GAME OF THRONES #10:Mother's Mercy ACT12 /2015-Season Finale

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
Mother's Mercy

Stannis begins to march; Dany is surrounded by strangers; Cersei seeks forgiveness; Jon is Challenged.

GOTS.jpg

Last edited:

Similar to what happens in the book, but less surprising. I think the events in the book take you more by surprise than the show. There is still a lot of good stuff missing from the books. Hopefully they come back to some of the events that they skipped out on with the Greyjoys.

Nah. Only Meryn Trant and unnamed folks.

Jon Snow will be resurrected by Melisandre.
Brienne didn't kill Stannis.
Theon and Sansa landed in a snow drift.
Jaime Lannister's da-NEICE will survive when they turn around and go back to shore to get a cure.
Stannis's wife is just resting.

Joker

First Post
Ah man, that Hardhome battle and those CGI dragons cost a lot of money. We're gonna have to cut costs somewhere.

Hey, it's the three S's. Selyse, Shireen and Stannis, we've got some good news. You're all gonna meet the Lord of Light. Yeah, exciting, isn't it. But, it's more of an abstract encounter soooo...we won't be needing you anymore. Yeah, so...bye.

Merynt, mah man. You're a kiddie fiddler. You're out.

Arya's eyes, take a break next season. Now we only have to pay her 95%.

Myranda, come and say Happy Birthday to the ground!!

*megaphone voice* EXTRAS!! We're filming the next season in a cardboard box. So throw some crap on Cersei, wiggle your bits in front of her and then make your way to the nearest exit.

Mountain, welcome back. No speaky though. Costs less that way.

Myrcella, great development. Very emotional. I can see it drained you. Here, have some water. Don't mind the weird color.

Jon, good to see you. We got around to discussing your request for a raise. Request denied.

Shoot, what's the body count on this series up to? That last episode added a couple thousand, I think.

Though there's been some good storytelling recently, I do question the "Let's take a trip to Dorne to kill off a side character" decision.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Nah. Only Meryn Trant and unnamed folks.

Brienne didn't kill Stannis.
Theon and Sansa landed in a snow drift.
Jaime Lannister's da-NEICE will survive when they turn around and go back to shore to get a cure.
Stannis's wife is just resting.

Actually, the one thing I noticed is that most of the scenes seemed to end prematurely. Like seriously, I think the only two people we can guarantee are dead are Stannis's wife and the guy Arya killed. Everyone else it's like "And they de- no, we're not going to actually show their death because that means we can't bring them back. Jon we'll just let linger for an extra few moments to make you think he's dead, but we're still not going to confirm or deny ANYTHING!"

And where did Sansa and Theron jump to. "I'm sorry, Sansa, I've finally come to my senses and have decided to save you... by committing suicide together!" Like I imagine the guard is like 'Where is Sansa? Oy, is that her and Theon lying broken and bloody on the ground outside just the wall? Wonder how they fell outside and the other chick fell inside. Strange, oh well. Pick them up!'

GMMichael

Guide of Modos
Agreed, but I don't remember this from the book. Do I have some re-reading to do, or is this just another reason why GRRM won't contribute to season 6? Maybe it's supposed to be another reason for Jon to fall for Melisandre, besides her excellent Ygritte impersonation?

Agreed, but I don't remember this from the book. Do I have some re-reading to do, or is this just another reason why GRRM won't contribute to season 6? Maybe it's supposed to be another reason for Jon to fall for Melisandre, besides her excellent Ygritte impersonation?
No, it's not in the books... yet. My guess is that it'll be in book six, which will be finally finished towards the end of 2076.

Remove ads