Reaper Bones 3: Nearly $400K In 2 Hours!

Reaper Miniatures are back for a third time on Kickstarter with a ton more plastic miniatures. They launched a couple of hours ago, and have raised nearly $400,000 from nearly 4,000 backers already. It's a short Kickstarter - 19 days instead of the traditional month - but with Reaper it only needs to be short. For $100 you get a core set (pictured below) of 30 minis, plus there's their usual range of addons and stretch goals (which they've blown through already).

Reaper Miniatures are back for a third time on Kickstarter with a ton more plastic miniatures. They launched a couple of hours ago, and have raised nearly $400,000 from nearly 4,000 backers already. It's a short Kickstarter - 19 days instead of the traditional month - but with Reaper it only needs to be short. For $100 you get a core set (pictured below) of 30 minis, plus there's their usual range of addons and stretch goals (which they've blown through already).

[Update - an hour and a half later, it's hit half a million!]

Their previous Reaper Bones Kickstarters raised $3.5 million, and $3.17 million respectively. You'll find the latest one here.

reap.jpg

jimmifett

Banned
Banned
Hopefully the quality is better this time around, The last set was horrible. Too thin flimsy swords (somewhat translucent, thats how thin), faces with no definition but a bump for a nose if lucky (elves esp bad).

Akodoken

Explorer
That's strange, I didn't have those problems with mine. Hrm.

I look forward to throwing more money at minis. I've diverted funds from Gencon for this KS. :)

SigmaOne

First Post
Hopefully the quality is better this time around, The last set was horrible. Too thin flimsy swords (somewhat translucent, thats how thin), faces with no definition but a bump for a nose if lucky (elves esp bad).

I had heard about some issues like that from Bones I, but I thought it had been corrected in Bones 2. My Bones 2 came out fine. Anyway, if you end up with a mini that's been miscast, you should probably contact Reaper customer support. They're the best I have seen in a company.

Votan

Explorer
These really are good deals. I do wonder if they haven't turned into a business model all by themselves, though.

tangleknot

Explorer

I haven't ever dealt with bones miscasts as I am not a fan of plastic miniatures, but I have dealt with Reaper's customer service and they are terrific. Just 3 months ago I bought a miniature with a missing piece in the box. I had the replacement mailed to me within a week at no charge.

Remove ads

Remove ads