[OT] DnD Horror Stories (or Funny Stories)

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
I'm certain this topic has come up in the past. But DMs, PCs, what are some of the funnier moments that have come up in your campaigns?

I've already shared the many and multiform stories of The Munchkin Who Shall Remain Nameless. Another would have to stem from an abortive (IE, one session in length) game of 2e I played at college, and the DM who broke up with his girlfriend just because she was sick and wouldn't play DnD and so we were without a cleric... *sigh*

Other noteworthy funnies?

dave_o

Explorer
I've had a player smash his hand (and mug) through a glass table in anger over a die-roll. MY glass table, of course. :D

I once played in a 2E campaign in which the PCs came across a massive stash of magic items. "What's in it?" we asked, after which the DM handed us the DMG, and the Tome of Magic.

More later, when I have some time.

Drawmack

First Post
DM: The bartender informs you that no one in town would know anything about that.

Players: Then how are we supposed to find anything out.

A hour of the players wondering around town making sure noone knows anything.

Cleric: I cast a divination (I forget the exact spell) and ask my god, How can we find out about this.

God's Reply: Try asking me.

Player's: (In unison) doh!

Silver Moon

Adventurer
OK, I've told this one before, but it's funny enough to be worth repeating:

My wife and I never agree on what type of milk to purchase. She drinks skim milk, where as I prefer whole milk. As a result, we usually buy both kinds. Shortly after our first child was born she decides to cook up a batch of brownies for the game. They come out of the oven just as the game is about to start, and she brings them in to the game room. The entire group digs in, and players start to comment about how good they are. My wife then says "And they're healthy for you too, because they were made with my milk." As the players begin to gag and spit out the food she realizes what she said, and explains that she meant skim milk.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases