Art auditions

Dextra

Social Justice Wizard
As the art director for E.N. Publishing, I'll be responsible for the art calls for the former Natural 20 Press and Ambient Inc. product lines as well as ENWorld Player's Journal.

The pay rates on PDF illustrations are as high as the industry can support (ie. $10-$15/piece). The Journal pays better ($20-$25). We will also shortly be announcing a call for incidental (small) art (5 pieces for $20) pieces.

If you would like your work considered for publication, please email me with your experience in the industry and elsewhere, and a brief description of your preferences and styles, and what your dream project would be (high fantasy, cyberpunk, etc) and most importantly a link to an online portfolio. I would much rather be able to surf a portfolio site at my leisure than have my Inbox full of illustrations. If you must email me some work, please make the file no larger than 150K, and include what you think represents your spectrum (but also highlights your B&W work).

Email denise@ambient.ca for now

I am most interested in black and white work, preferably line art. Sure, I'll be rewarding the artists who have proven themselves with past good works with Natural 20 and Ambient products, but I also wish to give emerging artists a chance to shine.

PS- I check references. If you say you worked for company X, be prepared for me to contact their art director: I want to hear that you delivered your product to meet spec, and on time. Unless you are God's own illustrator, I won't work with someone who can't meet deadlines and do what I ask.

Last edited:

Remove ads