Raptor Cuirass

Masked

First Post
You might remember this armor from bazaar of the bizzare. I want to include it in the future of my game and need input on converting it. So ... what is the consensus on the 3e equivalents of:

Fly for up to 10 turns (movement 15, class B, supports 500 lbs)

Talons: 1d4+1 Slashing Damage, + Type P poison with onset time of 1-3 rounds, saving throw vs. poison at -4.

Speak with animals?

Gust of wind?

Create a whirlwind?

The armor hollows out your bones ... for each 7 days of wearing ... save vs. polymorph, -1 penalty for for each extra week. Lose 1 point of strength for each failure.

What is a Movanic Deva? Apparently if you bathe the armor in 100 of them, it is destroyed.

Hopefully with this example I'll be able to work on the others from the article.

Thanks.

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
Devas are celestial beings, ranking just below Planetars. They are, for ease of identification, angels. They appeared in the 1e Monster Manual II, and I'm sure they showed up in 2e somewhere, likely Planescape. Do you mean the blood of 100 of them? That would be pretty tough to get.

Carnifex

First Post
Yep, movanic (and monadic and astral) devas are detailed in Planescape. Getting the blood of a hundred would not only difficult but it would also make you a pretty wanted target for any celestials from then on.

Wolfspider

Explorer
Hmmm....it doesn't say you have to KILL the devas to obtain their blood. I imagine if someone thought that the armor was evil enough to destroy, the he or she might convince a powerful good deity to allow the use of his deva army for a bit....

Interesting armor, by the way. I'm still mulling over how to convert it.

Remove ads