What's NOT being fixed in 3.5?

Nareau

Explorer
I've been following some of the threads discussing the problems that are bieng addressed in the new edition. I'm wondering what we'll be complaining about once the new books are out. What do you see as being problematic in 3e that isn't being fixed in 3.5?

There are some things that they didn't catch the first time, nor in the second printing, and they still haven't put into the errata or the SRD (like the prereq's for creating Beads of Karma). What are YOU worried they'll miss in 3.5?

Spider

Aloïsius

First Post
personal grip

I hink this two won't be addressed, alas :

* rules for learning new spells : you need too much time (and too much money IMHO) to write a new spell in your spellbook. Since most campaign do not give you the time you need, your wizard end as a sorcerer with a spellbook, and without spontaneous casting.

*dying, healing and stabilizing rules : these are prety ridiculous. You need only three seconds (a standard action...) to stabilize a dying PC. But you have less than one minute before dying if no one heal you. A more realistic rules will be : you need one minute to stabilize a character, and you roll for auto-stabilization every minute, rather than every rounds.

Brown Jenkin

First Post
I my view they will need to fix most of the things they are changing from 3.0. The new DR is broken and no-one seems to like the new ranger. Craft (Alchemy) is broken and with the exceptions of Harm and Heal I don't like the new spells. They will also likely have to come up with yet another version of Polymorph.

mkletch

First Post
Re: personal grip

Aloïsius said:
* rules for learning new spells : you need too much time (and too much money IMHO) to write a new spell in your spellbook. Since most campaign do not give you the time you need, your wizard end as a sorcerer with a spellbook, and without spontaneous casting.

Boccob's Blessed Book. If you buy it, you save money writing any spell 2nd level or over. If you make it yourself, you could put any spell in it and save.

-Fletch!

Olive

Explorer
Brown Jenkin said:
I my view they will need to fix most of the things they are changing from 3.0. The new DR is broken and no-one seems to like the new ranger. Craft (Alchemy) is broken and with the exceptions of Harm and Heal I don't like the new spells. They will also likely have to come up with yet another version of Polymorph.

They are coming up with a new version of polymorph acording to Ed stark.

What's broken about Craft (Alchemy)?

I think the new DR makes sense, and the ranger I think makes more people ahppy that you realise (sounds ok to me anyway... less front loaded, and more options. Isn't that what people wanted?).

Archade

Azer Paladin
Healing

How about natural healing?

At 1hp/level/day, you could be dipped in acid, fall off in a cliff, be swallowed whole by a colossal toad, and no matter what, you will heal completely in under 2 weeks, with just light activity!

IMC, I cut natural healing times by 4.

Archade

Drake_DM

First Post
Firstly, the fact that sorcerors look to be pretty crappy. I'd like them to have charisma skills, d6 hp, 4 skill points per level and more spells known.

Second, I HOPE they fix the magic items that cost 70% of their cost by having an alignment restriction. 90% of the items in our campaign have that modifer.

Third the fact that the ranger will be restricted to certain types of weapons - I'd like an agile combat path.

Half Elves will still suck it seems.

What about the madness of the gate and time freeze spell?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases