have to work him into the story line more, oh well. Could be interesting if I pit him against the bastion of law that has also annoyed the party, see what the party does.

Schmoe

Adventurer
For my most memorable antagonist, I probably have to go back to 1st edition, when I was running a campaign during college. The players were low level (2-3) and the antagonist was Hkut, a goblin fighter/magic-user. In a time when classed monsters were rare, Hkut stood out. He dressed in fine martial clothing and had an air of confidence and authority about him. He wasn't used to being disobeyed, and he had no problem using deadly force to make his point.

When the PC's had surrendered to the Hkut's goblin forces (after a long, drawn-out battle) and one of the characters refused to relinquish his weapon, Hkut cooly forced the issue with a Burning Hands spell.

To make a long story short, the party managed to escape, but they couldn't forget their humiliation at the hands of the cocky, 4' tall goblin. They returned to the temple and managed to catch Hkut in the open with few reinforcements. The battle was furious, but the party had the upper hand. As Hkut's life hung by a thread, he took one last action - one he had been saving for just such a moment, and one which embodied his spiteful disdain for all non-goblins: he cast a ground-zero fireball. The explosion killed two of the party, destroyed his own spellbook (which the mage had been drooling over), and destroyed several of the party's own items. Even in defeat, Hkut had managed to humiliate them.

That was freshman year, but the group talked about Hkut with loathing and grudging respect until the day we graduated. He had truly come to life in their eyes.

*wipes tear from his eye*

Anyway, for whatever reason I haven't had a villain since Hkut leave quite the same lasting impression as that cocky little bastard.

Henry@home

First Post
Hand of Evil said:
The noble mother of one of the player characters. She wanted the best for her son, did not like the people he was hanging with, wanted him to marry and settle down!

Hand of Evil, that is a truly inspired idea for a villain. My DM hat's off to you. Henry takes out his Miner's Pick and gets to work.

...As for my own villain, my best has had to be the party themselves! To make the story short, one of the rogues in the party rose high within the thieves' guild to be head of the guild of a city. Half of the party secretly belonged to this guild - except for the Paladin of the group and a couple of the fighters, who belonged to the city watch!!! (The paladin was the City Constable!)

Those sessions were really weird at times, I must say, because the party was collaborating together over how to best break up each other's organizations! It's hard to say how much of those sessions I actually got to participate in, and I was the DM. :)

Ruined

Explorer
Mine's turning out to be Ramander the Wise, a gent who got less than a paragraph of information in the Planescape Uncaged book. He's a fairly powerful wizard (lvl 14) in Sigil that's dead-set to obtain control of as many portals as he can. Which is kinda against the law, but he's using the law to accomplish it.

The players have a building that has a portal to the fortress where they reside. It's a kept secret, but it can (and was) uncovered. They denied Ramander entrance to their building, as he was just checking around, and he was angered. So, while they slept in their fortress overnight, he entered the building and used high magicks to seal the portal. Morning came, and they couldn't return to Sigil through their normal route. Enter several angry adventures trying to get back to the city of doors.

Now they want to jack him up, but he's using legal methods as a shield. Last session they had their first face-to-face confrontation with him in a while. Very intense, lots of fun. They're putting the screws to him, but they'd better not count him out yet.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases