D&D 5E Witcher: Mother of Monsters

Aramalian

Explorer
Barakor watches the others, feeling desperately out of his depths and as useless as a fifth wheel on an orecart. Embarrassed, he looks away from them and tries to keep his eyes open for danger. He leans against a tree and his breath catches in his throat as he spots a subtle carving in its bark. His jaw tightens, and he grips Wulffleda more tightly - knuckles whitening around the handle of the ancient warhammer. "They're here, Wulffleda. I was too slow - we were all too slow. The Darkness is here." His head slumps against the trunk of the tree and tears of fear and anger drip onto the hammer's head.

Aramalian

Explorer
Tamaran heads over to the sobbing dwarf glad to be away from magical business. The elf places a hand on the dwarfs shoulder"To late?"

The dwarf lifts his head and looks at the elf for a moment, then runs his gnarled finger over a subtle carving in the bark of the tree where he mourns. "When the Darkness came to Mahakam and swept over my people, its minions would carve this symbol over the sigils of our clans."

Quickleaf

Legend
[SBLOCK=The symbol on the tree...]
m1O5Ro3.png

[/SBLOCK]

Azurewraith

Explorer
Tamaran inspects the symbol checking if he has seen it before tracing the fingers over the carving, he has no idea what the darkness is but it didn't sound good.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Elora's hand flew to her mouth, holding in the gasp. She reached down and placed a hand on the sorceress's shoulder. "I am so sorry."

She stood up and faced the group with a pained expression. "Margarita was cursed long ago, as a child, by a sorcerer. The hag," she shuddered at the face that would haunt her nightmares, "...Nan merely removed the spell Margarita used to keep the curse at bay. She said, 'a daughter for a daughter'... I have not the power to cure her of this."

OOC: We should come up with a story at some point, of Elora's un-hagging lol. She just assumed that was what was happening here. ;)

Quickleaf

Legend
GM: "Unhagging"? [MENTION=8058]Queenie[/MENTION] Lol. :) Maybe "dehagging"? Like delousing? I think we established that you and [MENTION=2820]Fenris[/MENTION] killed a black annis hag? The one who'd cursed you, yeah? Presumably she had sisters in the region, as hags tend to do...but what if she had a different kind of relative? Hint, hint.

[MENTION=6798581]Azurewraith[/MENTION] I just cross-referenced your proficiencies & background, and nope you don't know this symbol. However, the decorative detailing within the crescent is vaguely elvish in appearance.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
GM: "Unhagging"? [MENTION=8058]Queenie[/MENTION] Lol. :) Maybe "dehagging"? Like delousing? I think we established that you and [MENTION=2820]Fenris[/MENTION] killed a black annis hag? The one who'd cursed you, yeah? Presumably she had sisters in the region, as hags tend to do...but what if she had a different kind of relative? Hint, hint.

[MENTION=6798581]Azurewraith[/MENTION] I just cross-referenced your proficiencies & background, and nope you don't know this symbol. However, the decorative detailing within the crescent is vaguely elvish in appearance.

OOC: Yes, it was a black annis hag, nasty little thing ;) Another type of relative... how intriguing... :D

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases