Advanced Magic the Gathering Player, Wanting to Improve

vulcan_idic

Explorer
I watched MtG being played in high school (1993-1996) and I started playing in 1996 or 1997 in college. I've collected and/or played with varying frequency throughout the intervening years at a casual level. I think I've gotten fairly good and have quite a collection of decks that I've built from a decently sizable collection over a number of years. I want to try to improve if I can... within the last few years I've met some really good players and I'd like to step up my game. Certain aspects of play - in game, i'm reading some Magic Theory articles on and trying to improve my play efficiency. What I'd like to do here, with as great a community as this seems to be, is ask for some feedback on my decks, how they are built, how I can improve my deck building in general.

Some of my favorite decks are posted on MtG Vault at: http://www.mtgvault.com/vulcanidic/

Any thoughts? Thank you!

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I was always a rogue player. Some of my stuff sucked, some of my stuff was demon-ninja scary.

My advice is experiment. Test your stuff against hot winning decks. Know the environment you're playing in.

If you can, scout the other players. Just like with poker, players will have tendencies, tells, habits, and other routines they'll fall into that will make them easier to play.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases