Pathfinder 1E [LPF] Perception is Reality

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Barlo Hawkins, Human Bard

Elnefrai_zps89549ca6.jpg

Barlo had not been terribly sympathetic at hearing the rat-man start whining about his questioning the situation or being ignored by the others. Adventuring people were better off assertive and able to speak up for themselves if they wanted others to put faith in them where lives were on the line. He thought the rat was lucky the large cat had decided not to try eating him.

He spoke to both Anton and the rat-man, “Ahh, he is providing the means for getting to Tritower, then. Very good, thank you for explaining.”

“No hard feelings, Hassbek. I am sure you are quite capable and your services are most welcome. Just please do not leave me up in a tree or in a lake upon arrival, eh?”
He winked.

Turning only to the church man, he gestured over his shoulder to the horse he was leading by the reins. “This horse here is named Brown Eye.” The mare was mostly brown in color, with a few black patching on her lower legs. Her eyes were dark like all horses.

“Tis a joke in naming, courtesy of the half-orc horse trader I purchased the mare from. Please care for her if you would.” Barlo offered the reins.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Character Sheet
Initiative: +4 Perception: +12
AC: 22 (20 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 65 Current: 65
CMB: +9 CMD: 22(20ff) Fort: +6 Reflex: +10 Will: +8
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Current Weapon in Hand: None

Bardic Performances (lingering 2 rnds): 25/25 Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: [Message, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound]
1st Level 7/7 (DC16) [CLW, Feather Fall, Hideous Laughter, Timely Inspiration, Grease, Vanish, Charm Person, Silent Image]
2nd Level 5/5 (DC17) [Sound Burst, Heroism, Glitterdust, Mirror Image, Invisibility, Calm Emotions, Silence]
3rd Level 4/4 (DC18) [Haste, Slow, Phantom Steed, Confusion][/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Vincenzo bows politely to the Man-rat, "My humble apologies, Master Hassbek. We had spoke of some equipment needs before I left the group for the Mystic pearl. I was only checking to see if my choice was acceptable. Please forgive me. Your place on this team is truly secure, and if I see enough potential, I may have to pass knowledge of your skills on some I know who might need as such in the future."

[sblock=stat block]
AC: 25 (21 flat-footed, 19 touch)
with Combat expertise:
AC: 28 (23 flat-footed, 24 touch)

HP: 112/112

CMB: +13 CMD: 26
vs trip
CMB: +15 CMD: 28
vs disarm
CMB: +18 CMD: 31

Fort: +11 Reflex: +8 Will: +6

Perception: +11 Sense Motive: +3 Stealth +6
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: Rapier, +3 Keen

Temporary items in possession: healing potions, Healing wand

Items depleted: none
[/sblock]

[sblock=mace]
mwk silver mace, att +15/+10, dam 1d6+4, crit x2, type b
[/sblock][/]

jackslate45

First Post
[section]

Ethane takes the silver mace, and ties it off to his belt. "Thanks Vincenzo. It is always good to have a backup weapon."

Once Torelli explained who the rat-man was, Ethane nodded towards Hassbek and said "Well met Hassbek. I am on board with getting there as quickly as possible. I am hoping your abilities would allow us to save more lives."
[/section]

[sblock=Ethane Stats]
Ethane Beray
AC: 22 (20 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 83/83
CMB: +07 CMD: 20
Fort: +10 Reflex: +06 Will: +14
Perception: +11
Initiative: +1
Current Weapon in Hand: Longspear +14/+09 1d8+2 20/x3
Current Conditions in Effect:

Used Items:

Held Items:
Letter of Introduction for Priestess Anna and Acoylte Cadalis

Level 0 Spells( 3 ): Light, Purify Food and Drink, Stabilize
Level 1 Spells(5+1): Shield*, Bless, Comprehend Languages, Divine Favor(+3), Divine Favor(+3), Protection from Evil
Level 2 Spells(5+1): Barkskin(+4)*, Grace, Resist Energy, Lesser Restoration, Spiritual Weapon, Weapon of Awe
Level 3 Spells(3+1): Protection from Energy*, Invisibility Purge, Magic Vestment(+2), Prayer
Level 4 Spells(2+1): Spell Immunity*, Greater Magic Weapon(+2), Freedom of Movement
Level 5 Spells(1+1): Quickened Shield*, Quickened Divine Favor(+3)
* Indicates Domain Spell

Extend Rod: 3/3 per Day
Deflection Aura: 1/1: 20' Aura +2 Deflection AC / CMD. Lasts for 9 rounds
Aura of Protection: 9/9: 30' aura; gain +1 deflection bonus, resistance 5 Fire/Electric/Sonic/Acid/Lightning
Channel: 3/3 5d6 30' burst.
[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Hassbek
attachment.php

The grizzled ratkin seems a little comforted by the nature of the discussion, almost glowing at formal forms of address and such. However, his labored breathing, and general unsteadiness of motion, do not change. "Thanks. I try my best. Let us begin." Hassbek takes a breath, as if about to do something, only to be interrupted by Torelli.

Anton Torelli
"Hold up, hold up," the guardsman interrupts. Immediately, Hassbek's shoulders drop, and he looks to his employer, questioningly. "Uhhh," Torelli starts, looking away from the group a moment and then back, before continuing, "I have a small favor... a gentleman's favor, if you will. There exists a woman in Tritower, by the name of Samantha Caine, servant of Amenthia. Mid thirties in age, strawberry blonde hair, hazel eyes, and of local stock. Generally well known and well liked. I'd like to know how she fares, if you could."

"Keep eyes open," Hassbek replies, before resuming what he was doing, "First look." With that, the elder rat casts a spell. For all his physical faults, his magic proves to be simple and direct. Casting his spell with but a single word, he enters an detached state, gazing over the group with almost expressionless eyes. Holding out a small, furred hand, the wizard explains, "take hand and link up. We go..."

[sblock=Last Call]If you have any further business or questions for Torelli, now is the time. Hassbek will cast as soon as everyone is chained together.[/sblock]

Attachments

• Hassbek.jpg
    Hassbek.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 427
Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Vincenzo takes his hand, not sure what to expect. The ratkin's fur proves to b3e clean, well tended. like that of a short haired dog that was allowed to be inside the homeof well off people. He is impressed.

jbear

First Post
Maui had not needed anything more from the Pearl. He had already spent a fortune before arriving and now his pouch hung miseraby empty from his belt once more. He remained in the Dunn Wright with his new companions as VIncenzo left to buy new gear.

When Torelli approached with the rat wizard, Taniwha pricked up his ears and growled with raised shackles. Maui barked a word in his native tongue and the cat flopped back down onto its belly. The cheetah however did not take its eye off the rodent shaped humanoid, tail swishing dangerously all the while. Maui however remained silent during the exchange, arms folded across his chest. He does however snort with laughter as Barlo hands over his horse 'Brown Eye'.

WHen Torelli made a personal request to visit a certain woman, Maui smiled lasciviously and elbowed the soldier. "Ehhhhhh... te gentle man want to be not so gentle with te Samantha, eeehhh? Maui visits her and say that Mr Torelli wants to whakaaroha te lady all night long! Not to worrying!" He then joined one hand with Vincenzo in the circle, placing his other hand on Taniwha's head after he ordered his feline companion to come and sit at his side, and then awaited the magic to take them.

jackslate45

First Post
[section]

Ethane smiles at Maui's joke, then his face looks serious as he returns his gaze to Torelli "We will do everything we can to save and protect as many lives as possible. You have my vow on that."

As he had no outstanding questions with Torelli, Ethane picks his spear back up and places it in his bag, only to free up his hands. Trying to reach the tiger was difficult in full plate, but his hand was able to touch Maui's, and with his free hand Ethane extended it to Barlo.
[/section]

[sblock=Ethane Stats]
Ethane Beray
AC: 22 (20 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 83/83
CMB: +07 CMD: 20
Fort: +10 Reflex: +06 Will: +14
Perception: +11
Initiative: +1
Weapons Put aside:
Longspear +14/+09 1d8+2 20/x3
MWK Silver Mace: +8/+3 1d6+1 20/x2

Current Conditions in Effect:

Used Items:

Held Items:
Letter of Introduction for Priestess Anna Kallira and Acolyte Larin Cadalis

Objectives:
Meet up with Priestess Anna Kallira and Acolyte Larin Cadalis
Rescue as many people as possible
-Look for Samantha Caine, servant of Amenthia
Investigate how the undead

Level 0 Spells( 3 ): Light, Purify Food and Drink, Stabilize
Level 1 Spells(5+1): Shield*, Bless, Comprehend Languages, Divine Favor(+3), Divine Favor(+3), Protection from Evil
Level 2 Spells(5+1): Barkskin(+4)*, Grace, Resist Energy, Lesser Restoration, Spiritual Weapon, Weapon of Awe
Level 3 Spells(3+1): Protection from Energy*, Invisibility Purge, Magic Vestment(+2), Prayer
Level 4 Spells(2+1): Spell Immunity*, Greater Magic Weapon(+2), Freedom of Movement
Level 5 Spells(1+1): Quickened Shield*, Quickened Divine Favor(+3)
* Indicates Domain Spell

Extend Rod: 3/3 per Day
Deflection Aura: 1/1: 20' Aura +2 Deflection AC / CMD. Lasts for 9 rounds
Aura of Protection: 9/9: 30' aura; gain +1 deflection bonus, resistance 5 Fire/Electric/Sonic/Acid/Lightning
Channel: 3/3 5d6 30' burst.
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
Seems pretty cut and dry. Once we actually start investigating I'm sure we will have more, but I don't really have any questions right now.
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Barlo Hawkins, Human Bard

Elnefrai_zps89549ca6.jpg

Barlo glanced at Maui’s interpretation of the request from Torelli. He was gathering that he was making a crude jest, and clapped him on the shoulder.

“Ha! Here I thought I was the bard and comedian. I don’t know what you mean by wakayrow-ha, but I fully understand it being difficult to find words to rhyme with it.”

“Maybe something like…

“Wakayrow all night, by the full moon’s light”

Barlo took Ethane’s hand, not letting his poetic constructions get in the way of their departure. He could multi-task.

[sblock=OOC Commentary]You guys are a tough crowd. Only jbear appears to appreciate my humor. ;)[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Character Sheet
Initiative: +4 Perception: +12
AC: 22 (20 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 65 Current: 65
CMB: +9 CMD: 22(20ff) Fort: +6 Reflex: +10 Will: +8
Current Conditions in Effect: None

Bardic Performances (lingering 2 rnds): 25/25 Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: [Message, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound]
1st Level 7/7 (DC16) [CLW, Feather Fall, Hideous Laughter, Timely Inspiration, Grease, Vanish, Charm Person, Silent Image]
2nd Level 5/5 (DC17) [Sound Burst, Heroism, Glitterdust, Mirror Image, Invisibility, Calm Emotions, Silence]
3rd Level 4/4 (DC18) [Haste, Slow, Phantom Steed, Confusion][/sblock]

Remove ads