D&D 5E Witcher: Mother of Monsters

Azurewraith

Explorer
"It is possible, a portal to get from here to there seems extravagant. We could take a look if the lovely ladies can't solve this portal.

OOC: I'm assuming the smoke is out side the radius of the scouting ability.

Quickleaf

Legend
GM: So [MENTION=6798581]Azurewraith[/MENTION], there's a map of the "Posada Region" behind spoiler tags in the first post of this thread which uses hexes = 1/2 mile. While that map doesn't represent PC knowledge – it's just a handy reference for players who do better with visuals – I did design it to synch up with both the homebrew Scout's Scouting feature & travel times. When you use Scouting (in the linear sense, not the radius sense), you can enter and scout in a line into one adjacent hex.

Yes, you're right in thinking that the smoke isn't within Scouting range. It's somewhere between 1 to 2 miles away to the SE.

Quickleaf

Legend
OOC: I was asking where the party was located on the map. I couldn't see a marker Foltest Nan's hut.

GM: Go to the first post of this thread. Click on the "Maps" spoiler block revealing 3 maps. Go down to the Lower Posada village map. Look in the upper left quadrant of the village map for "Nan's House." That's where you are.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
"Elora, do you know herb lore? We need to work out what was crushed in this. I think this is what opens the portal."

"I do know herb lore, actually. I've studied extensively. Let me take a look."

When the sorceress approached the table she saw Talashia wanted her to look in the mortar and pestle. Again. She hesitated, took a step closer, then hesitated again.

She peeked inside without touching the ingredients. They sort of looked familiar but she wasn't willing to put a finger in and dig around.

"I, uh, can't really tell from here what it is."

OOC: Nature : 1D20+3 = [8]+3 = 11 ...I don't know if there is a bonus for having the Herbalism kit or not. This roll is just my Nature roll.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
GM: So, the database crash eliminated about 3 months worth of play...

...during which you learned about the situation in Lower Posada from the blind farmer Leofort; apparently there is an entity named "Old Nan" who keep the elves from raiding or drawing too close to the village.

You arrived at the Inn of the Sojourn Plough in Lower Posada safely with Odvara, encountering the superstitious Henriette the innkeeper and the bumbling Guilhelm the husband and chef. You also were surprised to sup with the sorceress Margarita Laux-Antille who seems to have a vested interest in discovering whether Odvara is afflicted with the so-called "Curse of the Black Sun."

Once Odvara and the prestigious sorceress were off to bed, you went to investigate the ruined overgrown cottage known as Old Nan's House. You found the tree growing through the center roosted with ravens and the floor littered with caltrops covered by leaf litter. The tree was festooned with charms, and an old table was imbedded in the side of the tree, with a mortar and pestle resting on it that radiate abjuration and transmutation magic.

When Elora touched the mortar and pestle, she had a flashback to her time cursed as a hag and suddenly the night sky was lit by an orange-red pallor from a blood moon. And then from the river to the north came the retching sounds of drowners...

OOC: I don't think so, but on the map is listed a "wise woman." Have we spoken to her?

Sent from my iPad using EN World mobile app

Last edited:

Quickleaf

Legend
GM: Re: Herbalism: When you have proficiency in a tool, like Herbalism kit, you add your proficiency bonus (which is +2 for 3rd level PCs) to the check [MENTION=8058]Queenie[/MENTION]. So if you use the kit you'll get a 13.

However. The kit is described as a variety of instruments such as clippers, mortar and pestle, and pouches and vials used by herbalists to create remedies and potions. That implies that you'll need to touch the herbs/seeds inside the mortar and pestle if you want to benefit from the herbalism kit and get that 13.

Do you want to do that?

Re: Wise Woman: Nope, you haven't visited the wise woman of Lower Posada yet.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases