Pathfinder 1E [IC] Pathfinder: Giantslayer

G

Guest 11456

Giantslayer Adventure Path [IC]:

Player - Character:
Kaodi - giantblood ranger (infiltrator/skirmisher)
Fenris - fey changling rogue
perrinmiller - lesser aasimar oracle
Scotley - demi-pixie arcanist

OOC
RG

Note: When I first mention a location I will put the location number in parenthesis so that you can easily locate it on the map from the player's guide.

Last night Alguhn, Caitlin, Lily and Thom met at the Ramblehouse (4). Thom and Lily, being the two Trunau native, had seen the newcomers and had invited them to dinner as Thom was always wanting to talk to strangers to the town and these two were stranger then any he had seen in some time. Lily was always willing to meet newcomers. They also gave the Fey Changeling the feeling that at last there were more like himself. Lily likewise had a feeling that they would all become fast friends. As the conversation continued the subject of the hopeknifes around the necks of many of the townsfolk came up. Thom told them that in fact there was a hopeknife ceremony tomorrow night and that they could witness it themselves. Lily suggested that the four of them meet here at the Ramblehouse late in the afternoon the next day.

Fast forward to the today about 4:30 p.m.:
Thom and Lily meet Alguhn and Caitlin at the Ramblehouse. The four head over to the Commons (8) where the ceremony will take place.
Jubilation fills the evening air in the normally staid town of Trunau, for it is the twelfth birthday of the Chief Defender’s youngest daughter, Ruby, and the townsfolk have been preparing all day for the ceremony and festivities to follow. A throng of spectators has amassed at the town Commons; the buzz of the crowd subsides as the weathered town leader, Halgra of the Blackened Blades, takes the stage and begins to speak. Prominent figures Kurst and Rodrik Grath, the two eldest sons of Patrol Leader Jagrin Grath, flank the stage on either side.
“Thank you all for joining us this night. I take immense pride in my responsibility as Chief Defender, especially when it comes to the honor of the hopeknife ceremony. It is always a great privilege to bequeath Trunauan youths their hopeknives as they come of age.” Halgra stops speaking long enough to open an ornamental case and retrieve a slender, ornately decorated dagger hanging from a silver chain. “But tonight is a special occasion, for the recipient of this hopeknife is none other than my youngest daughter.” Once again, Halgra pauses, but this time she turns to talk to the child beside her.
“Ruby, by the traditions of our town, you have come of age. This hopeknife represents your responsibilities as an adult and defender of Trunau. You must be willing to use it on yourself, your fellow Trunauans, and your family—even me, should it come to that. It will be a far quicker death than that which the orcs will offer, and providing it is your duty. Do you swear to guard Trunau from all comers, and to use your hopeknife only for its intended purpose?” Ruby—dusky skinned, black haired, and painfully shy—nods her head in response to her mother’s question.
“If the orcs come, and there is no other option, this is where you cut—here, here, and here.” Halgra demonstrates which arteries to sever while Ruby watches. When she is finished, Halgra sheathes the hopeknife and places the necklace around Ruby’s neck before turning back to address the crowd.
“Tonight, Ruby becomes a full member of our community! Let us welcome her, and celebrate her passage into adulthood! Trunau forever!” The crowd echoes Halgra’s last words in unison, signaling the end of the ceremony.
At this point Thom turns to his new friends to explain the next part of the ceremony. "Now the crowd will transition to the ceremony’s more lighthearted festivities, including a number of games in which Ruby, the guest of honor, is the key player. The first game is a tug-of-war, which traditionally pits the hopeknife receiver against Trunau’s best defenders. For the past several years, Kurst and Rodrik Grath have taken on this role alongside several other members of Trunau’s militia."
Sure enough Kurst and Rodrik step forward and Rodrik announces in a loud voice, "It is time for the tug-of-war! Ruby? Choose your team. I think four should be enough." An awkward child, Ruby takes a hard look at the crowd before making her choice. Ruby spots Thom and Lily with two people she does not recognize. She speaks up, "Thom, Lily and those two!" The crowd cheers and ushers the four of you onto the stage so that you can help the young Ruby win her first game as an adult.
The two teams line up. The Graths' team is on the right side of the stage and Ruby's team is on the left. A rope is strung across the stage and both teams grab the rope. There is 30 feet of rope between the two teams and a center mark is struck. Ruby's team makes a good showing pulling the Graths' team a total of ten feet. But then the other team pulls back five feet. Then Ruby's team pulls the others another ten feet and it looks like Ruby is definitely going to win. Then both teams pull hard and at first no ground is made. But then the Graths' team pulls back for a total of ten feet. It is starting to look bad for Ruby's team. But then her team pulls hard and pulls the Graths' team across the line. Ruby's team has won. The Graths bow to the obviously better team and smile at you four as well. The crowd cheers and several people carry Ruby off to another part of the celebration. This allows the four of you to catch your breath. A number of people come by and pat you on the backs while exclaiming "Good job!"

What do you want to do now?

Fenris

Adventurer
"I haven't seen the Grath's beaten in quite a while" says Thom. "Does them good though, it will make them practice more. But you two will get some questions about joining the militia after that performance." he adds with a wink.

Kaodi

Hero
Alguhn grins sheepishly and scratches the back on his head, saying in his characteristically deep voice, "I am afraid my ego would have been mightily bruised had we lost that competition. Practice might make perfect, but I must weigh more stone than those brothers put together, and with the muscle to boot."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Caitlin Faragone, Lesser Aasimar Oracle

SierraAvatar_zps241e3c9d.jpg

Caitlin had been surprised when Ruby had selected her to enter the tugging contest. She was not a weak woman, but still well-toned and stronger than average she guessed. But it was even more surprising when Lily was picked. Weight played an equal part of such things, but then the large man of Alguhn was the equalizer and true contestant. The oracle felt that Ruby had a discerning eye for things and took a chance that oversized man would be worth more than two people and the little fairy woman was just an added bonus like herself and Thom.

Caitlin smiled, "I agree with you there, Alguhn. She selected the four of us because of you. The rest of us were only to make the contest appear to be fair not a one-sided victory. The young woman chose well."

"What happens now in these festivities? Do we follow and celebrate with the others?"
She nodded in the direction they had carted Ruby off in.

[sblock=STAT BLOCK]Caitlin Faragone - Sheet
AC: 19 (17 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 9/9
CMB: +1 CMD: 13

Fort: +1 Reflex: +2 Will: +3
Perception: +7 Sense Motive: +5
Initiative: +6 (Roll 2x, take better result)

Current Weapon in Hand: None
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Spells Available: 1st (4/4)
Orisons (Resistance, Guidance, Stabilize, Create Water, Enhanced Diplomacy, Mage Hand, Ghost Sound)
1st Level (Bless, Cure Light Wounds, Shield of Faith) [/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
Lily.jpg

"Now don't count me out just because of my size,"
announces Lily petulantly. She flaps her wings stirring up a tiny breeze. "I might not have big muscles and bulk like Alguhn, but I've got wind power as well as arm strength."

She nods at Caitlin, "We do indeed go with the others. This party is just getting started!" She flies a couple of loops around their group in excitement.

[sblock=STAT BLOCK]Lily
AC: 17 (12 flat-footed, 17 touch)
HP: 7/7
CMB: -2 CMD: 13

Fort: 0 Reflex: +5 Will: +3
Perception: +1 Sense Motive: +1
Initiative: +5

Current Weapon in Hand: Longspear
Spells memorized: Cantrips (unlimited) (DC14)--Light, Prestidigitation, Acid Splash, Mage Hand
Level 1 (3x day)(DC15)--Color Spray, Mage Armor

Spell-like abilities (1/day @ character level) - comprehend languages, detect magic, detect poison, read magic
Arcane Reservoir 3/4
[/sblock]

G

Guest 11456

It IS just a big party at this point. Please state what you wish for your characters to do during the party. Also please include your stat blocks at the end of your post as some are already doing. Ruby is off doing other activities.

Fenris

Adventurer
"Well now, I think our victory calls for a drink yes?" suggests Thom.

[sblock=Stat Block]
Thom
AC: 16 (12 flat-footed, 14 touch)
CMB: +0 CMD: 14

Fort: +1 Reflex: +7 Will: +3
Perception: +5 Sense Motive: +5
Initiative: +6

Current Weapon in Hand: Shortsword
Spelllike abilities: 1/day: Comprehend Languages, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Read Magic
1/day: Invisibility

[/sblock]

Fenris

Adventurer
Thom laughs, "Yes and food, no doubt in plentiful quantities yes?"

[sblock=Stat Block]
Thom
AC: 16 (12 flat-footed, 14 touch)
CMB: +0 CMD: 14

Fort: +1 Reflex: +7 Will: +3
Perception: +5 Sense Motive: +5
Initiative: +6

Current Weapon in Hand: Shortsword
Spelllike abilities: 1/day: Comprehend Languages, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Read Magic
1/day: Invisibility

[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Caitlin Faragone, Lesser Aasimar Oracle

SierraAvatar_zps241e3c9d.jpg

Caitlin was not one to turn away free food and drink as part of the festivities. She was not sure how long she would be staying until the next caravan hiring would be departing, so she was glad to have an opportunity to conserve her own funds.

While they were enjoying themselves, she asked the two locals, "How often do these coming of age ceremonies take place? Is the young woman the only one this season, or do they all gain their hopeknife when the reach a fixed number of years and moons old?"

[sblock=STAT BLOCK]Caitlin Faragone - Sheet
AC: 19 (17 flat-footed, 12 touch)
CMB: +1 CMD: 13

Fort: +1 Reflex: +2 Will: +3
Perception: +7 Sense Motive: +5
Initiative: +6 (Roll 2x, take better result)

Current Weapon in Hand: None
Spells Available: 1st (4/4)
Orisons (Resistance, Guidance, Stabilize, Create Water, Enhanced Diplomacy, Mage Hand, Ghost Sound)
1st Level (Bless, Cure Light Wounds, Shield of Faith) [/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases