D&D 5E [5e] Witcher: Mother of Monsters

Disposable Hero

First Post
Is there a waiting list for this game currently? If so I'd like to be added. I'm not too familiar with this setting but I'd give it a once over and get a handle on it.

Jaxon

First Post
Hello, I'd like to throw my name in the ring for a waiting list spot as well. This game is a major reason I just created this account. Happy gaming!

Quickleaf

Legend
Is there a waiting list for this game currently? If so I'd like to be added. I'm not too familiar with this setting but I'd give it a once over and get a handle on it.

Hello, I'd like to throw my name in the ring for a waiting list spot as well. This game is a major reason I just created this account. Happy gaming!

Thanks for you interest. I can put together a wait list...

Currently we do have a full party of 6 PCs:
  • Barakor Bloodbarrow, dwarven paladin from Mahakam
  • Tamaran, wood elven scout of the Scioa'tael
  • Talashia, human sorceress (source) of the storm
  • Elora Vasesso, half-elven sorceress (source) with elder blood
  • Fergus Llew Gawain, witcher of the griffon
  • Kynee, witcheress of the cat

Though it has been a while since we've heard from [MENTION=93196]Axel[/MENTION] (playing Kynee)...hey man, are you out there?

Generally, I do a bit of light screening for my games. If you'd like to be put on the wait list, please answer these questions:
  1. How would you briefly describe yourself as a player? What do you enjoy most about the game?
  2. What's your familiarity with the Witcher setting - books, games, comics, something else? What's your favorite thing about this setting?
  3. Have you perused my PDF campaign guide (linked in the original post)?
  4. Have you read a little of our actual play? If not, I recommend you do (link in the original post). Did it strike you as being aligned with your own play style?
  5. Are you comfortable in a game which emphasizes role-playing over roll-playing, presents dilemmas for you to resolve as players, and uses house rules to reinforce the setting?
  6. And do you have any examples of your role-playing on ENWorld or other boards?

Last edited:

Disposable Hero

First Post
Thanks for you interest. I can put together a wait list...

Generally, I do a bit of light screening for my games. If you'd like to be put on the wait list, please answer these questions:
  1. How would you briefly describe yourself as a player? What do you enjoy most about the game?
  2. What's your familiarity with the Witcher setting - books, games, comics, something else? What's your favorite thing about this setting?
  3. Have you perused my PDF campaign guide (linked in the original post)?
  4. Have you read a little of our actual play? If not, I recommend you do (link in the original post). Did it strike you as being aligned with your own play style?
  5. Are you comfortable in a game which emphasizes role-playing over roll-playing, presents dilemmas for you to resolve as players, and uses house rules to reinforce the setting?

1. I wouldn't say I was a min/max kinda guy but if I can get away with dumping a stat and justifying it, I will. Say you have a barbarian, he's not used to being around 'civilized' people so who cares about Charisma. In home games I'd let Strength based characters with low Charisma use Strength over Charisma for Intimidation rolls, Diplomacy stayed Charisma. I play the game for the love of imagination! Where else can you slay goblins, orcs, and of course DRAGONS!!!!! Or perhaps espionage is more your play, spy on the king and his ilk, sell the information to the highest bidder and watch the realm BURN!!!!

2. As I said above, I've played the first game briefly and I've been looking to get Wild Hunt when I get some extra cash. The biggest draw for me is the monster hunting aspect of the realm and as far as I can tell it's a dark setting.

3. I downloaded the PDF campaign guide and gave it a once over to see what it's all about.

4. I've recently glanced over the first two pages and it reads well. It agrees with me, yes.

5. Without a story the game would just be Monopoly or Clue. I'm good with a story driven game of D&D. Solving dilemmas with your fellow players is another great part of the game, not everyone thinks the same. I'm 100% with house, see #1.

Did I miss one somehow?
6. This is the best I could do. [sblock]http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?326415-Pathfinder-mazzoli-s-Kingmaker-IC[/sblock]

I'll be on the look out for a heads up and in the meantime I'll read over the guide you left and get a character concept together. I very much like crafting a good background.

Last edited:

Quickleaf

Legend
Thanks for the reminder [MENTION=8058]Queenie[/MENTION]! Since [MENTION=93196]Axel[/MENTION] hasn't been around in months and didn't give word, I'm willing to open up two more slots for you guys [MENTION=6693285]Disposable Hero[/MENTION] and [MENTION=6874206]Jaxon[/MENTION] if you're still interested?

Remove ads