DRAGON+ #2

aramis erak

Legend
1 out of 5 rating for DRAGON+ #2

For whatever reason, this one has some apparently interesting content that I cannot read. The scrolling is broken on the Edtior's Letter, the Ed Greenwoid interview, nor the full comic. Two others are similarly broken.

Zaran

Adventurer

People keep telling me that this App isn't for those of us who read the website and news sites constantly about D&D and we shouldn't expect more a series of ads from a free app. Maybe so but when there is hardly any support for a game that everyone is loving, it's not that surprising that I would want more from something called Dragon.Even if I had no idea what was coming out for D&D and I would have grown frustrated with the crashing and slow loading that I would probably have given up on it. I will say that at least the search feature seems to function now but it works more like an index than a true search function. I can look up Sword Coast and it will give good results but if I look up "monastery" which I now is talked about in the first issue it comes up blank.What gets me is most of this stuff I can get straight from the web site which is mostly smartphone friendly. If there were other things coming out for the hobby I wouldn't care so much but when the only apples from the orchard are rotten then people are going to complain.

MartyW

Explorer

Who know what's going on with this update, but the app is horrendously unstable. Freezes constantly requiring a force quit action (double-click the home button on iPad/iPhone).

As for content, it's about on par with Issue #1 except there isn't a single useful article for the tabletop D&D player. The entire issue is a promotion for the online games and virtual tabletop. The only somewhat interesting piece is the Ed Greenwood interview.

The rest is the same kind of advertorial content contained in Issue #1. I said it before and I'll say it again. A free turd is still a turd.

Full review can be read at my blog, but in short, Dragon+ is crap. If I could give 0 stars, I would.
http://ragingowlbear.blogspot.com/2015/06/dragon-issue-2-review-spoiler-alert.html

Last edited:

alfarobl

Explorer

Wish Dragon+ was a real magazine in PDF with real articles instead of marketing material that provides no real help to D&D gamers. If first issue was poor this one goes lower in quality. Sorry wish it was different or better.

Henry

Autoexreginated

I really don't have much to add. I downloaded it hoping for some improvement, and other than maybe that short story no actual content yet again. More of the same, so I give up. Read the Dragon+ #1 review for full details.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
3 out of 5 rating for DRAGON+ #2

I think this thing does exactly what is says in the tin - provides info about upcoming D&D products (meaning the RPG, novels, video games, etc.) in app format.

Queer Venger

Dungeon Master is my Dad
5 out of 5 rating for DRAGON+ #2

Its an app. Its media for Wizards to promote D&D. Its not a magazine, its called Dragon +. Its essentially like Flipbook but for D&D. I like it becase I get it, I enjoy the articles and the ads, the comic strips are a nice touch and the presentation is excitingly clever.

Scrivener of Doom

Adventurer

WotC cannot do digital. There, I said it. They cannot do it in-house. They cannot manage to outsource it. They just cannot do it. The non-ad content is poor which is actually a plus because, if the content was useful, then you would be even more annoyed because there's no way to download it as, say, a PDF that you could then actually store and use. The app itself is basically a great way to force you to restart your tablet when it hangs... and who doesn't love having to re-download issues that you have downloaded before. I've given it two issues but now it's getting deleted. DRAGON- is its real name.

Remove ads