Pathfinder 1E [LPF] Perception is Reality

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Barlo Hawkins, Human Bard

Elnefrai_zps89549ca6.jpg

Barlo swore, "Narvit! He turned invisible! He must be fleeing down that street there."

The bard moved to the corner and cast a spell hoping to catch the fleeing ogre mage in the cloud of glittering dust.

[sblock=Actions]Moved: Updated Map
Spellcraft (18), Perception (22)
Inspire Courage (1r more of lingering)

Cast Glitterdust (Will DC17 to neg Blindness), SR doesn't apply to this spell[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Character Sheet
Initiative: +4 Perception: +12
AC: 22 (20 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 65 Current: 65
CMB: +9 CMD: 22(20ff) Fort: +6 Reflex: +10 Will: +8
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Current Weapon in Hand: Shortbow & Whip

Bardic Performances (lingering 2 rnds): 22/25 Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: [Message, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound]
1st Level 6/7 (DC16) [CLW, Feather Fall, Hideous Laughter, Timely Inspiration, Grease, Vanish, Charm Person, Silent Image]
2nd Level 4/5 (DC17) [Sound Burst, Heroism, Glitterdust, Mirror Image, Invisibility, Calm Emotions, Silence]
3rd Level 3/4 (DC18) [Haste, Slow, Phantom Steed, Confusion][/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Ogremage Battle Round 5 midround update

Barlo hears a characteristic whooshing sound associated with powered flight, and realizes the enemy is on the move, although the sound quickly fades as the target recedes. However, his effort to counter the invisibility doesn't seem to have worked out, although the oddly reflective dust can be seen from where he is standing.

Meanwhile, Vincenzo, needing more arrows, ran to the closest surviving arrow and picked it up. It was clear retrieving all the unbroken arrows would take a while.

Looking suspiciously over his shoulder, Ethane takes the opportunity to move to Maui. Chanting a quick prayer in honor of Ruvalra, he hand glows ever so slightly. He touches the giant cat, binding up most of the wounds and warming the chill from the combination of enemy arrows and magics.

[sblock=Actions]Ethane moves to Maui and casts Cure Moderate Wounds, healing for 22 damage.

Maui
is left to act.

updated map: http://beta.ditzie.com/86158/56b781f7e6385

Notes
- Arrow retrieval: I'm not one to say what you should be doing, but at best, you're going to get one arrow a round. Retrieving all them will take a while. I moved you to a reasonable location where one of the arrows is likely to be.
- Glitterdust: Noted that SR will not apply to this spell. Thank you.
- Perception rolls: Barlo (got the 'general feel' DC but failed the pinpoint DC, necessary to direct an attack) already has supplied a perception roll, but anyone wishing to try the pinpoint DC will want to roll as well. If you get the pinpoint roll (DC 33) you get the direction he was headed as he left your sensing sphere. As an aside, the 'general feel' roll is DC 13, which lets you know he's no longer within 30'.
- Scent: Scent is useful, but only within 30'. (Actually it's 15' to 60' depending on wind direction, but this is still air so it's a simple 30'.) Now, to start with, yes, you know the particular odor of the remaining ogremage. That's no an issue, you were within sensing distance of him. That means if he is hanging out within 30' of you, you'll know. You can then take a move action to sense the general direction he is in. To pinpoint the target with scent, he has to be within 5' of you, which is pretty limited. The nice thing is no amount of stealth offsets this ability, although that isn't the primary issue in this case. This all said, the ogremage is no longer within the 30' sensing radius of scent. Since he didn't start inside your pinpoint range, you don't know what direction he went from this ability. However, you are allowed to use your other senses, as noted above. Scent could be useful later on, as things develop.
- Ditzie: I didn't know you could put a new object on the map without going into the original album for the drawing. How did you do that, pm?[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
[sblock=Ditzie]Basically, I pull an object from the top and then edit it. While it default opens up into your stored folders, you can back out to “Beta”. Then I just go an find my own Ditzie folders with icons and images and turned the image I was editing into something I already uploaded. [/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
rats, now how do I make it smaller?

[sblock=vinny's jpeg]LPF Vincenzo.jpg[/sblock]

The venzin swordsman, knowing he is low on arrows, grabs at the first good one he can find, " Blast it, where did he go?!?"
move to and grab arrow and nock it.

[sblock=stat block]
skills possibly needed at this moment:
Perception +11 Stealth +6

AC: 26 (21 flat-footed, 20 touch)
with Combat expertise:
AC: 29 (23 flat-footed, 23 touch)
fighting defensively and combat expertise
AC: 31, 23 FF,27 Touch
With haste:
28/21/22

HP: 112/112

CMB: +13 CMD: 26
vs trip
CMB: +15 CMD: 28
vs disarm
CMB: +18 CMD: 31

Fort: +11 Reflex: +8 Will: +6

Perception: +11 Stealth +6
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: longbow +12/+7 damage 1d8+2; additional mods:[+2 att, dam insp corg][+1 att bless][ xtra att, +1 att, +1 dodge a/c and reflex; +30 to move haste]

Temporary/charged items in possession: healing potions, Healing wand

Items depleted: none
[/sblock]

[sblock=mace]
mwk silver mace, att +15/+10, dam 1d6+4, crit x2, type b
[/sblock]
[/][/]

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
Maui, assuming that Barlo had sensed the general direction the ogre had fled, raced back down the alleyway and sniffed at the air hoping to catch a whiff of their foe before he could disappear.

[sblock=OOC]Move 70 ft towards where glitterdust was cast; if sensed within 30 ft move action to pinpoint
If not continue another 70 ft around corner to see if I catch the scent.

Perception 29 [/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Round 6 - Ogremage battle

With no enemy in sight, the heroes continue to attempt to locate him. However, with his invisibility and flying, it rapidly becomes rather difficult to do so. Ethane vents his frustration, virtually growling as he points his spear this way and that.

It is at that point a rich bass voice chimes out from nowhere, clearly fluent in the Venzan common tongue, "Well, now that didn't go as I had hoped. You killed my man-at-arms, and his pet rat. Well, nevermind the rat, but Jozen was a cunning warrior and it's a shame that he's gone. This leaves me with fewer options than before... and yet," he pauses, as if to think, "more."

Although the giant's words come from above, they are difficult to locate past that. They started somewhat to the south, then, as he speaks, roll to the west, then north... always moving. As his voice comes again, it sounds as if it might be receding, slipping further away. "Manners. I am Haron. May I ask who beat me and my man so soundly? Surely you're not just locals caught up in the magic, are you?"

[sblock=Combat Stuff]The ogremage begins and ends his move more than 30' from any of you, so no pinpoint rolls are allowed. Feel free to take one round's worth of actions, speak, or some combination of the two. I'll be doing an experience award upon the completion of the encounter, however it resolves.

map: no update

Combat Actors
Smaller Giant: dead
Larger Giant: 48 damage (AC 25, touch 14, CMD 33, SR 21) flying, invisibility
Rat: dead
Barlo: 0 damage (AC 22, touch 13x, CMD 22) IC +2 attack/damage, bless +1 attack, Haste
Vincenzo: 0 damage (AC 26, touch 15, CMD 26+) IC +2 attack/damage, bless +1 attack, Haste
Ethane: 0 damage (AC 22, touch 13, CMD 20) IC +2 attack/damage, bless +1 attack, Haste
Maui: 15 damage (AC 23, touch 21, CMD 32) IC +2 attack/damage, bless +1 attack, resinous skin DR 5/piercing, Animal Growth, Shield, Haste
Taniwha: 1 damage (AC 25, touch 18, CMD 29+) IC +2 attack/damage, bless +1 attack, Haste[/sblock]
[sblock=SdW]I can resize that artwork if you like. How big/small do you want? Do you want a full figure, just a head and bust, or what?[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Barlo Hawkins, Human Bard

Elnefrai_zps89549ca6.jpg

Barlo looked up and said sarcastically, "Yeah, well met, Haren."

"I am Barlo and you are correct that we are not from inside the town. We had heard that you were not either."

He smirked as he let that sink in a moment.

"Tell you what. If you want to be reasonable and talk, we can be counted upon to keep our word and be civil. Though, you do owe us for blast my feline friends with your cones of cold."

"Or do you wish to see some impressive work with my whip to cow you further into submission."
He cracked it once for effect, but really making a threat... yet. He was shooting for a more reasonable approach and would save intimidation for a later moment if it proved necessary.

[sblock=Actions]Take 10 on Diplomacy +20[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Character Sheet
Initiative: +4 Perception: +12
AC: 22 (20 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 65 Current: 65
CMB: +9 CMD: 22(20ff) Fort: +6 Reflex: +10 Will: +8
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Current Weapon in Hand: Shortbow & Whip

Bardic Performances (lingering 2 rnds): 22/25 Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: [Message, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound]
1st Level 6/7 (DC16) [CLW, Feather Fall, Hideous Laughter, Timely Inspiration, Grease, Vanish, Charm Person, Silent Image]
2nd Level 4/5 (DC17) [Sound Burst, Heroism, Glitterdust, Mirror Image, Invisibility, Calm Emotions, Silence]
3rd Level 3/4 (DC18) [Haste, Slow, Phantom Steed, Confusion][/sblock][sblock=SdW]I still have Vincenzo from 2-3 years ago in my Photobucket.

http://i956.photobucket.com/albums/ae47/perrinmiller/Living Pathfinder/Vincenzo_zpsc75121e2.jpg[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
Maui returned to the scene, tail twitching angrily, looking up towards where he perceived the ogre mage's voice. He moved over to the roof where Taniwha looked down at the ground with uncertainty. With a growl Maui told Taniwh to climb onto his back. Taniwha did so, digging his claws into the dire tiger's sticky back. Then Maui lay down flat on his stomach so that Taniwha could gently spring to the floor.

Maui then stood and let out a roar, leaving no doubt what he thought about this conversation with their invisible enemy.

Remove ads