Chicago Gameday Planning Thread

MattyHelms

First Post
April has rolled around and it's time to start planning the next big Chicago Gameday!!! As promised when Mark retired from running these, I would like to keep to the same schedule Mark had established - February, June, and November. The philosophy remains the same; the Gameday stands as a chance for us ENWorld posters to get together and game in person. Games Plus will be hosting, so make sure to thank Curt and Jeff for opening their doors to us again!

Let's not start proposing games yet. Right now, I would like to get a feel for what date is good for everybody and then we'll start scheduling from there.

The tentative date for the next ENWorld Chicago Gameday is June 21st.

How is the 21st for everybody? After talking with Curt at Games Plus, this seems to be the best Saturday in June to do it. The 4th and 28th are not possibilities, unfortunately, but the 14th is. The problem with the 14th, however, is that the 15th is Father's Day, which may have an effect on turnout. There are some Saturdays in May which are possibilities, but I'd really like to try and stick with June.

Lets start a vote - How is June 21st for everyone for the next ENWorld Chicago Gameday?

Thanks,
Matt

P.S. - if anyone would like to help out with badges, prizes, food, etc., please drop me a PM or an e-mail (or better yet, post here!)

Eridanis

Bard 7/Mod (ret) 10/Mgr 3
I vote "aye" for 21June. I have a wonderful wife who enjoys baking, so I'm sure I can bring some (non-cat-fecal-shaped) goodies that day. :)

Last edited:

buzz

Adventurer
MattyHelms said:
April has rolled around and it's time to start planning the next big Chicago Gameday!!!

Really? It's still March here in Naperville. :)

June 21st seems like a good date to me.

Is this going to be another combined ENWorld/RPG.net game day? The combo is cool.

Pbartender

First Post
Personally, I can't make it on the 21st. I'm scheduled to work that weekend. The 14th I can make.

But please don't let me be the sole deciding factor. If, for some reason, the 21st is a better day for everyone else, stick with it.

MattyHelms

First Post
Re: Re: Chicago Gameday Planning Thread

buzz said:

Really? It's still March here in Naperville. :)

June 21st seems like a good date to me.

Is this going to be another combined ENWorld/RPG.net game day? The combo is cool.

Yup, my ability to read a calendar is exactly why we're voting on the day :)

It will not be a combined Game Day like the last one. I will post about it at RPG.net, but cannot devote the time to organize for both sites. If you're volunteering, though... :)

Personally, I can't make it on the 21st. I'm scheduled to work that weekend. The 14th I can make.

Now that stinks, Pbartender. I was hoping you'd run your crazy d20 Modern world you told me about at the last Gameday. Time to find a new job. :)

The 21st isn't set in stone, so we'll see how it plays out.

Thanks,
Matt

The 21st is good!

Eridanis said:
so I'm sure I can bring some (non-cat-fecal-shaped) goodies that day. :)
Hey, I didn't bring any last time I went to a Chicago Gameday!

I'll try to think of something fun, yet less repulsive, to bring in June. :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases