Making A Custom Gaming Table

A chap named Jan-Oliver Ohloff from Germany has shown off some photographs of his fantastic new gaming table. It contains a 40-inch plasma TV and (apart from the actual TV) was built by hand. It cost around 400 euros ($450) in total - 100 euros for the used plasma TV, and 300 for the materials.

A chap named Jan-Oliver Ohloff from Germany has shown off some photographs of his fantastic new gaming table. It contains a 40-inch plasma TV and (apart from the actual TV) was built by hand. It cost around 400 euros ($450) in total - 100 euros for the used plasma TV, and 300 for the materials.

t1.jpg

t2.jpg

t3.jpg

There are also some photographs from the building process.

b1.jpg

b2.jpg

b3.jpg

b4.jpg

b4.jpg

machineelf

Explorer
Out of curiosity. Those of you playing on a digital map, which way do you use to conceal the parts of the map that the party hasnt seen yet?

I've seen someone put a second layer on top of the map that is just white haze that obscures the map. Whenever the adventurers go into a new area, you can just erase the haze from the top layer, reveling that part of the map underneath. It seemed like a simple and smart solution.

Durgrumm

First Post
Last edited by a moderator:

Maul

Explorer
I know I'm reviving a thread but I just started looking into making a DnD table, would you be willing to part ways with your specs (dimensions), materials used and basic blueprint of how you put it together? It's once of the nicer ones I've seen. Was going to send you a PM, but I need 5 posts first :-D

I am willing to sell you my game table......otherwise, i dont ever really document the dimensions.

Remove ads

Remove ads