D&D 5E Ruins of Adventure [IC]

Shayuri

First Post
The slight young woman glanced at the clerks and frowned, then beckoned to the others.

"Ears. Come on."

Once outside, she said, "I can deal with traps. Scouting. Call me Kestrel, by the way."

She unrolled the map and inspected it, then scowled briefly.

"Only one way to go from here. Means they'll be ready for intruders. Maybe we can find a crack they didn't find though."

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Balthassar listens to the others stating their skills and nods. Once outside, he adds, "Nice to meet you, Kestrel. My name is Balthassar and I come from the Monastery of the Yellow Rose."

Turning to face all his companions, the dragonborn adds, "I am proficient with magical offense, mostly of an elemental nature. I favor ice and flame, so the monks used to call me Frostburn. Stealth and trapfinding, however, are not among my talents."

Frowning as Kestrel states her concerns about the vermin awaiting them, Balthassar replies quickly, "If we come in hard and fast, I'm sure we can catch them offguard. I say we go right now."

To the west of the Council Hall, just beyond the small shrine dedicated to Tyr, you can all see the gate to the rest of the city looming. Two guards silently pace in front of the gate itself, and you can see two more guards on the walls above the gate gazing out into the quiet streets beyond.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Putting his hood back up to avoid stares, Balthassar grabs and loads his light crossbow, holding it low and unthreatening as he walks with his new campanions to the city gates. Nodding a greeting to the guards, the dragonborn slows down before the gates and says, "Greetings, guards of New Phlan! Me and my fellows are about to head into the slums and help you reclaim the old city. Anything we should be particularly weary of?"

OOC: Are the gates open or closed?

Shayuri

First Post
Kestrel follows as well, twisting her mouth with private angst as the dragon-man gleefully announced to everyone listening exactly what their plans were.

She'd have her job cut out for her with this bunch, for sure.

The guards look over your group speculatively. The guard closest to you, a tall human with a long scar down his face, nods ruefully.

"Another group of adventurers on commission from the Council? Well, good luck to ya..."

He waves to one of his companions, who moves to open the gates.

"What we've seen so far are a few stragglers of kobolds and goblins...look to be scouts. But, we don't venture out much, so there may be something nastier out there.

When you return, call up to the guard above to let him know you want back in. We'll open the gates.
"

Beyond, you see a dusty street strewn with litter. Rats and a few starved looking felines prowl the shadowy alleyways. On either side of the street, small, rotting homes seem to stare at you with empty, lifeless eyes. The slums beyond are utterly silent as you move through the gates.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases