New SPECTRE Trailer!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
This is looking great!

[video=youtube;LTDaET-JweU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTDaET-JweU[/video]

Dioltach

Legend
I know some people dislike Daniel Craig's Bond and these new movies, but I have to admit, I think they're head and shoulders above the earlier ones. This looks like it will be another great movie.

Ryujin

Legend
Definitely looks promising. I'll be seeing it.

I know some people dislike Daniel Craig's Bond and these new movies, but I have to admit, I think they're head and shoulders above the earlier ones. This looks like it will be another great movie.

It's been a lot of years since I read the novels, as in 40+, but Daniel Craig's Bond reminds me more of the original "thug in a suit" character from the books, than do the movie versions by previous actors.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Definitely looks promising. I'll be seeing it.

It's been a lot of years since I read the novels, as in 40+, but Daniel Craig's Bond reminds me more of the original "thug in a suit" character from the books, than do the movie versions by previous actors.

Hmm that may indeed be it. Craigs Bond is different to the Suave "Shaken not Stirred" Bond we got with Connery, Moore and successors. The older movies were very much OTT escapism with a touch of 60's camp in them. (as a point of reference I'm a fan of John Steed and Emma Peel type Spy Camp)

I haven't actually watched a whole Bond Movie since Tomorrow Never Dies, though I did see half of Skyfall. The others have lost part of their charm and try to hard to be serious espionage despite corny scenarios.
Not that they are bad spy action pics, they just reflect a change in taste...

Ryujin

Legend
Hmm that may indeed be it. Craigs Bond is different to the Suave "Shaken not Stirred" Bond we got with Connery, Moore and successors. The older movies were very much OTT escapism with a touch of 60's camp in them. (as a point of reference I'm a fan of John Steed and Emma Peel type Spy Camp)

I haven't actually watched a whole Bond Movie since Tomorrow Never Dies, though I did see half of Skyfall. The others have lost part of their charm and try to hard to be serious espionage despite corny scenarios.
Not that they are bad spy action pics, they just reflect a change in taste...

If you enjoyed the '60s camp spy stuff and you haven't already seen them, you need to seek out the "Matt Helm" (Dean Martin) and "Flint" (James Coburn) films for the Americanized versions.

I did enjoy the Moore and Connery Bonds, but Craig's depiction speaks to me more.

Last edited:

Remove ads