Pathfinder 1E Mynhear's Bane

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Your time spent in the library is fruitful. Melisande is able to obtain a map - or at least get to look at one - of the area around the Northern Rhat'matanis gate. Although most think of Rhat'matanis as a desert country, the land controlled by their strange oligarchy is vast and encompasses many different environments. The land around the gate is marked as swampy jungle, which would match the "feel" given to Heinrich in his scrolling. The gate is in the lower reaches of the Seithr range, and there are but two paths within 50 miles of the gate by which an ascent into the higher reaches might be attempted. Heinrich is able to garner a fair bit of knowledge of the terrain, flora and fauna of the region.

Records of Mynhear and Winterbite are more difficult to scrounge up. There is a footnote about Mynhear in a lengthy text about the Great Dragons of E'n; as Dragons go, Mynear wasn't accounted all that big a deal. A Silver Dragon residing in the Northern Seithrs, Mynhear was said to be more favorably disposed to humans than other of his kind. Of Winterbite, there are no records.

[sblock=OOC]For this adventure, you'll have a +2 equipment bonus to avoid getting lost and to be able to scrounge food and shelter in the Northern Seithrs.[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Melisande, Paladin

Melisande%20Avatar_zpslnotfw6i.jpg

Melisande thanked the attendants for their aid and felt they had as much as they were going to get about the lands they were heading to aid Kalinn. She looked to Aradra and Heinrich, “Is there anything else we might need to ask about before we leave this city? The map was useful.”

[sblock=Mini Stats]Melisande
Initiative: +1 Perception: +15 (Darkvision)
AC: 28 (27 flat-footed, 13 Touch) - Currently 18 with Chainshirt
HP: 158 (DR3/-) Current: 158
CMB: +20 CMD: 33(32ff) (+2 vs Sunder/Disarm) Fort: +18 Reflex: +11 Will: +14
Special: Immune to Fear, Disease, Charm
Current Conditions in Effect: Power Attack (-4Att/+8(12)dmg), Jingasa Luck (1xday, Immediate neg Critical/Sneak Attack), Aura of Good/Courage/Resolve
Current Weapon in Hand: None

Lay on Hands (6d6): 12/12 Remaining
Smite Evil (5x/day, +4 Att, +17 dmg, +4 Deflect AC): 5/5 Remaining
Alter Self: 1/1 Remaining
Divine Bond (+3): 3/3 Remaining
Spells Remaining:
1st Level 4/4+2 Pearls (Protection from Evil, Hero's Defiance, Bless, Divine Favor)
2nd Level 3/3+1 Pearl (Effortless Armor, Blade Tutor's Spirit, Righteous Vigor)
3rd Level 2/2 (Greater Magic Weapon, Greater Magic Weapon)
4th Level 1/1 (Resounding Blows)[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
HeinrichAvatar_zps3d3206d8.jpg

"Ja, das map is very goot. It show a swamp that may have been what the hot steamy feeling I got. She may hap detected me, felt it vas friendly viewing und sent me to look in where our subject may be, or she could haf been trying to tell me where the gate was."

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Heinrich wizard 12

Initiative: +2 Perception: +14 (also: Greater Darkvision w/ spell)
AC: 15 (13 flat-footed, 12 Touch) (better with spells)
HP
: 50 Current: 50
BAB: +6/+1 CMB: +6 CMD: 18 (16 ff)
Fort: +7 Reflex: +9 Will: +13 CONC: +23
Special: FIRE RESIST 10

Current Conditions in Effect: none
Current Weapon in Hand: WAND: acid arrow
CHARGED ITEMS AND SKILLS:
WAND ACID ARROW: 38/50
Scroll: Summon Monster IV
WAND CURE LIGHT: 50/50

Abilites
* DRAW FIRE AROUND HIM FROM SOURCE = TO CAMPFIRE OR LARGER
* FIRE JET 9/9 TIME PER DAY 1D6+6 DAM
* DC: 22 REF FOR HALF OR BURN ANOTHER RND FOR 1D6
* AVOID ADDTL DAM BY DC 16 REF SAVE
* DANCING FLAME 5 PER DAY

OTHER
SPELL SPECIALIZATION: FIRE BALL ; GTR SPELL SPECIAL: FIREBALL ; ECTOPLAS SPELL ; SILENT SPELL ; PIERCING SPELL

Spells Memorized​
Code:
Save DC:           
General: 17 + SL                 
Evocation: 19 + SL           
Elemental (Fire): 18 + SL             
Evoc + (Fire): 20 + SL  

0 Level            Level 01                Level 02               LEVEL 3          
* Acid splash    * Burning Hands(ev,E,*) * Cat's grace          * Ablative Barrier
* Dancing lights * Ear pierce scream     * Levitate             * Dispel Magic
* Detect Magic   * Expeditious Retreat   * Resist Energy        * Displacement
* Resistance     * Feather Fall          * Scorching ray (ev,E) * Draconic Reservoir
                 * Feather Fall          * Scorching ray (ev,E) * Haste
                 * Magic missile         * See invisibility     * lightning bolt
                 * Shield                * Warding Weapon       P Haste  
                 P Magic missile         P Cat's grace
                 P Magic missile         P Scorching ray (ev,E)
                 P Shield                P Scorching ray (ev,E)  

LEVEL 04               LEVEL 05             LEVEL 6
* Blk Tentacles (E)    * Elemental body [E] * Forceful Hand
* Dimension door       * Fire Snake         * Forceful Hand
* Stone Shape          * Lightning Arc      * Form of the dragon 1 (E)
* Stone skin           * Teleport           * Tar Pool (E) 
* Summon monster 4 (E) * Wall of force                   
P Stone skin

[sblock=Book:] 
Level 00   
* Resistance * Acid Splash [c] * Detect Magic * Detect Poison * Read Magic * Daze * Dancing Lights 
* Flare * Light * Spark * Disrupt Undead * Touch of Fatigue * Mage Hand * Mending * Message 
* Open/Close * Arcane Mark * Prestidigitation 

Level 01 
* Break * Burning Hands (E,*) * Chill Touch * comp lang * Ear piercing scream * Endure-Elements (E) 
* enlarge person * expeditious retreat * Feather Fall * Identify * Jump [c] * Magic Missile 
* magic weapon * Shield * Touch of the Sea & * Touch of Gracelessness 

Level 02   
* Arcane Lock  * Burning gaze (E) * Cat's grace * darkvision * Elemental Touch * Flaming Sphere (E) 
* Fox's cunning * Knock * Levitate * Resist Energy * Scorching Ray (E) * See Invisibility 
* Spectral Hand * Warding Weapon * false life 

Level 03   
* Dispel magic * Displacement * Draconic Reservoir * Fire ball (**,E,ev) * Flame Arrow (E) * Haste 
* Lightning bolt (ev) * Tiny Hut * Ablative Barrier [c] * Fly 

Level 04   
* Black tentacles * darkvision, gtr * Detonate * Dimension door * scrying * stone skin 
* summ monst IV [E] 

Level 05   
* Elemental body II [e] * Feuer vyrm [fire snake] * lightning arc * Summon monster V * Teleport 
* Wall of Force 

Level 06 
* undeath to death * chains of fire * tar pool * sirocco * forceful hand * Form-of-the-dragon I   

[/sblock]  
( - ) denotes a cast spell     
(*) cast at +1 level (trait)   
(**) cast at +2 levels (Feat) 
(E) elemental: flame school   
(ev) evocation 
(A) denotes changed to acid 
(&) takes 2 spell slots to cast 
(#) recalled via pearl of power 
(E,A) denotes 50% fire/50% acid
[/sblock][/][/][/][/][/][/][/][/]

Last edited:

jackslate45

First Post
[section]
Aradra pauses at Melisande's question and Heinrich's point, thinking hard. Research was not his strongest point, so having both Heinrich and Melisande to look for information about the regions was helpful. It was planning and scouring that he was strong in.

"As for what we still need, let's go over the equipment. We know we are going to be in a mountain range. Meaning we might need to climb. I have that handled, as I can create as much rope as we ever could need. Food is going to be sparse, so bring hard rations that would be able to last for some time. I won't need it as much as Shadow will, thankfully. I assume it is going to be cold, so cold weather gear would be highly recommend. While there are spells that do that for us, I would prefer not to use resources on that, although we might have to."

"We might need to think about taking fire wood, although I have a magic item that will create a fire just in case we cannot find any more. Shelter would be the only other thing I can think of, but I normally curl up next to Shadow, being the giant ball of warm that he is. If we get hit by a snow storm however we need a way to escape it."

He pauses in his thought process, giving Heinrich and Melisande time to add more.

[/section]

[sblock=Aradra Stats]
Aradra Longstrider
AC: 26 (20 flat-footed, 17 touch)
HP: 132/132
CMB: +16 CMD: 32
Fort: +11 Reflex: +16 Will: +9
Perception: +22
Initiative: +8
Current Weapon in Hand: Bow +23/+18/+13 1d8+3 19-20/x3 or +17/+17/+12/+7 1d8+11 19-20/x3 1st hit deals double
Current Conditions in Effect: Rapid Shot/Deadly Aim/Endless Ammo (from Bow); Woodland Stride ; Evasion; Clustered Shots; Falcon's Aim (+3 Perception & 19-20 /x3); No Provoking on Ranged attacks w/ Bow; Deadly Aim (-4/+8);Crit Focus; Staggering Crit;

Used Items:
700 Gold

Adaptation: 140/140 Minutes Remain (Darkvision, Iron Will, Skill Focus Stealth, Climb 15', Swim 15')
Level 1 Spells: Feather Step, Gravity Bow, Longstrider, Feather Step
Level 2 Spells: Barkskin (+4), Eagle Eye, Shield Companion
Level 3 Spells: Greater Magic Fang (+2), Instant Enemy
Level 4 Spells: Freedom of Movement, Animal Growth
Extend Rod: 6/6 per Day
Pearl of Power lvl 1: 4/4 AVALAIBLE
Pearl of Power lvl 2: 2/2 AVALAIBLE
Pearl of Power lvl 3: 1/1 AVALAIBLE
Negate Crit: 1/1
Boots of Haste: 10/10
Fly (CL 5): 1/1
[/sblock]

[sblock=Shadow Stats]
Shadow
AC: 27 (24 flat-footed, 12 touch)
CMB: +19 -PA = +16 CMD: 31 (35 vs Trip)
Fort: +13 Reflex: +11 Will: +7 (+4 vs Enchantment Charm/Compulsion)
Initiative: +3
Current Weapon in Hand: Bite (+17/+12 1d8+12 or +17/+9 1d8+21) + Trip + d6 Shocking Amulet of Mighty Biting (Activated)
Current Conditions in Effect: Power Attack, Furious Focus, Evasion, Share Spells; Scent;
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

HeinrichAvatar_zps3d3206d8.jpg

Heinrich scratches his chin of red stubble. "For starters, I can create a hut to protect us fro the blizzard. I can protect from the harsh elements too."

"Spell for a hut is easy enough, no more difficult then adjusting the elemental enduring spell would be for cold weather. I can carry wood to burn, and starting it in even the coldest of conditions is no problem, Just add fireball" This last bit is said with a playful twinkle in his eye and a slight curl at the corners of his lips. "We can get weather clothing at pearl quick enough. Ja?"

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Heinrich wizard 12

Initiative: +2 Perception: +14 (also: Greater Darkvision w/ spell)
AC: 15 (13 flat-footed, 12 Touch) (better with spells)
HP
: 50 Current: 50
BAB: +6/+1 CMB: +6 CMD: 18 (16 ff)
Fort: +7 Reflex: +9 Will: +13 CONC: +23
Special: FIRE RESIST 10

Current Conditions in Effect: none
Current Weapon in Hand: WAND: acid arrow
CHARGED ITEMS AND SKILLS:
WAND ACID ARROW: 38/50
Scroll: Summon Monster IV
WAND CURE LIGHT: 50/50

Abilites
* DRAW FIRE AROUND HIM FROM SOURCE = TO CAMPFIRE OR LARGER
* FIRE JET 9/9 TIME PER DAY 1D6+6 DAM
* DC: 22 REF FOR HALF OR BURN ANOTHER RND FOR 1D6
* AVOID ADDTL DAM BY DC 16 REF SAVE
* DANCING FLAME 5 PER DAY

OTHER
SPELL SPECIALIZATION: FIRE BALL ; GTR SPELL SPECIAL: FIREBALL ; ECTOPLAS SPELL ; SILENT SPELL ; PIERCING SPELL

Spells Memorized​
Code:
Save DC:           
General: 17 + SL                 
Evocation: 19 + SL           
Elemental (Fire): 18 + SL             
Evoc + (Fire): 20 + SL  

0 Level            Level 01                Level 02               LEVEL 3          
* Acid splash    * Burning Hands(ev,E,*) * Cat's grace          * Ablative Barrier
* Dancing lights * Ear pierce scream     * Levitate             * Dispel Magic
* Detect Magic   * Expeditious Retreat   * Resist Energy        * Displacement
* Resistance     * Feather Fall          * Scorching ray (ev,E) * Draconic Reservoir
                 * Feather Fall          * Scorching ray (ev,E) * Haste
                 * Magic missile         * See invisibility     * lightning bolt
                 * Shield                * Warding Weapon       P Haste  
                 P Magic missile         P Cat's grace
                 P Magic missile         P Scorching ray (ev,E)
                 P Shield                P Scorching ray (ev,E)  

LEVEL 04               LEVEL 05             LEVEL 6
* Blk Tentacles (E)    * Elemental body [E] * Forceful Hand
* Dimension door       * Fire Snake         * Forceful Hand
* Stone Shape          * Lightning Arc      * Form of the dragon 1 (E)
* Stone skin           * Teleport           * Tar Pool (E) 
* Summon monster 4 (E) * Wall of force                   
P Stone skin

[sblock=Book:] 
Level 00   
* Resistance * Acid Splash [c] * Detect Magic * Detect Poison * Read Magic * Daze * Dancing Lights 
* Flare * Light * Spark * Disrupt Undead * Touch of Fatigue * Mage Hand * Mending * Message 
* Open/Close * Arcane Mark * Prestidigitation 

Level 01 
* Break * Burning Hands (E,*) * Chill Touch * comp lang * Ear piercing scream * Endure-Elements (E) 
* enlarge person * expeditious retreat * Feather Fall * Identify * Jump [c] * Magic Missile 
* magic weapon * Shield * Touch of the Sea & * Touch of Gracelessness 

Level 02   
* Arcane Lock  * Burning gaze (E) * Cat's grace * darkvision * Elemental Touch * Flaming Sphere (E) 
* Fox's cunning * Knock * Levitate * Resist Energy * Scorching Ray (E) * See Invisibility 
* Spectral Hand * Warding Weapon * false life 

Level 03   
* Dispel magic * Displacement * Draconic Reservoir * Fire ball (**,E,ev) * Flame Arrow (E) * Haste 
* Lightning bolt (ev) * Tiny Hut * Ablative Barrier [c] * Fly 

Level 04   
* Black tentacles * darkvision, gtr * Detonate * Dimension door * scrying * stone skin 
* summ monst IV [E] 

Level 05   
* Elemental body II [e] * Feuer vyrm [fire snake] * lightning arc * Summon monster V * Teleport 
* Wall of Force 

Level 06 
* undeath to death * chains of fire * tar pool * sirocco * forceful hand * Form-of-the-dragon I   

[/sblock]  
( - ) denotes a cast spell     
(*) cast at +1 level (trait)   
(**) cast at +2 levels (Feat) 
(E) elemental: flame school   
(ev) evocation 
(A) denotes changed to acid 
(&) takes 2 spell slots to cast 
(#) recalled via pearl of power 
(E,A) denotes 50% fire/50% acid
[/sblock][/][/][/][/][/][/][/][/][/QUOTE]

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Melisande, Paladin

Melisande%20Avatar_zpslnotfw6i.jpg

Melisande had all she really needed for supplies.

“I already have the hot and cold weather gear in my backpack. I could probably acquire some more travel rations… In fact my Chapter House can provide all we should need if you would like.”

“Mountain climbing will not be something I can do very well from horseback. I hope we shall not be doing much of that. Otherwise, I believe that I am ready to go. Shall we go outrside and rejoin Sol to ensure she has all she may need?”

[sblock=Endure Elements]The spell is not flavored for cold or hot where you have to decide which (like Protection from Evil/Good/Chaos/Law) it protects you from. It covers both automatically so I do not think it costs a higher level slot.[/sblock]
[sblock=Mini Stats]Melisande
Initiative: +1 Perception: +15 (Darkvision)
AC: 28 (27 flat-footed, 13 Touch) - Currently 18 with Chainshirt
HP: 158 (DR3/-) Current: 158
CMB: +20 CMD: 33(32ff) (+2 vs Sunder/Disarm) Fort: +18 Reflex: +11 Will: +14
Special: Immune to Fear, Disease, Charm
Current Conditions in Effect: Power Attack (-4Att/+8(12)dmg), Jingasa Luck (1xday, Immediate neg Critical/Sneak Attack), Aura of Good/Courage/Resolve
Current Weapon in Hand: None

Lay on Hands (6d6): 12/12 Remaining
Smite Evil (5x/day, +4 Att, +17 dmg, +4 Deflect AC): 5/5 Remaining
Alter Self: 1/1 Remaining
Divine Bond (+3): 3/3 Remaining
Spells Remaining:
1st Level 4/4+2 Pearls (Protection from Evil, Hero's Defiance, Bless, Divine Favor)
2nd Level 3/3+1 Pearl (Effortless Armor, Blade Tutor's Spirit, Righteous Vigor)
3rd Level 2/2 (Greater Magic Weapon, Greater Magic Weapon)
4th Level 1/1 (Resounding Blows)[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

[sblock=Endure Elements]The spell is not flavored for cold or hot where you have to decide which (like Protection from Evil/Good/Chaos/Law) it protects you from. It covers both automatically so I do not think it costs a higher level slot.[/sblock]

[sblock= just to be sure] . . . . even for a fire elementalist?[/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
[section]

Aradra nods, saying "I also need to stop by the Pearl to pick up a few things." He walks out with everyone else to meet with their 4th companion.
[/section]

[sblock=Aradra Stats]
Aradra Longstrider
AC: 26 (20 flat-footed, 17 touch)
CMB: +16 CMD: 32
Fort: +11 Reflex: +16 Will: +9
Initiative: +8
Current Weapon in Hand: Bow +23/+18/+13 1d8+3 19-20/x3 or +17/+17/+12/+7 1d8+11 19-20/x3 1st hit deals double
Current Conditions in Effect: Rapid Shot/Deadly Aim/Endless Ammo (from Bow); Woodland Stride ; Evasion; Clustered Shots; Falcon's Aim (+3 Perception & 19-20 /x3); No Provoking on Ranged attacks w/ Bow; Deadly Aim (-4/+8);Crit Focus; Staggering Crit;

Used Items:
700 Gold

Adaptation: 140/140 Minutes Remain (Darkvision, Iron Will, Skill Focus Stealth, Climb 15', Swim 15')
Level 1 Spells: Feather Step, Gravity Bow, Longstrider, Feather Step
Level 2 Spells: Barkskin (+4), Eagle Eye, Shield Companion
Level 3 Spells: Greater Magic Fang (+2), Instant Enemy
Level 4 Spells: Freedom of Movement, Animal Growth
Extend Rod: 6/6 per Day
Pearl of Power lvl 1: 4/4 AVALAIBLE
Pearl of Power lvl 2: 2/2 AVALAIBLE
Pearl of Power lvl 3: 1/1 AVALAIBLE
Negate Crit: 1/1
Boots of Haste: 10/10
Fly (CL 5): 1/1
[/sblock]

[sblock=Shadow Stats]
Shadow
AC: 27 (24 flat-footed, 12 touch)
CMB: +19 -PA = +16 CMD: 31 (35 vs Trip)
Fort: +13 Reflex: +11 Will: +7 (+4 vs Enchantment Charm/Compulsion)
Initiative: +3
Current Weapon in Hand: Bite (+17/+12 1d8+12 or +17/+9 1d8+21) + Trip + d6 Shocking Amulet of Mighty Biting (Activated)
Current Conditions in Effect: Power Attack, Furious Focus, Evasion, Share Spells; Scent;
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases