Pathfinder 1E [LPF] Perception is Reality

Aura

Explorer
Garm gave the group a nod and then got himself back to work. A rough appraisal of his situation is he has a lot of work on his hands. Almost as soon as the group had taken even a few steps away he was beset by another of the Tritower citizens with another problem.

It was Maui that was last to leave the clearing, on the account of a dwarven child giving him (or his thigh, at least) a hug and her thanks before letting him go. She then made herself busy, drawing her friends around her, and going over how the money was to be split. As the group withdraws, she seems intent on describing to her friends just how much they'd earned and how it was to be split up. Exciting.

However, the journey through the camp showed a different demeanor altogether. There is a sense of despair to the people as Barlo talks to them, eventually finding a trail that leads to the priestess, Anna. They eye you curiously, and the feel Vincenzo gets from more than one is a small glimmer of hope. It also becomes obvious that they are entirely commoners, and you haven't seen a single person of upper station at all. With the exception of perhaps Maui, the group tends to be considerably better dressed than most of the people here.

Eventually the trails ends and you spot the oft-mentioned priestess. A teenage boy leads her along to wherever they are headed next, and she clings to his arm as they thread their way through the camp. She walks slowly, and they boy leads her with a bit of practiced patience. Upon getting closer, there is something odd about her, a seemingly unhealthy glow and tiredness that do not seem quite natural. However, the description seems consistent with what you've been told, although nobody mentioned how young she was--this woman is probably not yet 18 years old.

As you approach, the boy exclaims, "Priestess, strange people!" He turns to face you, which results in her turning as well.

jbear

First Post
"Not te strange people, God Child. Te Heroe People from te Hall of Heroes in Vezna. Maui I am, friend of te Frog King, buffalo wrestler, destroyer of te leech. Maui carries te king, Taniwha. We come to help." He gives what he thinks is a reassuring smile to the young woman, patting the cheetah on his shoulder (which earns him a whipping tail to the face) before adding "You look sick."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Vincenzo also smiles at the lad, "It is true young sir. We are here to help your town be rid of the menace. W hail from Venza, the city of glass from which we traveled as fast as wee could once we learned of the troubles."

[sblock=stat block]
AC: 25 (21 flat-footed, 19 touch)
with Combat expertise:
AC: 28 (23 flat-footed, 24 touch)

HP: 112/112

CMB: +13 CMD: 26
vs trip
CMB: +15 CMD: 28
vs disarm
CMB: +18 CMD: 31

Fort: +11 Reflex: +8 Will: +6

Perception: +11 Sense Motive: +3 Stealth +6
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: Rapier, +3 Keen

Temporary items in possession: healing potions, Healing wand

Items depleted: none
[/sblock]

[sblock=mace]
mwk silver mace, att +15/+10, dam 1d6+4, crit x2, type b
[/sblock][/][/][/][/]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Barlo Hawkins, Human Bard

Elnefrai_zps89549ca6.jpg

Barlo nodded in agreement as the others started telling the lad they were from Venza and there to help. He stepped closer to the blind acolyte and his voice was kindly in tone.

"Indeed we are from Venza. I am Barlo Hawkins and with me are Vincenzo, Ethane Beray, Maui and Taniwha."

"We were specifically sent here as quickly as possible to meet with you and Larin Cadalis initially. Then were were told to seek out more senior of the clergy that might still be in Tritower. We have a letter of introduction from Anton Torelli."

"I can imagine a lot has happened since your sent your letter to Venza five days ago, But, perhaps it would be best for us to find Larin before we continue discussing things."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Character Sheet
Initiative: +4 Perception: +12
AC: 22 (20 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 65 Current: 65
CMB: +9 CMD: 22(20ff) Fort: +6 Reflex: +10 Will: +8
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Current Weapon in Hand: None

Bardic Performances (lingering 2 rnds): 25/25 Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: [Message, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound]
1st Level 7/7 (DC16) [CLW, Feather Fall, Hideous Laughter, Timely Inspiration, Grease, Vanish, Charm Person, Silent Image]
2nd Level 5/5 (DC17) [Sound Burst, Heroism, Glitterdust, Mirror Image, Invisibility, Calm Emotions, Silence]
3rd Level 4/4 (DC18) [Haste, Slow, Phantom Steed, Confusion][/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
OOC: @jackslate45
- I saw a post for absence in AFK thread for 13th to 16th August, posted most recently 24th August. Let me know what is up, if you can.
- If anyone else has heard anything more, let me know.

Aura

Explorer
Anna Kallira
With your introductions, the priestess nods to you. "From Venza, but not all Venzans. Yes. Welcome to our camp, such as it is." With one hand, Anna gestures to the surroundings in a slow, wide arc. "I am Priestess Anna Kallira, the senior member of the Church of Cortesia in the area. Not much has happened since the initial incident, but I will share with you what I have learned. But first, let us head to my little chunk of ground. Jeremy, if you would...."

With that, the boy begins leading you back through the camp, in the rough direction the dwarf mentioned the Cortesians were bedded down. He notably a typical Tritower teen, commoner and likely to be a strapping dock-worker or some such later in life. Along the way, Anna leads the conversation into a segue, continuing to face forward as she speaks, "It's true I've felt better, Maui. The camp has many needs, particularly in the first couple days. I have yet to recover from the assistance I have given. I am sorry to concern you so."

For his part, Jeremy remains quiet throughout the short jaunt over to the part of the camp where Anna and Larin are set up. Talk about Anna's condition seems to bring an uncomfortable look to his face, but otherwise he provides service with no input to the conversation, spoken or otherwise. Upon reaching the camp, Anna sits on her bedroll and dismisses him, telling him she's done for the day and will not need his assistance any further.

As Jeremy is leaving, a man approaches, dressed practically but with a Cortesian mantle. He is human, in his early 20's, with dark hair, beard and complexion. In his hands he carries a fishing rod and some related supplies. "I just delivered a few fish to the cooks and..." the man's voice trails off as he sets eyes on the group, particularly the large feline next to Maui.

"Larin," Priestess Anna picks up before the man figures out what to say next. "These gentlemen are from Venza. Allow me to introduce Barlo Hawkins, Vincenzo, Ethane Beray, Maui and Taniwha. Although Ethane and Taniwha seem to be the strong, silent types. Gentlemen, this is my assistant, Larin Cadalis."

Anna continues to speak as Larin nods, looking at Taniwha again and obviously counting the members of your group, "Larin, Barlo here says he has a letter of introduction. If you would... handle it for me, please."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Barlo Hawkins, Human Bard

Elnefrai_zps89549ca6.jpg

Barlo handed over the note over to the male acolyte

"Here you go."

"Your pardon, but the impression I had from Anton was that there were religious leadership higher than yourselves organizing the evacuation of something within Tritower. No offense is intended, but did you just receive a promotion that Venza doesn't know about?"

He looked at both of the acolytes, trying to see if either had the telltale signs of falsehood.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Character Sheet
Initiative: +4 Perception: +12
AC: 22 (20 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 65 Current: 65
CMB: +9 CMD: 22(20ff) Fort: +6 Reflex: +10 Will: +8
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Current Weapon in Hand: None

Bardic Performances (lingering 2 rnds): 25/25 Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: [Message, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound]
1st Level 7/7 (DC16) [CLW, Feather Fall, Hideous Laughter, Timely Inspiration, Grease, Vanish, Charm Person, Silent Image]
2nd Level 5/5 (DC17) [Sound Burst, Heroism, Glitterdust, Mirror Image, Invisibility, Calm Emotions, Silence]
3rd Level 4/4 (DC18) [Haste, Slow, Phantom Steed, Confusion][/sblock] [sblock=OOC]Not sure who had the note. Maybe it was Ethane. But, I don't think it really matters. ;)

Taking 10 on Sense Motive +20 for 30[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Vincenzo looks the newcomer overpaying particular attention to anything that might be hidden

[roll0]

"Hey Maui," asks Vincenzo, 'Do you think "Taumata-whakatangihanga-koauau-o-Tamatea-haumai-tawhiti-ure-haea-turi-pukaka-piki-maunga-horo-nuku-pokai-whenua-ki-tana-tahu,' might have some wisdom as to what is going on in town?"

[sblock=translation]
for those of us who do not know what this word means, all 105 letters, it means: "The hill of the flute playing by Tamatea – who was blown hither from afar, had a slit pxxxx, grazed his knees climbing mountains, fell on the earth, and encircled the land – to his beloved". It is the longest name for a place in the world records. It is in New Zealand, I think.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
Maui looks at his friend sideways, his eyebrows raised almost to his hairline with surprise. And then, despite the rather heavy atmosphere, the jungle warrior burst into tears of laughter. He embraces his friend in a violent hug which sends Taniwha falling from his shoulders and past his back to the ground with a hissing howl of annoyance. Of course the cheetah lands on his feet, tail twitching left and right. "Handsome Blade! Taku teina! Don't be talking stupid!" He holds his friend at arm length beaming a smile at him. "Why would te hill of te town where Maui lives have wisdom of this place? Te hill has no legs. Te hill of Taumata-whakatangihanga-koauau-o-Tamatea-haumai-tawhiti-ure-haea-turi-pukaka-piki-maunga-horo-nuku-pokai-whenua-ki-tana-tahu have wisdom of te village and te tribe and te ancestors spirits, but not of this place. But Maui is proud that Handsome Blade learn te name of taku maunga! I will tell te people of my village on te hill, that Handsome Blade master te fearsome name of our hill! You have won great mana amongst my people!"

Remove ads